Long delivery times (1 week) from Totally Wicked USA (to N.J.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there, I wondered if a week is normal for USPS shipping from Florida to New Jersey? I have ordered from both Dark City Vapor and mad vapes and both vendors had my packages in my mailbox within 3 days of the purchase.

The tracking info for Totally Wicked (TW) did not show up as an email confirmation until over a day after my order was placed.

My order was placed in the morning of Tuesday, Feb. 21st and I still haven't received it as of the afternoon of Tuesday, Feb 28th.

(from the order info on TW's site after I logged in)
[h=2]Order #599xxx[/h]Date: Tue Feb 21 2012 09:57:30 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

(From the USPS site using my tracking number)

First-Class Mail®
Expected Delivery By: February 25, 2012

Depart USPS Sort Facility - February 27, 2012 KEARNY, NJ 07032

Processed through USPS Sort Facility - February 26, 2012, 5:03 pm - KEARNY, NJ 07032

Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility - February 23, 2012, 1:06 am - TAMPA, FL 33605

Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility - February 22, 2012, 11:51 pm - BRADENTON, FL 34203

Electronic Shipping Info Received - February 22, 2012

Shipment Accepted - February 22, 2012, 4:32 pm - BRADENTON, FL 34203

I'm in Essex County New Jersey, not too far from Newark or Kearny. Is a week normal for a shipment from Florida to New Jersey?

Last edited:

RocketRod

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2012
Colorado Springs, CO
I can't answer your question on the ship time. But I can tell you that every vendors location to you will be different. My current fear is when the USPS scale backs happen, the only sort facility in Colorado Springs will close. 250 jobs gone. All our city's mail will be sorted in Denver adding one more day to deliveries. Yuck!

JmeMcG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2012
Clackamas, Oregon
That's a bummer. It is taking longer than it used to for delivery these days. With all the downsizing and such I think they (USPS) said to expect an additonal 1-2 days for delivery and that was for Prority mail. The tracking info is also not "up to the minute". I, however, feel it should have been delivered by now. Don't really know what else to tell you though, sorry. The vendor is going to see the same info on the USPS site if they try to track it as well. It sucks! Hope your package arrives soon.

Thanks for the comments. When I ordered from DVC and GV, I selected Priority Mail which was only a few dollars more than 'First Class'. I didn't see that option, or ANY option, when I ordered from TW.

I suppose the USPS could be slowed down a bit after the President's day holiday, but this seems redonkulous!

What kinda upsets me is that Totally Wicked didn't seem to ship my order until the following afternoon. My 2nd order from DCV was in the USPS system 3 HOURS after I made my order and I got it three days after the order was placed.! I think my GotVapes order was also shipped the same day and I got it in TWO days, although they only had to ship it about 30 miles across the river from NY.

What this has taught me is to make sure I don't run low on supplies before I make an order. I ran out of juice I like and am resorting to using some unused sample juice that I really can't stand. Yech!

Strigoi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2010
Martinez, CA
What kinda upsets me is that Totally Wicked didn't seem to ship my order until the following afternoon.

You need to be more patient. A lot of these e-cig vendors aren't big operations and don't always get stuff sent out that day. I'm happy if my order ships within 2 days of placing it (order Monday, ships Wednesday as an example).

It's also a bit misleading putting Totally Wicked in the thread title. They got the order out in a timely matter and now it's in the hands of the USPS. They, or anyone that ships, have zero control over what happens once they have the package picked up/dropped off.

dekalbave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA, United States
Couldn't agree more with Strigol. I've had four orders with Totally Wicked, and yes, it takes them an extra day to ship it out. But two of my orders came Priority Mail, two came first class. I'm guessing they're a bit like Liberty Flights, and decide whether to send first class or Priority Mail based on price of the order, but I'm not entirely sure, as they don't have a stated policy like Liberty Flights does. But what happens once it gets in the hand of USPS, well, I think that's been answered.

I do hope you get your package soon though.

BTW, have you contacted Totally Wicked's customer service about your problem? They answer very promptly and are very helpful in my experience. I'm sure that after a certain amount of time the order is considered to be "lost" Just don't know what that time frame is, though.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Look at the schedule closely. It didn't get to the p.o. till almost midnight on the 22nd. It got to Tampa on the 23rd and took 3 days to get to NJ, probably because of the holiday. It's been in NJ for 2 days for some reason. It should have been out for delivery on the 28th unless it has to go to another NJ post office. The combination of slow shipping by TW and the holiday is what took so long. You should get it by Wednesday.

Last edited:

Bradder

Am I Chip or am I Dale?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Does seem rather odd-- usually anything shipped up & down "the corridor" is almost same day service. Through Sailorman did make a good observation about the order. personally, I have never had trouble with Totally Wicked USA so it may be just a fluke. Hope it arries (or has arrived) befor you need it. Happy vape.

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
since most ecig orders get sent out in record time (from most vendors) I think it has spoiled us. I always have to wait at least a week for orders from other places, amazon for instance. so I think we should be grateful for how fast we get ecig orders!

also, it is a good idea to assume the PO will take their time getting our pkgs to us and reorder early - I immediately reorder when I open my last 30ml bottle (smaller bottles, I reorder when I open the next to last), my last atty, my last battery. for me, I know if I run out I will still go get a cig.

plan ahead is my best advice :)

A late update. My order did come on Wednesday, a week +1 day after my order was placed. At the building where I work (a condominium) I just found out that we have some residents who wait weeks for their mail to be forwarded from New Jersey to Florida. There seems to be something going on with the Florida mail, at least as far as NJ to FLA. I didn't contact TW at first regarding the slow shipping since it was already in the USPS system, just taking an awfully long time to get here. On a side note, when I opened the package and tried out a DCT 3.5 mil tank, I got 5 flashes on my KGO battery. I thought that the dual coil wasn't going to work with the KGO. But it seemed that I got a bad carto, since the one in the other unit I ordered worked, as well as the spare dual coil XL carto I ordered from them. I love the workmanship on the DCT tank, but I need to take a long slow pull on it to get a good vape as compared to a normal Boge LR. Perhaps it's due to the dual coils, I'm not sure. Having tried CE2s, clear cartos and now a dual coil carto in a tank, my favorite is my original Boge LR cartos that came with my first purchase.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread