• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Kate Banned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
Goodnight Wiz. Sweet dreams.

Fenez I agree with you. But what is offensive to one, is humor to another. There are too many lines to be crossed and it all just turns into a jumbled mess. I think the mods are too quick to jump in sometimes. They just need to take a chill pill and let things work themselves out. Usually someone will help to set a person straight and then a lot of times the person will apologize or just leave. If we all loved each other and agreed with each other this would be a totally boring place indeed. :) I think it should take a LOT for a person to be banned. I have only heard of 1 instance in this forum since I've been here where the person, IMO, deserved to be banned. And SJ did that.

If you're referring to the instance I think you are, that wasn't just a "time out" ban - that was a permanent "outtahere!"

You have to look at this from SJ's position, though. This is his forum - his responsibility - he holds all the legal reprecussions if someone decides to go sue happy. And in today's world - "lawsuit" is a possibility everytime you get more than 2 people in a conversation....about anything.

Now, I may not agree with the mods all the time, I might question their decisions, but I don't challange them, repeatedly.....and respect the job they do.
I considered becoming a mod the last time SJ put out the word, but decided against it - because it's not an easy appointment!

OK - I' getting preachy - someone get me off this dam soapbox!

Walrus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Baton Rouge, LA
(deep breath)... OK. I'm not the one who banned Kate, but I can tell you I would have if it came to it. If you only read one thread and couldn't figure out why, maybe you would have if you'd read through the other 4 or 5 threads she started to continue .....ing about the same thing over and over again even after she'd gotten her answer, or in this case, being told the only way she'd be satisfied was to PM SmokeyJoe. She decided she'd rather continually post about moderation, which won't be tolerated any longer. She actually stated several times that she would continue until she got banned, so she got her wish. She was given a 5 day ban.

As far as my post of "Don't let the door hit you on the way out," well... I was extremely frustrated at that point. I thought better of it, and actually changed that post within minutes of originally putting it up there. Your timing was excellent, Bite.

If someone feels that they want to exclude themselves because someone else got something they deserved, why not just shut up and do it? Posting that you are doing it only serves to stir up drama, which we have enough of already. It's like standing up in a huff and saying "I"m leaving and taking my ball with me!"

Someone said that they thought we were all adults... well, I agree. And if everyone would ACT like adults, none of this would be necessary.

BiteMe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
Stanwood, WA
Thank you for coming to our humble domain and giving us the straight scoop Walrus. It's always best to get the real story from those involved, or in the know, as opposed to hearing rumors and speculation second hand. I know that I was extremely confused by the different posts that were put up after the incident. None of them gave any real information, and were really just conjecture on the part of those posting. I didn't mean to sound critical of the "Door hitting you on the way out" remark, rather I meant to convey the fact that your sense of frustration was quite obvious.

I still am not quite sure what was said, or the actual "why" of Kates' banishment, but I certainly will accept the fact that you and the other Mods were simply doing your jobs.

There is also a certain amount of frustration on our part, as friends of Kate and the fact she is a part of our social group here. Nobody likes to see their friends in a bad place, regardless of the circumstances that led up to the situation. That having been said, I'll say "Thank you" once again for stopping by and setting the record straight.

BiteMe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
Stanwood, WA
I guess being that it was Kate that was banned, being that she is so beloved around here is what causes the stir, Thanx Walrus for clearing it up and for your honesty, it does suck that she is banned though she is a great contributor around here.

The "up" side is that she'll be back in a few days.

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
(deep breath)... OK. I'm not the one who banned Kate, but I can tell you I would have if it came to it. If you only read one thread and couldn't figure out why, maybe you would have if you'd read through the other 4 or 5 threads she started to continue .....ing about the same thing over and over again even after she'd gotten her answer, or in this case, being told the only way she'd be satisfied was to PM SmokeyJoe. She decided she'd rather continually post about moderation, which won't be tolerated any longer. She actually stated several times that she would continue until she got banned, so she got her wish. She was given a 5 day ban.

As far as my post of "Don't let the door hit you on the way out," well... I was extremely frustrated at that point. I thought better of it, and actually changed that post within minutes of originally putting it up there. Your timing was excellent, Bite.

If someone feels that they want to exclude themselves because someone else got something they deserved, why not just shut up and do it? Posting that you are doing it only serves to stir up drama, which we have enough of already. It's like standing up in a huff and saying "I"m leaving and taking my ball with me!"

Someone said that they thought we were all adults... well, I agree. And if everyone would ACT like adults, none of this would be necessary.
Walrus.....Thanks for stopping by and sheding some light on the Katastrophe,and for sharing your fustration with us,being a moderator on the ECF cannot be an easy job!I think you and I are in agreement that everyone needs to act like adults on the ECF! Again thanks for sharing your thoughts!:)The Wiz!

Idahojo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Bonners Ferry, ID
Thank you for coming to our humble domain and giving us the straight scoop Walrus. It's always best to get the real story from those involved, or in the know, as opposed to hearing rumors and speculation second hand. I know that I was extremely confused by the different posts that were put up after the incident. None of them gave any real information, and were really just conjecture on the part of those posting. I didn't mean to sound critical of the "Door hitting you on the way out" remark, rather I meant to convey the fact that your sense of frustration was quite obvious.

I still am not quite sure what was said, or the actual "why" of Kates' banishment, but I certainly will accept the fact that you and the other Mods were simply doing your jobs.

There is also a certain amount of frustration on our part, as friends of Kate and the fact she is a part of our social group here. Nobody likes to see their friends in a bad place, regardless of the circumstances that led up to the situation. That having been said, I'll say "Thank you" once again for stopping by and setting the record straight.

It's hard when you don't know the whole story. We just have to accept it and move on. End of story. I've decided I'm not going to let Forum stuff get to me as much as I've allowed it to in the past. There is a new Jo in town. :) I'm here for fun and knowledge. That's it. If it gets stinky in here, color me gone. Life's too short.

Walrus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Baton Rouge, LA
Hey... I like Kate, too. But, and anyone who has been around a while and knows Kate, knows that once she latches on to an idea she's not going to let it drop. Nobody wants to ban her. She paints herself (and the Mods) into a corner. Given many opportunities to handle things differently, she doesn't. Both times now that she's gotten a ban she was practically screaming for it to be done... as though she wouldn't be happy any other way. It makes me sad. The first time she got banned, I was just another member... but I saw it coming from a mile away. This time really wasn't any different. Only the subject matter was.

Idahojo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Bonners Ferry, ID
Hey... I like Kate, too. But, and anyone who has been around a while and knows Kate, knows that once she latches on to an idea she's not going to let it drop. Nobody wants to ban her. She paints herself (and the Mods) into a corner. Given many opportunities to handle things differently, she doesn't. Both times now that she's gotten a ban she was practically screaming for it to be done... as though she wouldn't be happy any other way. It makes me sad. The first time she got banned, I was just another member... but I saw it coming from a mile away. This time really wasn't any different. Only the subject matter was.
Walrus you are absolutely right. As I was reading your post I had a lightbulb moment. I think I remember reading that Kate has a mental condition she takes meds for. Seriously. I wonder if that is what happens with her. It was in that thread about everyone's physical problems. Wrecked and Bonkers, maybe? This just might be something that happens with her and there's nothing any of us can do to help her. Hmmmm . . . She can be fine for a while and then all hell breaks loose. Something to think about.

laynies

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2009
Phoenix, Az
DAMN - I miss all the friggin fun around here. Painting walls and gardening! I have to visit more often me thinks.

I didn't even know Walrus got promoted! LOL :D Congrats Walrus!

AND he's been posting pics of himself in various places. Not only did he get promoted but we found out he's cute too!

BiteMe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
Stanwood, WA

It's hard when you don't know the whole story. We just have to accept it and move on. End of story. I've decided I'm not going to let Forum stuff get to me as much as I've allowed it to in the past. There is a new Jo in town. :) I'm here for fun and knowledge. That's it. If it gets stinky in here, color me gone. Life's too short.

DAMN - I miss all the friggin fun around here. Painting walls and gardening! I have to visit more often me thinks.

I didn't even know Walrus got promoted! LOL :D Congrats Walrus!

Welcome

Dorothy!! Glad to see you back. We've missed ya girl!
How are you?

Ya know........ there IS another place that hasn't gotten too rambunctious yet. Dusty (Rat-in-da-hat) has his own place now. It's called e-cig review (I think) and it's a lot like this place, only you can cuss there!!! (JK, JK, JK!!!!) I think Laynies has it as a link in her signature. You might be surprised who you find over there. Wink, wink, nudge nudge!! Check it out!!!

Idahojo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Bonners Ferry, ID
Strange how things work here. I am a member of at least 5 other forums and in every one of them none of the moderators can actually ban anybody. They can move threads around or lock them and that's it. Banning someone is up to the forum administrator to make the decision and actually do it.
Hi Houdini. Well that's the way it is here. Guess we'll have to get used to it or not. Our choice. :) I've never been involved in a Forum before this one so have nothing to compare it to. That is going to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread