Kangertech Protank II Opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

grooveon

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Georgia
Love my Protank II, but the higher VG juices clogged it! I had to rinse and dry burn and it still didn't FULLY clear it up to how great it was hitting when I first opened it. Use 50/50 juice ONLY. That would be my recommendation. I guess I will have to change the head now and then buy more.. C'mon inventors come up with something that doesn't clog!! I would still recommend the tank though, easy to take apart and when the draw is good it is GREAT!

carcinogen

Aug 1, 2013
ohio
Got mine today for my ego-c, at first the draw was super tight with very little vapor and then I realized it was missing something... the ego thread cover which comes with the PT1 but not the PT2...? This is my only PT so for now I have to loosen the tank from the battery to get a good draw. Wish I would've noticed this before ordering. Doesn't make much sense to include it with the old version and not the new one.

Mr.J

Aug 5, 2013
Bay Area California
Had mine for about 4 days now and I love it. I like it a lot more than the first PT, and must say I do like how it's not as airy as the first one. Also the PT2 does use the same heads as the first PT, and you can interchange the bottoms of the first one as well.
Now I'm planning on picking up a new drip tip, just don't know which one I want yet because of all the options.

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
Love my Protank II, but the higher VG juices clogged it! I had to rinse and dry burn and it still didn't FULLY clear it up to how great it was hitting when I first opened it. Use 50/50 Juice ONLY. That would be my recommendation. I guess I will have to change the head now and then buy more.. C'mon inventors come up with something that doesn't clog!! I would still recommend the tank though, easy to take apart and when the draw is good it is GREAT!

Have you modified/adjusted/removed flavor wicks? Depending on how you configure them, it should be nearly impossible to clog it up even with 100% VG.

Lorrie

Jun 26, 2013
Rogers, Minnesota
After I wrote the original post I had some clogging issues too. Cleaned and burned them and they are back! I tried taking the top "flavor coil" out too, Made a small difference, but not enough to do that all the time. I'm going to try to rebuild the Kanger coils myself. Watched a couple video's about how to do it. Grimm Green's vid is best. I think you are correct about the type and VG-PG mix.

Love my Protank II, but the higher VG juices clogged it! I had to rinse and dry burn and it still didn't FULLY clear it up to how great it was hitting when I first opened it. Use 50/50 Juice ONLY. That would be my recommendation. I guess I will have to change the head now and then buy more.. C'mon inventors come up with something that doesn't clog!! I would still recommend the tank though, easy to take apart and when the draw is good it is GREAT!

Lorrie

Jun 26, 2013
Rogers, Minnesota
I would take it with you and try on a few, a couple of my tip were loose. If you order online all the Cherry Vape tips work perfect.

Had mine for about 4 days now and I love it. I like it a lot more than the first PT, and must say I do like how it's not as airy as the first one. Also the PT2 does use the same heads as the first PT, and you can interchange the bottoms of the first one as well.
Now I'm planning on picking up a new drip tip, just don't know which one I want yet because of all the options.

I've owned 6 protanks. One of them was poorly glued right out of the box. The bottom metal ring would wobble. I took it apart, cleaned it with acetone and reglued it with krazy glue glass glue which worked fine. The glue was some type of softish glue, not epoxy. This new design seems far better, following the design of high end genesis style attys with regard to the tank. I'll try one out once my local shops get stock

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
I'm a newbie vaper, bought a protank, loved it, but after 2wks of usage, the glue came off. I thought it was just cleaning juice build-up
How do I apply krazy glue, any particular kind or technique? Thank you for your help.

Mason8DF

Moved On
Aug 7, 2013
CA
  • Deleted by Dusty_D
  • Reason: Previously banned user.

jmercury1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
ny
hi all, i been using my 2 protank1s for a bout a month or 2, awesome but airy. then purchased 1 protank mini also nice tighter draw which i like. today i got my anyvape davide mini, nice and tighter draw more than the pro mini. overall i like the davide mini more now, nice driptip, but the only thing i don't like is that its hard to fill, u need to fill it with a small dropper or a syringe because the slotted holes r very small. but still my favorite at this time. i should be getting the new protank 2 tomorrow, hopefully it will be my ultimate favorite. overall i love all of them are great quality products purchased them from discountvapers, and never had any real problems or defects with them. ill post all my thoughts about my new protank 2 after i get it and test it. happy vaping everyone. great site, by the way.

BeatboxHero

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2013
utah
Love my Protank 2 but I need a nice drip tip!! Anyone recommend any sites with a big selection?!?

Look how well the Protank 2 fits on my Zmax :drool:

SigZmax.jpg

I am in love with it :wub:

BeatboxHero

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2013
utah
I just received my Protank 2 today.

So naturally I took it apart completely soon as I got it out of the box.

Now, I'm having trouble getting it back together. It seems like I unthreaded the top and bottom from the tank, but I'm not sure, (wasn't taking note of it). Now that it's apart, the tank itself doesn't seem to have any threads on it, nor do the base or top, where they contact the tank; not that I can see anyway. Press-fitting it doesn't seem to be working, (don't want to press too hard and crack the glass).

So what am I doing wrong? Sorry if the question is elementary, but these devices are brand new to me.

Tiny Instruction manual should show you how to do it. The "bottom piece" that you unscrew that made it all come apart? You will see small threads in the center of that. Those screw onto the "middle tube" that is where you break the air up from the coil. Make sense?

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands
Tiny Instruction manual should show you how to do it. The "bottom piece" that you unscrew that made it all come apart? You will see small threads in the center of that. Those screw onto the "middle tube" that is where you break the air up from the coil. Make sense?

Yeah, I figured it out right after I posted that, after I took another look at all the parts and how they fit together, and stopped obsessing on trying to thread/press one end of the tank into either the top or base on its own.

Duh.. feel kinda dumb. :oops:

Anyway, thanks for answering my question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread