Kangertech Mini ProTank 3 broke

Status
Not open for further replies.

naiser

Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
Hamilton, ON
A friend of mine has the same Kangertech Mini ProTank 3 that I do, but while he was filling his at one time, his kitten came to him and he ended up dropping it, now the bottom seal between the glass and the coil base is warped. I have tried several things to fix it, but it seems glued to the pyrex part of the tank and will not go back into the holding circle on the base. If I were to buy a new glass, would it replace the ring as well, or is there a way to fix just the ring itself?

crg31953

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Mayville, WI
When you replace the glass portion of the tank, that is pretty much all you get. No O-rings and no base.
You can purchase a new base at Kanger Tech U.S. though, I have not seen them on line anywhere else, sorry.

Repairing as you found would be difficult and the potential for leaks would increase quite a bit.

I know this hasn't helped you much, but this is my experience with them.

Good Luck

naiser

Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
Hamilton, ON
When you replace the glass portion of the tank, that is pretty much all you get. No O-rings and no base.
You can purchase a new base at Kanger Tech U.S. though, I have not seen them on line anywhere else, sorry.

Repairing as you found would be difficult and the potential for leaks would increase quite a bit.

I know this hasn't helped you much, but this is my experience with them.

Good Luck

Thank you very much for the help. I figured that for the price of a new base or even just repairing the existing one, plus shipping, it would probably be cheaper to just buy a new tank.

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
New York City
I have a few of these, so I bought a set of assorted colors of replacement glass to differentiate flavors and that glass did not come with the top seal on them. I pulled off the seal that was stuck to the original and pressed it lightly into the top part (where the mouthpiece is) and screwed the clearo back together. BTW, I made sure that the side of the seal that was pressed to the original glass would be facing toward the new glass, so maybe your friend should try flipping the seal over. They all seal fine for me and I've noticed that a few of the seals have secured themselves to the new glass.

If the seal is stretched out of shape, however, it may never seal correctly again. Your friend may have to buy another, but keep the old one for replacement parts. :)

crg31953

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Mayville, WI
Thank you very much for the help. I figured that for the price of a new base or even just repairing the existing one, plus shipping, it would probably be cheaper to just buy a new tank.

You are absolutely right my friend!

It is always best to check the prices at an abundance of online vendors. Now you can save the parts left over incase something else happens. It is always good to have spare parts!

Enjoy and Vape On!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread