• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Let's play a little game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vidi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
The end of the world theorists were prove wrong when the year 2000 hit and the world continued. The latest theory is 2012 and soooo many have joined in on this one.

So a friend of mine and I were playing a game I'd like to share. Go to the New testament look at each book chapter 20 verse 12 ( if it has one )

So everyone go get that verse from a book that hasnt been posted yet. Is there a message?

Ill go first

Matthew 20:12
Saying, These last have wrought [but] one hour, and thou hast made them equal unto us, which have borne the burden and heat of the day.

angelique510

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Those are all good verses. And any reason to get someone looking into a Bible is good. But there can be no inspired pattern or hidden message from God using verses and dates. A quick Google brought up these two facts.

"The Bible was not originally inspired with divisions by chapter and verse. The ancient manuscripts didn't have them. One man, Cardinal Hugo de Sancto Caro, started to do this from 1244 to 1248 A.D. He did this while creating a concordance of the Latin Vulgate, in order to help people look up verses of the Bible. But the typical modern chapter divisions were apparently devised by Stephen Langton, who was an Archbishop of Canterbury in England. He started to do this around 1227 A.D. The Wycliffe English Bible did use them, as it was circulated in 1382."

"The Jewish calendar starts with the day when Adam and Eve were created (the Sixth Day of Creation). We are now in the eighth century of the sixth millennium."

December 12, 2012 (the date so often spoken about nowadays) would be Tevet 18, 5773 on the Jewish calendar.

That makes me a bit sad, because that would lead me to believe that the Rapture is not going to happen for another 200 plus years, if it is millennium corresponds to days. But greater scholars than I are figuring it should be any time now. Jack Van Impe, for one, is looking to the year 2012.

The bottom line is that none of know. Only the Father knows. We know the season, but not the day and the hour.

~A

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
I think you're right Angelique and Southern Gent! But Revelation 20:12 is about judgment day, that's kind of interesting..........

There are few verses that can stand on their own giving a message. John 3:16 is one that can stand alone. Most of the time you have to read before and after to get their full meaning....................except for Rev. 20:1..........That is the Great White Throne Judgement for the unsaved. It makes my heart sink. These souls, refusing to accept God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit will be sent to the Lake of Fire.......forever, without hope of escaping. LisaLisa posted those videos of the man who spent 23 hours in hell. The Lake will be worse than hell, and I don't want to imagine as I'd have a panic attack being separated from my Jesus.

As far as the year 2012, many religions are looking at this year. It could very well be the year the Church is raptured. Scripture states that 'no man knoweth the day or the hour." However, Jesus said that you know the signs of the season's changing. Would I stake my life on that? No, because I am not God and do not know His exact plan as to date this event. But I know the signs of the times. The knowlege advancing.......it's unbelievable the tech now. You buy a computer and it's obsolete within a year. So, I'm ready to meet my Savior at any moment, and in all honesty, I CAN'T WAIT! Yes, I'll see my loved ones again, but I can't wait to see my Jesus face to face. I'm sure I'd fall at His feet, hugging his ankles, thanking Him for His selfless sacrifice for me. I just cannot wait, ya'll.

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
So, I'm ready to meet my Savior at any moment, and in all honesty, I CAN'T WAIT! Yes, I'll see my loved ones again, but I can't wait to see my Jesus face to face. I'm sure I'd fall at His feet, hugging his ankles, thanking Him for His selfless sacrifice for me. I just cannot wait, ya'll.

This part of your post just made me so darn happy, I can't even explain it! LOLOL!!!!!!!!! :):):)

Vidi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I don't really understand the game tho..........is there supposed to be a hidden message or something like that?

My friend John believes there is a message. Personally, I think its a matter of how its interpeted. There does seem to be a ..."theme" for lack of a better word.

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
My friend John believes there is a message. Personally, I think its a matter of how its interpeted. There does seem to be a ..."theme" for lack of a better word.

Hey, you never know! I didn't really see anything in the other verses, but Revelation 20:12 was interesting.......because it's judgment day! I thought that was really interesting. Thanks for sharing it. :)

Vidi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Luke 20:12 He sent still a third, and they wounded him and threw him out.

A third of the angels fell.

But who was wounded and thrown out?

Satan lost the rebellion and was thrown into Hell.

So though Luke 20:12 is actually a different context altogether, if you pair it with Acts 20:12

12The people took the young man home alive and were greatly comforted.

Who was the "young man" in end times context? Jesus Christ.

Alive!

Home? Heaven

And the people were comforted.

Like I said, it's a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread