Lavatube Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

NGIB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2012
Hinesville, GA
Lots of different LT & clones out there. The Apollo is the original with a 2.5 amp limit - I have 2 of them and they work just fine. Then there was the V1.5 and on some of them there was a problem with it continually firing. Then there is the supposedly new 4.0 amp limit but I don't know if they really exist.

The Apollo VTube works and has one of the best warranties in the industry and they ship fast. To use some tanks you'll need a 510 to 510 extender and to use eGo clearos you'll need a 510 to eGo adapter. I keep the 510 to eGo adapter on mine often as even if I'm using a carto, I put a cone on it to make it look more finished...

Stevowns

Sep 16, 2011
US
Lots of different LT & clones out there. The Apollo is the original with a 2.5 amp limit - I have 2 of them and they work just fine. Then there was the V1.5 and on some of them there was a problem with it continually firing. Then there is the supposedly new 4.0 amp limit but I don't know if they really exist.

The Apollo VTube works and has one of the best warranties in the industry and they ship fast. To use some tanks you'll need a 510 to 510 extender and to use eGo clearos you'll need a 510 to eGo adapter. I keep the 510 to eGo adapter on mine often as even if I'm using a carto, I put a cone on it to make it look more finished...

What does it mean by 4 amps? How much does the provari or buzz pro II have? Does it have anything to do with the voltage and flavor of the atty/cartos?

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
The ProVari version 1 had a 2.5 amp limit, same as the original L-Rider Lavatube. ProVari version 2 has a 3.5 amp limit.

The BuzzPro has an upper limit of 15 watts. At its max voltage of 5.5 volts, that's only 2.72 amps, but, because it a switching regulator, that means bursts up to 3.13 amps, with an average of about 3.0 amps (according to Buzzkill, the BP's creator).

Those numbers remain the same with different juices or cartos.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread