Little itty bitty mods under $100.

Status
Not open for further replies.

duc916

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2012
Nor Cal
Do mech mods count? (I know, wrong forum, but it really deserves this thread) :)
I'm loving my new Kato clone. As far as I know it's the shortest, including the atty, 18650 mech mod you can get. I'm pretty sure it's even shorter than any 18350 tube mech, without being silly like an 18350 mech. This actually makes sense.

Kato Styled 18650 Mechanical Mod

This is my Kato with an Orchid V4 (with top-fill cap).
kato_orchid-v4.jpg

Last edited:

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
If you ever "re-do" your list...here's a little "cleaner" link for the Smart-20:

Found 7 smart-20 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

For egotism/OCD reasons...here's what I posted after your "first" list (on the iStick thread):

I've "looked at" most of them...

I've "eliminated" the VaporShark DNA30 from "my list" because it's barely under $100 ($99.99)

I've "eliminated" the Joyetech eGrip because I want to choose my battery and topper separately.

I've "eliminated" the IPV Mini because it's size is closer to a "Midi".

And I've "eliminated" the Cloupor Mini from "my list" because of it's 1 second delay when firing from Sleep.

Since Little itty bitty mods is in the title...it may be worthwhile to list some dimensions:

original-iStick 21mm X 32.8mm X 75mm (about $30)

30Watt-iStick 23mm X 32.5mm X 77mm (about $40)

Clouper Mini 22mm X 36mm X 77.5mm (about $49)

Smoktech Mini XPro M22 22mm X 38mm X 85mm (about $43)

Heatvape Defender 23mm X 35mm X 86mm (about $33)

Sigelei Mini 22mm X 36mm X 90.3mm (about $59)

IPV Mini 23mm X 40mm X 94mm (about $60)

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
I've "eliminated" the VaporShark DNA30 from "my list" because it's barely under $100 ($99.99)

That's too bad. It's the best mod on the list. And it will easily outlast them too.

Since Little itty bitty mods is in the title...it may be worthwhile to list some dimensions:

VS DNA 30 21mm x 36mm x 74mm

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Thank you, gerry! I did in fact edit the first post. When the ability to edit it ends, I'll post updates. Thank you also for the info on the dimensions. We'll continue to add those in to the updated lists as people provide them.

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Do mech mods count? (I know, wrong forum, but it really deserves this thread) :)
I'm loving my new Kato clone. As far as I know it's the shortest, including the atty, 18650 mech mod you can get. I'm pretty sure it's even shorter than any 18350 tube mech, without being silly like an 18350 mech. This actually makes sense.

View attachment 402836

duc, mech mods "count" in terms of size, but I agree that they really need to be in their own dedicated thread. We're in the variable voltage area here, so I am not adding any to the list.

If anyone wants to mention one (like you did), certainly go for it! I'm sure it's appreciated. :)

duc916

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2012
Nor Cal
duc, mech mods "count" in terms of size, but I agree that they really need to be in their own dedicated thread. We're in the variable voltage area here, so I am not adding any to the list.

If anyone wants to mention one (like you did), certainly go for it! I'm sure it's appreciated. :)

I agree completely. Mechs don't belong here. I think the Kato has so much ownage over any other short mech pretenders that there probably won't be any others posted in your thread, so I guess I did you a favor. :)

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.

View attachment 402836

I have been wanting one of these, and the only reason I don't get one is that I have so many mods now that I use all the time, I just can't make myself do it. I think it would be great with a Ehpro KFL clone. I'm assuming you like the quality of yours?

duc916

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2012
Nor Cal
I love it so far but it's early days. The spring on the neg batt post is fairly thin and worrisome, but I put Ox-Gard on both the spring and 510 screw, hitting a 0.3 ohm dual Orchid (about 4 tanks through it so far) and no noticeable sag in the two springs. It hits like a beast with no undue heat anywhere, etc. I still want to fabricate a solid post for the negative side. It ain't broke, but I'm gonna fix it. :)

Sorry to hijack this thread. :ohmy:

Last edited:

op22222

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
South Western, PA USA
If you ever "re-do" your list...here's a little "cleaner" link for the Smart-20:

Found 7 smart-20 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

For egotism/OCD reasons...here's what I posted after your "first" list (on the iStick thread):

I've "looked at" most of them...

I've "eliminated" the Joyetech eGrip because I want to choose my battery and topper separately.

I've "eliminated" the IPV Mini because it's size is closer to a "Midi".

And I've "eliminated" the Cloupor Mini from "my list" because of it's 1 second delay when firing from Sleep.

Thanks.....Good info.....Worth updating also!

msmith4512

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2014
New York, NY
Would include the Zero Modz clones?

It's 25mm x 45mm x 82.5 and available from Fasttech for about $70 $69.91 ZERO Modz Style Variable Wattage APV Box Mod - 7-30W / 1*18650 / stainless steel / grey at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping and often on ebay for under $100. Perhaps like the IPV Mini, it's more "midi" than "mini", but while heavier and larger, it's much more elegantly designed than my Isticks and IPV Mini. Almost rivals my SX Mini in looks, but of course not in features and performance.

SS stingray

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2014
Port Charlotte. Florida
Kat this is where to look for mini mods. I suggest that your list includes size and weight of all in your list. I know weight will not be easy but this info in an easy to find format will help people make up what to buy. I bet in several months the list will grow. The Istick has opened the gates to mini mods. I have just got a Cloupor mini and it's really nice. I think the next one maybe a Heatvape defender.

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Istick 20W and eGrip 20W for size comparison...

View attachment 402956

Thanks, op222222222222222!

Would include the Zero Modz clones?

It's 25mm x 45mm x 82.5 and available from Fasttech for about $70 $69.91 ZERO Modz Style Variable Wattage APV Box Mod - 7-30W / 1*18650 / stainless steel / grey at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping and often on ebay for under $100. Perhaps like the IPV Mini, it's more "midi" than "mini", but while heavier and larger, it's much more elegantly designed than my Isticks and IPV Mini. Almost rivals my SX Mini in looks, but of course not in features and performance.

I've added it to the list, msmith. :)

Kat this is where to look for mini mods. I suggest that your list includes size and weight of all in your list. I know weight will not be easy but this info in an easy to find format will help people make up what to buy. I bet in several months the list will grow. The Istick has opened the gates to mini mods. I have just got a Cloupor mini and it's really nice. I think the next one maybe a Heatvape defender.

Thank you, SS. My intent was to first start with the general categories of small and under $100. As time goes on, I'm sure that information will be added to updated lists. As people contribute what they know, I'll do my best to stay on top of the info. (What have I gotten myself into! :blink:) :D

Keep in mind that after tomorrow you won't be able to update that list anymore. One of the shortsighted limitations of this forum.

I'm aware of that, stewster, and have been rushing to edit it (several times). I'll do what I can to continue to update the list and post it in future posts. Thank you hon for the reminder.

Got another one for you to add by vision think they know the spinners are gonna be obsolete so now moving into boxes.

Vision Vapros iBox VV/VW 25W Multi-functional Mod for Pre-order - Cvapor.com

Added, thanks, beez!

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I wonder why, in the case of lists like this, the author can't edit for as long as needed.

I believe it's just ECF's software limitations, oplholik. I'd love it if I could continue to update the first post....... sigh.

But there will be updates, and I promise you that. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread