Ken's Box Mods Big Brother 3.7V Fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyfive

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2010
WV
First off, I REALLY like this mod. It houses 2 14500 batteries in a AA size box. It's wired neatly inside and the epoxy was put in good enough to hold everything in place well. The door is held on by a tab at the bottom and a magnet at the top which will help decrease wear on the door and body over time and make it easier to swap your batteries out. It does look like on my mod the 510 connector was not completely placed flush so my atty and drip tip has a bit of an angle to it but it's barely noticable. It's put together very nicely considering it's made out of a plastic battery box. You cannot expect cosmetic perfection out of this mod but you can expect a mod that will have a good battery life and work extremely well. Unlike the variable volt big brother, this fixed voltage version cannot be turned off (there's no dial.) Instead of a round button in the center of the mod, Ken has put in a toggle switch on the side which is VERY sensitive but works great. Because it's so sensitive and there's no on/off switch, I would not recommend this mod to be carried in your pocket or taken anywhere where you cannot sit it down without triggering the toggle. This is fine with me because I bought this mod to keep at home for use at night when I want full 3.7 power for a long amount of time. I'm not taking it anywhere so the lack of power switch does not concern me at all. If you want power control, and long battery life, check out Ken's vari volt models, I'm sure they will work just as well.

In all, I like this mod but I would not recommend it to someone as their main pv.

I also ordered a drip tip and Ken tossed in a few extra! Bonus!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread