"Lab" equipment in Switzerland/Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalr

Oct 7, 2013
Switzerland
Hi,

In advance, I'm really sorry if this has already been covered. I tried to search the forum without much success and Google didn't help much either.

I was wondering if any of you could point me in the direction of a "lab" equipment provider in Switzerland or Europe at large. I wanted to get myself some beakers, funnels, syringes, latex gloves, measuring cylinders, etc. as advised in Dan's Items You Might Need For DIY. RTS Vapes, while having very attractive prices, has extremely high international shipping rates (and understandably so, shipping glassware is expensive). :glare:

So I am looking for a supplier for similar products closer to home. Could anyone help me?

Thanks and have a nice day! :2cool:

Hi dalr! I don't know if this is of much help because it's been almost a year now. But I lived in Nuglar for six months in 2012 and I went threw the same issue with shipping rates and some web sites on even offering shipping or products to Swiss residents/customers. I am not sure how close you are but since was on 20-25 minutes away from Germany I got an account with a German company that offered shipping addresses for Swiss customers. Basically for a small fee, I don't remember what it was because my wife paid the bills but it was cheap enough to make it worth it, you get an address to ship things to you buy online. We had american credit cards, swiss cards, and a german account so between one of three we would find a way to pay for it. But instead of of the address reading like a PO box it read like an office suite or an apartment number. So we would order whatever we need that we couldn't get in Switzerland or find locally in Germany and have it shipped to that address. And once a week when we would go shopping or to dinner we would stop buy and pick up our mail and our packages. Use google.ch or google.de to search for a company like this or ask a friend or colleuge...one of them is bound to know the name of one close to you. They are small businesses usually, not large chains so it might be different from what mine was that was close to you. Good luck and I wish you the best getting what you need. I wish I could think of something more to help but I still smoked real ciggies then because I liked the taste of European cigarettes than American smokes. I am weird I know. Best of luck.

And most Importantly...Happy vaping :toast:

dalr

Oct 7, 2013
Switzerland
Thanks Zachery for this idea. I live in the French speaking part of Switzerland, closer to France than Germany. So not so easy to go on week-ends in Germany :) Perhaps something like this exists in France, I'll have to investigate it. Could be quite useful for pretty much anything I import! :)

Sometimes, Switzerland's utterly ridiculous restrictions makes me want to move to the US!

Yes Switzerland does have it's drawbacks...as much as I love to be home I miss Basel and Genf very much. I used to take the train down around lake Geneva on a regular basis as well as Luzurn because I had in-laws there but Base is still my "other" home. But I am getting sidetracked...I don't know where but France has to have something the same like German border towns did. A huge part of the French/German/Italian economy is making things more affordable and readily available to the Swiss :::sigh::: There's ways around everything. It was a pain, and sometimes shipping cost more than what I wanted, but I promise you if you want something there is a way to get it there because a Frenchman wants to make a living making sure you get it ;) If nothing else, and I know Easy Jet is horrible, but they are always running 99 Euro specials to London or Paris or such. My wife and her best friend used to take day or weekend trips to London with empty suitecases just to go shopping at stores that weren't "on the mainland." The UK is your best bet to get the most "American" like options..no just for Ego batteries and such, but mod parts and things because they are our English speaking neighbors so it's easier for our mono-language culture to do business with them. And you get a cheap mini-vacation out of the deal. And you have the benefit of being Swiss, which doesn't make you rich, but does make you one of the people that can afford to convert a few Rappen into Pounds. Best of luck to you and sorry I can't be of more help.

And as always...Happy Vaping :toast:

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Thanks! Well, the idea is to go 100mg/ml to avoid re-ordering every month. I think I'll order in the US then. Will have a look on eBay for the glassware.

Hmmmm. Don't know what nicotine level you vape at, but 75ml per month (from your 150ml legal to buy every two months)..... of 36mg/ml PG or VG base is a lot of nic base to vape per month if being used in recipes with flavors and/or if being diluted to a lower nicotine mg/ml level with non nic PG/VG, etc for vaping.

fadifafitto

ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2012
Germany
Didn't find 100mg in Germany,
Max you can get is 72mg VG for 20 Euros (100ml), from here:

Basis "Platin-Extra" 100 ml (72 mg Nikotin) VG - 123mySmoke

They also have nice 100ml empty Glass bottles with long droppers, 10ml as well,
and a lot of other DIY tools and stuff here:

Do it youself Liquid - 123mySmoke

I remember that the delivery of my order took about 8-9 Days,
probably the reason was summer holidays!

ah, I checked and they do deliver to the Switzerland :

Versandkosten in die Schweiz
DHL Paket: 12,95 Euro (keine Versandkostenfreie Lieferung)
(Bei Lieferung in die Schweiz können Zölle, Steuern und Gebühren anfallen.)

Last edited:

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
Totally off topic but I adore your Avatar. I want to meet that man
Hi,

In advance, I'm really sorry if this has already been covered. I tried to search the forum without much success and Google didn't help much either.

I was wondering if any of you could point me in the direction of a "lab" equipment provider in Switzerland or Europe at large. I wanted to get myself some beakers, funnels, syringes, latex gloves, measuring cylinders, etc. as advised in Dan's Items You Might Need For DIY. RTS Vapes, while having very attractive prices, has extremely high international shipping rates (and understandably so, shipping glassware is expensive). :glare:

So I am looking for a supplier for similar products closer to home. Could anyone help me?

Thanks and have a nice day! :2cool:

dalr

Oct 7, 2013
Switzerland
Hmmmm. Don't know what nicotine level you vape at, but 75ml per month (from your 150ml legal to buy every two months)..... of 36mg/ml PG or VG base is a lot of nic base to vape per month if being used in recipes with flavors and/or if being diluted to a lower nicotine mg/ml level with non nic PG/VG, etc for vaping.

The price difference between 36mg/ml and 100mg/ml is not much, but the shipping rates are so high that I prefer to freeze 100mg/ml for a few months and dilute as need be. I know the risks associated with 100mg/ml and have taken all necessary steps to ensure my safety when preparing my juices.

dalr

Oct 7, 2013
Switzerland
Didn't find 100mg in Germany,
Max you can get is 72mg VG for 20 Euros (100ml), from here:

Basis "Platin-Extra" 100 ml (72 mg Nikotin) VG - 123mySmoke

They also have nice 100ml empty Glass bottles with long droppers, 10ml as well,
and a lot of other DIY tools and stuff here:

Do it youself Liquid - 123mySmoke

I remember that the delivery of my order took about 8-9 Days,
probably the reason was summer holidays!

ah, I checked and they do deliver to the Switzerland :

Versandkosten in die Schweiz
DHL Paket: 12,95 Euro (keine Versandkostenfreie Lieferung)
(Bei Lieferung in die Schweiz können Zölle, Steuern und Gebühren anfallen.)

Thanks for the tip! I didn't know them.

Alright, so I am just catching up on news before bed, any word on how you're shipment arrived from China? I am still looking around but I am curious if it worked out or not. Having being a former American living in Switzerland I have this odd curiousness to see if other's shipping and aquiring difficulties work out. I hope it made it all right. Best of luck to you and happy vaping.

ps...id like the meet the man in your avatar as well, who wouldn't want to meet the captain?

ozy.mandias

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2012
Germany

yo han

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2008
the Dutch mountains
No nic above 72 mg as by European definition it's toxic above that level and you can't sell to the public. It's available with a with a special permit, though.
Yikes, I've been looking for rules and regulations everywhere but couldn't find any so I ordered 100mg/ml from the US. Where did you find that?

dalr

Oct 7, 2013
Switzerland
Alright, so I am just catching up on news before bed, any word on how you're shipment arrived from China? I am still looking around but I am curious if it worked out or not. Having being a former American living in Switzerland I have this odd curiousness to see if other's shipping and aquiring difficulties work out. I hope it made it all right. Best of luck to you and happy vaping.

ps...id like the meet the man in your avatar as well, who wouldn't want to meet the captain?

I have not yet received it. It hasn't even left China at the moment. Will keep you posted.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread