Status
Not open for further replies.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Slightly off-topic but if any of you have some of the v2/v3 single or dual-slot higher airflow bases, for ST or STM, I'd be interested.

I wasn't aware there were 3 different versions of the STM airflow bases. If you can PM me images of the V2 and V3 showing what makes them different, I'll see what I have.

Reactions: MacTechVpr

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    Perhaps you are right that I'm mixing up the ST with the Protank (Aerotank, v3) dual-slot.

The original ST base was a somewhat ample single sided triple-hole arrangement. This takes the orig rba. For a brief time there was a dual-slot commonly available for it (directly from Kanger). It distinctively accepts the rba (I know, I'm looking at it). Sadly its availability was short-lived. The latter ST2 came with a single-slot then a dedicated dual neither of which accept the earlier RBA. Still have several ST2 DS bases which similarly provide better air dely.

The STM as I recall came with a SS single slot. It's the dual slot for these I'm most interested in. But have a good supply of the post top-fill black and stainless variety. Don't find these to be as consistent a fit or quality as the earlier SS which to me were categorically better.

I've reserved some good stock on Trinity tanks and STM DS-bases as the glass combo is about one of the best for flavor in moderately low power I've ever seen. I do small twisted-lead TMC singles's on these and use them as samplers for prospective vapers/rebuilders. Spoil 'em early is my motto.

These are my preferred test tanks for recipe development from 17-22W for their accuracy in flavor supplemented by parallels in single coil squonkers for RDA's (identical build usually).

So anybody not using want to sell or trade pls check in with me.

Best of luck all. :)

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    The Achilles Heel here are the insulators. Those I'm always looking for.

Are you referring to the red insulators under the positive post of the factory coils?

The STM as I recall came with a SS single slot. It's the dual slot for these I'm most interested in

If you're talking about airflow slots on the adjustable airflow ring, yes, the STM had 2 versions: V1 was a single slot and V2 was a dual slot. I have one single slot and the rest of my stash are dual slots.

So anybody not using want to sell or trade pls check in with me.

I'll have to take an inventory and see what, if anything, I'm willing to part with.

Sadly its availability was short-lived.

Another thing that was very short lived was the RBA for the ST Nano. Exactly the same as the RBA \for the STM, except a tad smaller to fit inside the ST Nano. I only ever bought one and by the time it arrived from FT, they went "discontinued. As far as I can tell, they were made by Kanger but Kanger never listed them on their own sites (they used to have 3 websites lol). They could have been clones, but they were 1:1 clones, just smaller. Same laser etching and kanger box.

I sheared the air intake stem that screws into the positive post but thankfully they are the same size as the regular RBA. I'd love to have a couple more. Posted an add on a few sites but all I ever got was "they never made an RBA for the ST Nano, yet I even posted a picture of it side-by-side with the STM RBA. As you can see, it says "Nano" on it and has an oh-so-slightly smaller chamber. The deck is the same size so it's very crucial to cut your coil legs flush as flush can be lol.

o8QPi9C.jpg

Last edited:

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    Never used the Nano, but interesting. I'll try and keep an eye open for RBA. Def don't have one right now.

Too many clones, of all the variants.

To be clear the red STM's are/should be sim to the OCC pin config. Those bottom pin insulators are useful. Those of you tossin em when done as don't rebuild, share with others. OCC's are very buildable offering a splendid vape. Done right frankly they're better and less persnickety than the RBA's. So you got a flock of used OCC's please don't dump. They solve the insulator and [rebuilt] solution for folks like me building for new vapers.

My suggestion is a general one for those landing on this thread. But I would be particularly interested in the mentioned items.

Like I said, I'd love to help encourage recycling and repurposing as much as possible right now. Folks need to be thinking this way, before we're any further in the ..... Just sayin'.

Good luck all again. :)

p.s. Fine detail on the cutting flush.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread