Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
Hi folks! I am certainly glad that I discovered this forum. Once I started looking into e cigs, I discovered a truly confusing array of options and acronyms and stuff, and this forum has been a huge help.

My vaping experiences actually reach back to the late 90's. Certain stores started selling globe-style vaporizers for vaporizing the resins from dry herbs. These basically had a metal tray on top of a soldering iron. They were pretty worthless, as they almost always ended up combusting the herbs.

I live in Colorado. Fast forward to today, and certain stores in Colorado are selling e cigs to vaporize pre loaded cartridges of essential herbal oils. I bought one for a trip to the mountains, where any sort of smoking is undesirable.

Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
Anyway, I was puffing on this thing, and I started absentmindedly puffing on it as if it were a cigarette.

That's when I had a revelation.

I quit analogs on February 11th, 2011. I have been struggling with nicotine addiction ever since. Every day. Suddenly, I realized that my "withdrawal" symptoms weren't due to nicotine at all. I had actually overcome that long ago.

I was addicted to the act of smoking, not nicotine. That's why my smoking of herbal concoctions had greatly increased after I quit tobacco. I missed smoking, not tobacco or nicotine specifically.

A little inquiry led me to the fact that these compact (cigarette-sized) oil vaporizers were actually off the shelf e cigs. Then I found out that I could get not only these with no oil in the cartridges, but that I could even get e juice with no nicotine in it...

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Exactly, Watson. :thumb:

The addiction to smoking is much more complex than just the addiction to nicotine. The "hand-to-mouth" behavior and the "inhalation & exhalation" of smoke or vapor are also extremely important. That's probably why the nicotine gum and patches have such high failure rates, because they only cover the nicotine part and not the other two.

Reactions: suprtrkr

Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
Google is my friend. Or is it? My internet searching led me to cigalikes, since I was searching on the term "e cig". I ordered some Halo G6 and V2 brand cartridges and batteries.

I've had no problems with them, but the V2 product seems to function better. Which I am certain is of little interest around here.

My one dislike about tootle puffing on V2 cigalikes is the draw necessary. It's tighter than the draw on a cigarette. Vapor production is OK in my opinion, since it's about the same as the smoke production of a cigarette.

So I got a 510 automatic battery and some clearomizers from SmokTek. Quite pleased with the more open draw. I think it makes as much vapor as I would want. I love it.

Best yet, I don't smoke at all (not even herbs) any more, and I don't miss it anymore, either! Yay e cigs!

Reactions: Phoenix1984

Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
Exactly, Watson. :thumb:

The addiction to smoking is much more complex than just the addiction to nicotine. The "hand-to-mouth" behavior and the "inhalation & exhalation" of smoke or vapor are also extremely important. That's probably why the nicotine gum and patches have such high failure rates, because they only cover the nicotine part and not the other two.

That's why the patches worked but didn't work...

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Google is my friend. Or is it? My internet searching led me to cigalikes, since I was searching on the term "e cig".
That depends upon the data input of your inquiry. Certainly, doing a search for "ecigs" will bring you to "cigalikes". These may well get someone off of cigarettes, but their are better options for the most part.

Google and other search engines use the volume of user hits to determine the order of subject hits on specific inquiries. A lot of disreputable ecig companies make fake recommendations and artificially enhance their hit numbers to make their companies appear at the top of a Google search. These companies are very rarely the better companies to purchase from. Luckily, ECF is popular enough worldwide to also appear at the top of those searches. You'll get better recommendations here than you will anywhere else.

Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder

A Good Starter Setup for a Beginner Vaper

Last edited:

Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
That depends upon the data input of your inquiry. Certainly, doing a search for "ecigs" will bring you to "cigalikes". These may well get someone off of cigarettes, but their are better options for the most part.

Google uses the volume of user hits to determine the order of hits on specific inquiries. A lot of disreputable ecig companies make fake recommendations and artificially enhance their hit numbers to make their companies appear at the beginning of a Google search. These companies are very rarely the better companies to purchase from. Luckily, ECF is popular enough worldwide to also appear at the top of those searches. You'll get better recommendations here than you will anywhere else.

Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder

A Good Starter Setup for a Beginner Vaper

Actually, cigalikes are about all you see around here (Denver, and CO in general). In fact, you're likely to raise suspicions if you have anything bigger. People just assume that you are vaping something other than ejuice. So I use my V2 cigalikes in public, and nobody bats an eyelash, because they don't look like the ecigs and vaporizers that are associated around here with herbal oil vaping, which isn't allowed in public.

At home, I'm fine with the 510+cartomizer. Of course, I'm a natural gearhead (you should see my guitar collection), so I'll probably be buying something more badass sooner or later. I know just where to go for recommendations, too!

Reactions: Baditude
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread