Less vapor, harder draw - what's wrong? (M601XL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

grantemsley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2010
Ontario
I'm starting to have a problem with my week old M601XL. This is my first ecig, so I'm probably doing something wrong here, but can't figure it out.

I'm getting a lot less vapor, and a much harder draw on the ecig. It's like sucking a thick milkshake through a straw. It's started to happen on both my batteries and both atomizers.

I've tried different cartridges, blowing our the atomizers, and cleaning all the battery contacts, but it doesn't seem to help. I do have a tendency to overfill my carts, so I figured liquid might have gotten in there somewhere.

Is this normal, or are my atomizers dying, or do they just need a more thorough cleaning?

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
If you have been using thicker or darker juices, you could have a bit of a build up....puff on it to get it pretty warm, then blow it out into a tissue from the battery end. Blow it out really good. Put it back on the battery. Take a couple of puffs straight from the atty...then take a couple of kind of hard puffs...take it off and blow it out really hard again. Return it to battery, prime with 2 or 3 drops, attach your filled (not over filled) cart. You should be good to go. If this does not make it better it may need a hot water soak or a PGA soak. But this usually does it for me.

There are several great methods in this forum for cleaning attys.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread