Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Which of the juices that Vermillion makes are naturally extracted tobaccos. I feel the information I have is solid, but others would like to know, and some are dubious.

Also, what kind of tobacco is used for the natural extraction? I am thinking cavendish.

Lastly, what kind of extraction process is used, e.g., maceration: pg/vg soak, or just pg; alcohol extraction; CO2?

There was a time when these questions didn't matter as much, but know, it helps knowing as to ascertain ahead of time what may or may not work.

I have talked with Dave a few times over the phone and was pleased about the information I got, but I can only convey so much being that second hand info is not always accurate and prone to trip-ups.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I don't need to know everything, or even close to everything, but some info is reasonable. I am not one of those that will not buy unless the method is disclosed, but one of my questions must be answered for me to buy. Once again, Dave told me quite a bit over the phone, which is why I was confident in buying the one time I bought, but the website does not disclose hardly any info and I think that is a missed opportunity. This thread could, as the title suggests, set the record straight.

Let's not get it twisted, I think VR's business model on free samples and returns on liquid is one of the most gracious policies out there, but that doesn't negate the need for many of us to know a bit more.

ISBN

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Happy Dale Sanatorium
yesitis2.gif

I use Ancient Alien Technology to make mine!!!

Old Guss

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Which of the juices that Vermillion makes are naturally extracted tobaccos. I feel the information I have is solid, but others would like to know, and some are dubious.

Also, what kind of tobacco is used for the natural extraction? I am thinking cavendish.

Lastly, what kind of extraction process is used, e.g., maceration: pg/vg soak, or just pg; alcohol extraction; CO2?

There was a time when these questions didn't matter as much, but know, it helps knowing as to ascertain ahead of time what may or may not work.

I have talked with Dave a few times over the phone and was pleased about the information I got, but I can only convey so much being that second hand info is not always accurate and prone to trip-ups.

There might be some trade secret involved. I'm sure a lot of vendors would like to know his process. ...but I'm interested to see what can be divulged.

I don't need to know everything, or even close to everything, but some info is reasonable. I am not one of those that will not buy unless the method is disclosed, but one of my questions must be answered for me to buy. Once again, Dave told me quite a bit over the phone, which is why I was confident in buying the one time I bought, but the website does not disclose hardly any info and I think that is a missed opportunity. This thread could, as the title suggests, set the record straight.

Let's not get it twisted, I think VR's business model on free samples and returns on liquid is one of the most gracious policies out there, but that doesn't negate the need for many of us to know a bit more.

Inquiring minds such as mine, too, would love to know!

There are some people that will not purchase unless the method is disclosed. I think they can tell you what method is done as they are not secret, although the process of method may be a secret.

Most vendors doing extractions brag on it. They say on the site the Poker blends are extracted. That doesn't sound like a trade secret.

Hi there thanks for stopping by. Sorry for the delay in the response but it's been unusually busy lately. Actually your guess with the Cavendish tobacco is fairly accurate, Cavendish tobacco is usually a blend of a few tobaccos combined together with light flavorings similar to ours. I really can't say the tobaccos that we actually use because that is somewhat of a trade secret. The extraction process used is a steam distillation process. We decided a few years back but that process was best left to the experts so we have work with the same company now for a few years to do our extraction process for us. We have found this gives us better consistency and lab quality results with each batch. We found the biggest trouble with this process or any process using natural ingredients is consistency. The joint effort helps us insure consistency and quality in our product, and quite honestly I don't think we could keep up with the old fashion way anymore, LOL. As for our Classic and Poker blends the process is the same, it just starts with different tobaccos.

Nick Fantastic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
LI, NY
Hi there thanks for stopping by. Sorry for the delay in the response but it's been unusually busy lately. Actually your guess with the Cavendish tobacco is fairly accurate, Cavendish tobacco is usually a blend of a few tobaccos combined together with light flavorings similar to ours. I really can't say the tobaccos that we actually use because that is somewhat of a trade secret. The extraction process used is a steam distillation process. We decided a few years back but that process was best left to the experts so we have work with the same company now for a few years to do our extraction process for us. We have found this gives us better consistency and lab quality results with each batch. We found the biggest trouble with this process or any process using natural ingredients is consistency. The joint effort helps us insure consistency and quality in our product, and quite honestly I don't think we could keep up with the old fashion way anymore, LOL. As for our Classic and Poker blends the process is the same, it just starts with different tobaccos.

Just for the record, and from my limited knowledge of tobacco extraction. I've come to know "steam distillation" as the process used to create Tobacco Absolute. Old Guss, can you confirm or deny that, essentially, what is in these juices is a form of Tobacco Absolute?

Thanks! :toast:

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Just for the record, and from my limited knowledge of tobacco extraction. I've come to know "steam distillation" as the process used to create Tobacco Absolute. Old Guss, can you confirm or deny that, essentially, what is in these juices is a form of Tobacco Absolute?

Thanks! :toast:

TA is usually manufactured by a hexane washing, to get a tobacco wax/concrete, followed by an ethyl alcohol extraction of the wax/concrete to obtain the absolute -- most commonly made this way in the perfume industry. You can, also, though I don't know how, skip the hexane washing and just get the absolute from using an ethyl alcohol extraction -- as evident in VelvetCloudVapors TA which is made in-house by an OEA extraction. However, that is not to say that all ethyl alcohol, or, OEA extractions are TA. I am mostly confident that these juices, VR, are not TA. I have come to learn that TA can also be produced by SD (steam distillation). TA is one of those ingredients, that when familiar with, are as easy to pick out as artificial sweeteners in soft drinks, whether made by OEA, SD, or hexane washing. But, as with most things, it depends on who is making the product, because one juice I have, Apple Cured, which has 5% TA, is undetectable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread