Lavatube + Vivi Nova = Not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlimXero

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2009
Seffner, Florida
I was going to chalk it up to bad luck and order a v.n. Atty post, but at 6.99 I'm going to look at glory capes lol. That's about the same price I can get for from zainy.

I don't know what kind of problems you've had with LT's, but mine is hardly "junk". I've dropped it many times from 4+ feet, onto tile, concrete and wood. And no issues. The plastic on the bottom of the battery spring popped off, other than that it still vapes like new. It's a V1 however, not a young June.

Can anyone verify that GloryVapes are genuine vision? They say it holds 2.8-3.0ml, but standard vivi novas hold 3.5ml.

Last edited:

rcpcdude

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2012
Milwaukee, WI
best way to find out is ask the vendor if its vision or MJT, i have both and besides for using slightly different heads they both work fine. the heads are interchangeable from one model to the other as well

on the left is genuine vision vivi head and box, on the right is MJT head and box so you should be able to tell from pictures on websites as well

vnhead.jpg vnbox.jpg

rcpcdude

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2012
Milwaukee, WI
best way to find out is ask the vendor if its vision or MJT, i have both and besides for using slightly different heads they both work fine. the heads are interchangeable from one model to the other as well

on the left of each picture is genuine vision product, on the right of each picture is MJT stuff i got from free-cigs.com so you should be able to tell from pictures on websites as well

View attachment 155217 View attachment 155218

EDIT: looked at glory vapes and its not a vision. my real vision large nova reads with 2 decimal places on the side like 2.80, 2.10 etc and the capitolization is Vivi Nova, not "ViVi" but like i said they work just as good IMHO and havent had any leaking with my cheap minis

SlimXero

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2009
Seffner, Florida
EDIT: looked at glory vapes and its not a vision. my real vision large nova reads with 2 decimal places on the side like 2.80, 2.10 etc and the capitolization is Vivi Nova, not "ViVi" but like i said they work just as good IMHO and havent had any leaking with my cheap minis

That's odd...mine say Vivi Nova, have a single decimal place, but have the flat caps on the atty heads, and do not say vision anywhere on the box. Look similiar to this except the gromets are clear, not off white and single decimal place:

Vision 3.5ml ViVi Nova Tank Clearomizer, V2

This is where i ordered, although the picture has 2 decimal places on the side:

http://www.mountolympusvapors.com/vision-vivi-nova-v3/

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
I've seen at least 3 different types for the Nova. Two of the ones I've seen (one being the Vision) seem to be identical and probably come from the same factory. The other one I saw mentioned that the heads were slightly a different size and would only work with the clone. (Whether that was true or not ... no idea).

Frankly, as long as you can use the standard heads that are widely available I wouldn't pay too much attention. They probably come from the same factory and are almost certainly have the exact same parts.

I know my mini is an official Vivi and the box had the smoke/vape printing on the back along with the official logo. My heads only go 1 decimal and have an ohm symbol. The "washer" inside the silicon cap is flat.

After looking, I do think GV's are clones. Do the official large Novas use thick wicks like the one shown there?

Last edited:

SlimXero

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2009
Seffner, Florida
i now have two different versions in my possession. The ones from madvapes say vision on the box, the other doesn't. The ones from madvapes have 2 decimal places and a weird cap to the atty, and a white ring around the coil. The threading on the top cap seems slightly longer, but it still says "Vivi Nova" not "ViVi Nova". I don't know. Honestly, i don't really care at this point.

SlimXero

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2009
Seffner, Florida
Now i'm certain they're at least not the same revision. The one i have now looks more like the Pbusardo reviewed, and i see the "flavor ring" other people have been talking about.

For anyone who was as confused as I am, here's the differences, laid out for all the world to see (in all of these pictures, the left is the authentic, the right is the questionable.)

IMG_20121129_182802.jpg

Authentic:
IMG_20121129_182812.jpg

Questionable:
IMG_20121129_182826.jpg

IMG_20121129_182853.jpg

They both appear to be the same width, height, etc. sharing a 510 connection.

IMG_20121129_183006.jpg

As you can see, the authentic one has a cap like look to it, almost like a lid to a tupperware container, whereas the questionable one is T shaped, with a tubular shape prevalent in the center.

IMG_20121129_183023.jpg

The authentic silicon sleeve is just that, just a hollow sleeve, while the questionable one is tubular with a donut shape on the end.

IMG_20121129_183100.jpg

The questionable one lacks the "flavor ring", otherwise the coil section's look fairly identical.

IMG_20121129_183138.jpg

Here you can see they share an identical connector, but the authentic atty has an off white grommet, whereas the questionable item has a translucent grommet. Also, while they both are engraved with the resistance, the text on the authentic is slightly larger.

IMG_20121129_183218.jpg

Here's where I noticed the biggest difference, and I believe was causing all of my problems. The authentic item has an approximately 1/8 inch rubber or plastic sleeve-like grommet in front of the metal positioning ring in the center pin tube, whereas the questionable one relies on a clear rubber grommet on the pin itself. Also, the pins are of slightly different diameter (as little as a dozen mils maybe? enough to notice it when held together, otherwise indistinguishable), and the metal lip is in slightly different positions on the pin itself. The hole in the bottom, a.k.a. the center pin of the 510 connection, has a larger diameter on the authentic, while smaller on the questionable (able to fit a T-5 tip almost to the hilt on the authentic, only the tip on the questionable).

When the unit is assembled, the authentic center pin has almost no movement whatsoever, and was difficult to remove from the tube assembly, whereas the questionable pops right out, and when put back in moves side to side almost with a mind of it's own.

IMG_20121129_183243.jpg

I accidentally reversed these, on the RIGHT is the authentic, LEFT is the questionable. As you can see, the drip tip did come with that little sleeve inside everyone else has found. I personally use my own drip tip, so I don't really care on this point.

IMG_20121129_183307.jpg

On the tanks themselves, the text is almost identical, other than decimal places and how much actual gradient is marked. Otherwise identical in diameter, width, material (i believe) and threading.

I hope all this helps someone. The only thing i can see on the questionable one that makes it less viable than the authentic is the center post. If you can get the questionable ones dirty cheap (glory vapes, any one?) and then buy the center posts to replace, you can still save some money, as long as your not going out of you way to do this and losing money on shipping.

Last edited:

SlimXero

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2009
Seffner, Florida
oh and top cap! I forgot, my bad.

IMG_20121129_190944.jpg

Probably not readily visible in this photo, but the grippable part of the top cap is about 15-20% larger on the authentic. Enough to be noticeable in the feel department for sure. After noticing this, it is evident the same is true for the textured area on the bottom of the tank as well.

IMG_20121129_191006.jpg

The authentic is smooth on the underside, whereas the questionable has a slight lip. Near as i can tell, the flat part of the questionable is the same depth as the authentic, so it would appear the questionable sits closer to the atty head than the authentic, hence my experience with being able to nearly eliminate liquid in the mouth/cap. The diameter of the hole on the authentic is slightly larger. No noticeable differences topside.

Last edited:

rcpcdude

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2012
Milwaukee, WI
yup dont know if you noticed this but the real one will have a little rubber grommet inside the drip tip as well. if you are getting pooling of juice in where the drip tip seats you can follow this thread to stop your gurgling. the cheap one with the rubber cap and metal tip protruding from it definitely DOES NOT have this problem that the vision does... one benefit to the inexpensive heads at least

im pretty much all but switched to carto tanks anyhow. too much fiddling with novas even though some juices the flavor pops..... however my dark juices also "pop" heads quickly so i rather use a carto for a week and toss it than screw with cleaning a slowly degrading quality head that just gives me dry hits if im not swirling it enough

/rant off sorry got off topic there lol

Last edited:

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
i now have two different versions in my possession. The ones from madvapes say vision on the box, the other doesn't. The ones from madvapes have 2 decimal places and a weird cap to the atty, and a white ring around the coil. The threading on the top cap seems slightly longer, but it still says "Vivi Nova" not "ViVi Nova". I don't know. Honestly, i don't really care at this point.

Hav'te finished reading the replies, but... The Madvapes one you lined is version 2 Vision vivi nova. The other one you linked says version 3. it may be the version 3 which is out now. Official distributors in the US listed here on the Vision site:
News Details - Vision High Technology

There may be a few not on the list.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
What's being discussed is the connector issue...so that's why he named the device and the tank.

Otherwise, the device should be largely irrelevant. Whatever PV is just applying power to the coil. Now, that said, there's a lot of VN knock-offs that seem to have issues. I've had zero issues with the VN so far, other than user issues that I would expect (not wrapping my own coil properly or SS mesh shorts while experimenting/tinkering).

Some have reported that the silicone top cap chokes the wicks and had to be trimmed a bit. Other have used 100% VG juice, had wicking issues, and blamed the VN (duh). A few have reported leaks (I've NEVER had a leak with it...go figure).

Do you have a specific question? Maybe start a thread?

SlimXero

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2009
Seffner, Florida
What's being discussed is the connector issue...so that's why he named the device and the tank.

Otherwise, the device should be largely irrelevant. Whatever PV is just applying power to the coil. Now, that said, there's a lot of VN knock-offs that seem to have issues. I've had zero issues with the VN so far, other than user issues that I would expect (not wrapping my own coil properly or SS mesh shorts while experimenting/tinkering).

Some have reported that the silicone top cap chokes the wicks and had to be trimmed a bit. Other have used 100% VG juice, had wicking issues, and blamed the VN (duh). A few have reported leaks (I've NEVER had a leak with it...go figure).

Do you have a specific question? Maybe start a thread?

Oddly enough, i haven't had leaking issues either. Now, i've had issues where the tank wants to twist off instead of the entire vn when trying to remove from my LT, and that could've been messy, but that's as close as i've gotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread