Lemon Pastel Mints

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
Reminds me of those lemony pastel peppermint candies, light and sweet... pepperminty, with fresh lemon..cool and refreshing.

5% TFA Mint Candy
5% TFA Lemon
and I used 3% Lorann Tart and Sour, which does NOT make this tart or sour, but brings out a fresh lemon taste really well

If you like stronger or weaker flavor, just keep Mint and Lemon at equal percents. I wouldn't change the Tart/Sour very much, if at all.

Interestingly, I did not care for Mint Candy or this Lemon as standalone flavors. But together, they're really great!

Reactions: LeeLee26

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
Sounds delicious. All I need now is lemon and mint candy. =)

I wouldn't buy them just for this, unless you really really like those pastels! Neither one has been very useful to me, until this recipe. There are other lemon flavors I prefer and lots of mints I think are better - but none of them combined as well as these two. Weird how that sometimes works.

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
I love the mint candy. its like the green part of an andies mint I think. mixed up with your favorite chocolate its pretty good. lemon mint sounds interesting .

Mint Candy tastes like Andes to you? Man, you gotta try TFA's Creme de Menthe - it is a perfect match for the middle of Andes. I was vaping that plain last night to soothe my overworked taste buds. :)

kabalm18

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
USA
Mint Candy tastes like Andes to you? Man, you gotta try TFA's Creme de Menthe - it is a perfect match for the middle of Andes. I was vaping that plain last night to soothe my overworked taste buds. :)

Sweet! I have TFA creme de menthe! Do you think this would be good with some chocolate and FA cookie for a Girl Scout thin mint and/or mint chocolate chip ice cream? I haven't tried it yet.

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
Sweet! I have TFA creme de menthe! Do you think this would be good with some chocolate and FA cookie for a Girl Scout thin mint and/or mint chocolate chip ice cream? I haven't tried it yet.

+1 on the chocolate, whatever your favorite might be. Just a little chocolate for an ice cream flavor, mostly chocolate for Thin Mints (and maybe a splash of peppermint, too?). I use FA Cocoa with mint flavors, or their Chocolate for a lighter choc. To be honest, I like mints best with FW Dutch Chocolate, but I'm not using that brand any more (sob) due to lack of ingredient disclosure. Only that one made Oreos right for me.

Try without Cookie first, and if you add it, use a really light hand. Like, dip a toothpick in the flavoring and swirl it through your mix. It will overpower creme de menthe quickly. Good stuff, but powerful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread