Krimson Mods "Custom" VV Bottom Fed Box Mod Review- Absolutely Lovin' it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pebo88

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2011
Canada
JamesW is the name of the modder on this forum and he made me a side by side 2- AA box mod
e.jpg ee.jpg eee.jpg eeee.jpg

It is bottom fed, variable volt (Evercool) and as small as possible. Its shorter than a Reo Mini and slightly wider

To start my review I will give a little history; I started vaping just over a year ago with the Kr808-D. Then the Reo Mini and a short stint with the SGT Army tank. So I have at least an intermediate experience with mods. This is however my first review.

I have been using this device for 3 weeks now and it has performed flawlessly with my 2.5ohm 306 atty at 4.7 volts. I have ordered some smoktech dual coil cartos and was told by JamesW that they will work at up to 6 Volts on this device. Here is a quote from him regarding the specs;

"Hey, happy you're still digging it. The smoketechs should go right up to 6v no issues. I have some bigger stainless steel DCs, these: http://www.madvapes.com/510-Dual-Coi...er_p_3125.html and they go up to 6v no issues because the coils individually may only be 1.4 - 1.7 ohm but because they're in parallel it does pull as much amperage.

It's a 3 amp circuit which will accept anything down to a 1.8 ohm up to 6v. It has a PWM circuit integrated into the board to help elongate battery life as well. Has polarity circuit, amperage circuits, voltage circuits and heat circuits all to protect the chip so if there's ever something that causes a short and would damage the chip, it simply shuts off to impede that from happening. I had a mod recently where there was juice fried directly on the board and after cleaning it really well it fired right back up.

James"

James really went above and beyond while making this mod on 3 seperate occasions he sent pics and/or vids with updates on how everything was going. And considering the cost was only $110 before shipping I am really astonished that he displayed that kind of customer service AAA+++!

Features:

-3ml juice botlle
-VV with display to 2 decimels
-on/off switch
-510 connection with awesomely deep well
-magnetic doors

I only need to change the batteries once a day and I vape 2ml's, but I would imagine with AW "Black Jacket batteries" you could easily get the full 3ml bottle emptied on 1 charge depending on your atty/carto setup.

Im not really sure what else to say....... JamesW is absolutely amazing at what he does and really cares about customer satisfaction. I would consider myself as a pessimist and I live by the credo that "everyone is an idiot until proven otherwise" and JamesW really has proven himself "otherwise". (Apologies if this statement offends anyone, im an idiot too, sometimes)

Please feel free to post any questions or let me know if I forgot to add anything in this review. And remember that this mod was made by request and he doesnt mass produce this particular model. He can make almost anything you want and he does everything he can to keep his wait times below 2 weeks.

My thanks to JamesW for such a pleasant mod purchase/experience

Scottinboca

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
Planet Vapton
What ohm dual coil cartos are you using?
***UPDATE***

I am now using "Smoktech" dual coil cartos at 5.7V's and this thing is perfect!!! (6.1V is the max of this unit but its just too much) I was an analog cigar smoker so this may be too much for some but I now have the vaping equivalent of a cigar! I couldnt be happier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread