Kepler heat sink a bust Cuboid never sut off due to temp am I being paranoid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcalvy1

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2010
canda
Hello,

So i purchased two Kepler heat sinks and they both suck! They do not read the atomizer correctly the ohm reading changes on them and they are a pain in the you know what. i did see different brands online like Vulcan heat sinks...Anyone have good experience with heat sinks? Is there any other way to keep your mod cool? Ive never had my cubis shut down due to heat am i being paranoid? Should i even worry about a heat sink?

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I don't use them, but slight variations in the height of the 510 connection can cause problems, with those and with some toppers. Might work fine on another mod, or not.

Most regulated mods now have "temp protection", to shut them down if the electronics get too hot. Only partly related to the temp of the box (or topper) itself. If you're chain vaping, especially at high power levels, some heat is to be expected.

Take a break, swap off now and then to another setup (you DO have backups, yes?), or explore lower power levels?

Reactions: rcalvy1

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
The Pins are Fixed length solid pieces so any variance is due to Contact at the Mod 510 or atty 510 and should not be an inefficiency of the metal of the Heat Sink.
Proper fit and use is Customer responsibility as many products have varied specifications resulting in a portion of No Go situations.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Should i even worry about a heat sink?
I use one, but I use it more as a 510-510 adapter, rather than for its heat-sink properties, because the 510 on my Magma dripper is so long that it pushes the floating positive contact on my Panzer mech mod nearly all the way out, and I'm afraid that the pin will dislodge and cause a short to the tube. The Kepler has adjustable contacts on both ends, though, so I just adjust the inner one for the Magma (nearly all the way in, since the Magma's 510 is so long), screw the bottom one all the way in, and then it screws into the Panzer with plenty of room for the floating pin to get purchase. I checked the resistance on my ohm reader and my DNA40 device with and without the heat sink, and neither one shows a difference (1.06 on the reader, 1.08 on the DNA 40, both with the heat sink and without.) I have the aluminum one, though, I suppose the stainless steel will add more resistance so it might be enough to measure, then.

rcalvy1

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2010
canda
I have a back up kbox 70w not powerful enough. Will have to invest in another one :)so then should I not worry? My cuboid has temp control on it and It's never shut off due to heat.
I don't use them, but slight variations in the height of the 510 connection can cause problems, with those and with some toppers. Might work fine on another mod, or not.

Most regulated mods now have "temp protection", to shut them down if the electronics get too hot. Only partly related to the temp of the box (or topper) itself. If you're chain vaping, especially at high power levels, some heat is to be expected.

Take a break, swap off now and then to another setup (you DO have backups, yes?), or explore lower power levels?
ve

rcalvy1

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2010
canda
The Pins are Fixed length solid pieces so any variance is due to Contact at the Mod 510 or atty 510 and should not be an inefficiency of the metal of the Heat Sink.
Proper fit and use is Customer responsibility as many products have varied specifications resulting in a portion of No Go situations.
The pins aren't fixed they are adjustable and I have pretty much tried everything !

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I have a back up kbox 70w not powerful enough. Will have to invest in another one :)so then should I not worry? My cuboid has temp control on it and It's never shut off due to heat.

ve

Sounds like you're vaping within the mod's limits, so probably fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread