Leaford's WOWvapor video demo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
so maybe you could just confirm that its still just a pg/vg mix without telling the ratio, and nic juice??? also the flavoring maybe comes from a different source????
i don't think that will reveal much but it might satisfy SR219's concerns.....

Ok, having taken a couple days to pour exhaustively over the ingredients lists for our WOWvapor flavors, there is nothing extra in there but the PG, VG, and flavors.

The higher quality flavorings may have allowed a slightly higher bump in the VG content. Or, since I have noticed that the more flavors we throw in the mix the lower the vapor tends to be, the more concentrated flavors may simply dilute the PG/VG base less than standard liquids.

Either way, there's nothing of concern in them; just PG, VG, and flavor, flavor, FLAVOR!!

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
Ok, having taken a couple days to pour exhaustively over the ingredients lists for our WOWvapor flavors, there is nothing extra in there but the PG, VG, and flavors.

That is good to know.

I have no idea why you couldn't / wouldn't say that earlier and instead made statements that hinted at something else? Here's the statement I'm talking about in response to people asking is it a VG/PG blend and such... "WOWvapor is something different, and we'll give you more details soon."

So the simple answer to that simple question is "Yes, its a VG/PG blend"... wow.

(yes, that was snarky)

Actually, if you guys didn't know that was the answer until AFTER pouring over the ingredients lists for a few days... its somewhat troubling that you wouldn't know whats in the stuff you're hawking.

Ok, griping about how the message was delivered aside, glad to know you've produced a good new line of VG/PG blended liquid. The results look impressive.

Adrenalynn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
Sacramento, CA, USA Area
Either way, there's nothing of concern in them; just PG, VG, and flavor, flavor, FLAVOR!!

That's what I was trying to get to, Leaf. Concentration vs Dilution. Normally you take a solution of nicotine suspended in PG, then add flavor, then add some percentage of the original solution as VG.

Another approach, which is my suspicion for how Wow is formed, is to start earlier. You create a solution of nicotine suspended in PG/VG of the same volume as your original PG, then add flavor. The flavor will be more concentrated, and you don't have the dilution of the added VG. The PG and VG are a compatible solvent, and the nicotine is fully miscible. The flavoring is less miscible in general (often being an oil or alcohol base).

So I defend my original hypothesis.

The summary is that it should be encouraging to those concerned. No magic is required in order to make this work, just technique, starting with the eventual goal stated earlier in the process...

SR219

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Indiana
Sorry, 4th power, it's a proprietary formula, and I can't say more on pain of repeated Gibb-slaps!

Not to harp on it nor am I suggesting there is anything harmful in the liquid, but all this doesn't make sense. In another post Leaford said it was not a PG VG mix.

A couple of days? It wasn't even 24 hours since a few of us asked. Plus, V4L liquid has been a PG VG mix for some time now.

It seems something else is going on, but you don't want to "let the cat out of the bag" so to speak. My hunch is, it's not PG & VG, but that other stuff. Can't remember the name of it right now. But there are so many discrepencies in things you've said. That part makes me wonder.

Adrenalynn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
Sacramento, CA, USA Area
There's a simple solution to that. If you know your chemistry - purchase it and analyze it. If you don't, purchase it and send it out to a lab. There are a tremendous number of independent labs, and even more university-associated labs, that will do the work for just a few hundred dollars.

Our very own Guanu has a DIY that destroys Leaford's video of vapor production, making something approaching twice the volume in Leaford's video, and has a flavor faaar cleaner than anything I've tried from V4L (I haven't tried any of the "Wow"), and I know absolutely that it is a PG/VG/high-quality-flavoring mix.

We don't have to look for boogiemen to get the results Leaford is showing.

Last edited:

SR219

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Indiana
Lynn, I'm not hung up on the vapor production. When I first started vaping, the liquid I used was VG (no PG at all) and vapor production was much more than the WOWliquid. My question has nothing at all to do with the vapor production.

Would I pay for a lab to analyze it? Heck no, why should I? Any manufacturer should be more than willing to let customers know what is in a product, WHEN that product is to be consumed by a human.

It's really just that simple. And for whatever reason, that topic seems to be something they (or at least Leaford) doesn't want to disclose. There were too many things said, then contradicted, for it to be just a simple PG VG mix. Their liquid was ALREADY a PG VG mix.

Adrenalynn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
Sacramento, CA, USA Area
Would I pay for a lab to analyze it? Heck no, why should I? Any manufacturer should be more than willing to let customers know what is in a product, WHEN that product is to be consumed by a human.

The VAR (V4L is not a manufacturer) did, in this case, allegedly research it. Then posted the results of their finding. You are now accusing him of being dishonest - so the burden of proof falls upon the accuser. You must now prove that he's prevaricating.

If it were "that simple", then you'd have accepted the: "ok, I went back and checked with the manufacturer, and here's what's in it."

You've set yourself up in a position where you're either making baseless accusations or you're making accusations based on verifiable evidence. If it's the latter: present the evidence. If it's the former? ...

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
I have no idea why you couldn't / wouldn't say that earlier and instead made statements that hinted at something else? Here's the statement I'm talking about in response to people asking is it a VG/PG blend and such... "WOWvapor is something different, and we'll give you more details soon."
VM, you're taking that out of context. Addy and I were discussing whether the extra vapor was a simple bump in the PG/VG ratio. I was saying it was different than that.

So the simple answer to that simple question is "Yes, its a VG/PG blend"... wow.

(yes, that was snarky)

Yes, it was. Undeservedly so.

Actually, if you guys didn't know that was the answer until AFTER pouring over the ingredients lists for a few days... its somewhat troubling that you wouldn't know whats in the stuff you're hawking.

I just wanted time to look up each ingredient and make SURE they were all just flavorings, and that nothing else was lurking in the list. I want to make SURE I give accurate info.

Ok, griping about how the message was delivered aside, glad to know you've produced a good new line of VG/PG blended liquid. The results look impressive.

I have to consider that the competition is listening to every word I say/write. So if I sound a bit cryptic at times, that's why. I'm not used to doing that, I'm used to saying whatever's on my mind. SO if it comes out clumsily that's why. ;)

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Not to harp on it nor am I suggesting there is anything harmful in the liquid, but all this doesn't make sense. In another post Leaford said it was not a PG VG mix.
No, I did not, I said that it was a proprietary formula, and I said that the vapor level was not just another increase in the VG content.

A couple of days? It wasn't even 24 hours since a few of us asked. Plus, V4L liquid has been a PG VG mix for some time now.
Eh, I'm tired, and it sure FELT like I'd been looking up those damn chemical names for a couple of days. A little unintentional hyperbole. Forgive me.

It seems something else is going on, but you don't want to "let the cat out of the bag" so to speak.
Of COURSE we don't want to let the cat out of the bag, that's what PROPRIETARY means! :lol:

My hunch is, it's not PG & VG, but that other stuff. Can't remember the name of it right now. But there are so many discrepencies in things you've said. That part makes me wonder.
You're probably thinking of PEG, which it does not contain, and which I had already made sure that it did not. I just wanted time to make sure that none of the dozens of chemical names weren't something similar.

And they aren't.

PG, VG, flavors. Wonderful flavors. That's it.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
That's what I was trying to get to, Leaf. Concentration vs Dilution. Normally you take a solution of nicotine suspended in PG, then add flavor, then add some percentage of the original solution as VG.

Another approach, which is my suspicion for how Wow is formed, is to start earlier. You create a solution of nicotine suspended in PG/VG of the same volume as your original PG, then add flavor. The flavor will be more concentrated, and you don't have the dilution of the added VG. The PG and VG are a compatible solvent, and the nicotine is fully miscible. The flavoring is less miscible in general (often being an oil or alcohol base).

So I defend my original hypothesis.

The summary is that it should be encouraging to those concerned. No magic is required in order to make this work, just technique, starting with the eventual goal stated earlier in the process...
Stated like that, it sounds like a reasonable hypothesis. Now, SHHHHHH, the walls have ears. :lol:

Truth is, I don't know HOW they achieved it, I just know what they didn't do, which is add PEG or any other solvent, or simply bump up the VG levels.

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
I have to consider that the competition is listening to every word I say/write. So if I sound a bit cryptic at times, that's why. I'm not used to doing that, I'm used to saying whatever's on my mind. SO if it comes out clumsily that's why. ;)

I can appreciate that. I'm sorry for being so snarky. I think I wasn't in a good mood when I skimmed the thread.

Adrenalynn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
Sacramento, CA, USA Area
Stated like that, it sounds like a reasonable hypothesis. Now, SHHHHHH, the walls have ears. :lol:

This is one of those "safe" kinda things. :) Anyone that has the capacity to do it certainly doesn't need me to tell them how and, conversely, anyone that doesn't won't benefit from me telling them how. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread