• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Kendo cotton not absorbing juice as it claims

Status
Not open for further replies.

trippy_K82

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2016
Need advise from vapers who is or was using kendo cotton. Is it just me or is the cotton not absorbing the juice at all. Cotton turns dry after 5th or 6th puff, i have primed the cotton 3 times prior to vaping. Apparently, the cotton doesnt want anything to do with the juice...
could it be that u're using too much cotton? i had that problem before, but using muji cotton. after i trimmed the ends a bit and thin it out was ok. can wick like crazy no more dry hits.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
could it be that u're using too much cotton? i had that problem before, but using muji cotton. after i trimmed the ends a bit and thin it out was ok. can wick like crazy no more dry hits.

^^^ I vote that as a strong possibility. Too much and the cotton chokes in the coil when it expands.

DJKrush

Jun 13, 2016
^^^ I vote that as a strong possibility. Too much and the cotton chokes in the coil when it expands.
The cotton is not absorbing enough
not too sure about this, the cotton doesnt absorbs during the priming process, when i dripped on the cotton, just rolled down the cotton without getting absorbed, the cotton is not jammed packed also.

hibiki

May 2, 2016
The cotton is not absorbing enough

not too sure about this, the cotton doesnt absorbs during the priming process, when i dripped on the cotton, just rolled down the cotton without getting absorbed, the cotton is not jammed packed also.

Hmm, just curious as I never used kendo before, but is there the 'skin' on the piece of cotton? if so, pretty sure that part is not so absorbent. could affect the wicking as well!

Reactions: trippy_K82

DJKrush

Jun 13, 2016
Hmm, just curious as I never used kendo before, but is there the 'skin' on the piece of cotton? if so, pretty sure that part is not so absorbent. could affect the wicking as well!
There doesn't seem to be skin on kendo cotton as it is not cotton pad. Its a huge lunp of cotton which you tear a piece and mold it to be used as your wick.

Pisces82

Verified Member
Sep 23, 2015
Need advise from vapers who is or was using kendo cotton. Is it just me or is the cotton not absorbing the juice at all. Cotton turns dry after 5th or 6th puff, i have primed the cotton 3 times prior to vaping. Apparently, the cotton doesnt want anything to do with the juice...
I never have problem with cottons. Organic muji or kendo. A friend of mine even use normal cotton from Watson when his muji were running out. No problem so far.

Chemical Bromance

Like a Ninja!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2016
Fantasy Island

I'm guessing that the cotton's too dense. Try thinning it out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: trippy_K82

smokyribs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2014
California
You're simply not priming it enough. Kendo cotton requires WAYYY more priming than what's written on the package.

A good practice would be:

After fluffing the ends up, using ur ejuice dripper to dab e juice all over your fluffed up cottons. Make sure that the sides, top, botttom and even the centre (the ends basically...) are slathered with e juice.

Make sure the cotton that runs into the coil are completely saturated eith e juice. This can be done by dabbing the dripper tip directly onto the cotton. Drip some on the coil.

If the whole process is done correctly, u can actually get about one and a half dropper worth of e juice onto the cotton.

Next step would be to fire up your mod and blow at the cotton/coil assembly. Fire for a good 5 seconds straight at 60% of the wattage you'll be vaping at.

After this is done, you'll notice that the cotton that's sticking out from your coils start to turn translucent. This means that the cotton inside the coil and nearest to the coil has been primed.

Drip more juice over the cotton and fire your mod for another 5 seconds while blowing at it.

Repeat this step 10 times.

Also, try to bend the fluffed up ends of the cotton so that they're above the coil as heat is what helps in priming it and in no time, the entire cotton and fluffed up ends will turn translucent.

Once this is done, set the cotton back in to cover the juice holes and spread them out nicely.

I've been using Kendo cotton for nearly half a year already and I find that it requires a bit of tlc and patience to set up in order for it to wick properly.

Hope that helps.

And no, a little too much cotton wouldn't hurt as this cotton is absorbent AF.

Chemical Bromance

Like a Ninja!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2016
Fantasy Island
Damn. So this is how you prime the cotton. I tried to prime it the same way as muji cotton. No wonder it didn't absorb. It's much much better now. Thanks for the video.

I do similar to this with Muji cotton. After I cut the strip, I treat it like a Scottish roll and pull it thin, then roll that into a fat wick. Works very nicely.

But priming the cotton... isn't this video the way to prime all cotton? I do this to Muji too; drip stroke, poke, saturate. Just that Muji seems to absorb juice really quickly so doesn't need as much prodding. How do you prime your Muji cotton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread