Logo in avatar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonsul

Unregistered Supplier
Jun 28, 2010
Dallas, Tx
www.square-cig.co.cc
I have a question, I've read in the Supplier Registration Criteria right at the top that having your logo or name of your business is not permissible. Yet I've seen a number of suppliers doing such. Like the user Raenon also in this unregistered forum.
Is this rule deprecated, because I'd like to be able to use my logo?

Next I have some small health claims on my site, mostly referring to the absence of tar. Which is proven as tar isn't present in the e-liquid and tar is present in smoke and bad for you. I only make claims that are within reason and 'no duh' type of claims.
Nothing outlandish like completely healthy, as nicotine isn't.

I wonder why mentioning any health claims is forbidden, as a lot of the time that is the main and sometimes only reason some people use Personal Vaporizers.

Thank you

[edit]
Okay I've found out about the avatar thing, I was mistaken about pre-registration rules and post-registration rules. But I'm still wondering about health claims, are small health claims allowed or will any health claims whatsoever count me out? I'd like to know before I submit my application so I don't have to again if something is wrong on my site.

thanks

Last edited:

Misty

Forum Admin Supplier & Commercial Manager
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2008
Canada
Hi Jonsul,

We need to ensure quality standards are maintained and inspect sites to see if they comply with our directive that no health or harmless claims, NRT or "smoke anywhere" claims are made. Due to the current legal court cases and lack of scientific clinical research to support harmless or healthier statements, we ask that sites not have such statements.

Many of the problems the industry is having now with regulators is due to ecigarette firms making unprovable health claims. None of these kinds of health or NRT claims will stand up in court as they are all unproven - unsupported by published clinical research. Even Doctors' “opinions” are worthless in this regard and the pharmaceutical licensing authority in most countries prohibits those sorts of claims.

SITE COMPLIANCE CRITERIA
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...rum/73068-approval-criteria-2010-01-15-a.html

Appreciate your understanding and looking forward to receiving your application.

Misty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread