Kanger Protank II Modified!

Status
Not open for further replies.

flavorjunkie

Verified Member
Oct 9, 2013
Virginia, USA
KangerTech Protank II Modification:

This is an upgrade for anyone looking to get a little more out of their Kanger Protank II. It opens up the air draw compared to the stock, restrictive draw, IMO. This allows for some more vapor production and flavor at higher watts
I've drilled out all 3 air holes on my Kanger Pro tank II to increase airflow. The stock draw was a bit too tight for my liking. I also rebuild my coil units with cotton (increased flavor and wicking), which allows me to vape at higher watts, hence the bigger air holes. However, this is unnecessary for this modification. The stock coil unit will work just fine.

NOTE: Please take safe precautions in the following modifications of your Kanger tank. I take no responsibilities for any injury that may occur.

photo (2).jpg
photo (1).jpg
photo.jpg

Tools:

- Cordless Drill (easier than corded)
- 1/16 Drill bit

Directions:

1 - Unscrew base from tank
2 - Unscrew coil unit from base
3 - Insert your drill bit into your drill and set to the lowest speed
4 - Slowly set/press your drill bit against the air hole
5 - Begin to slowly drill, increasing drill speed and pressure if needed
6 - Repeat step five (5) for the remaining two (2) air holes
7 - Rinse base under hot water to remove any metal shavings
8 – Put your tank back together, fill up with your desired juice and enjoy!

This procedure may or may not work for the Kanger Protank I & III. I can only verify my success with the Protank II. If someone else can verify, please do as it will help others modify theirs.

flavorjunkie

Verified Member
Oct 9, 2013
Virginia, USA
Thanks WarHawk-AVG!

I haven't had any issues either with my PT, but it has just come to my attention that the 510 connections are weak point on these tanks, unfortunately. As careful as I am, In the event that I drop mine, I'll just purchase another. They are pretty cheap.

The air draw on the other hand is significantly better after drilling it out. I got fatigued vaping from the stock draw after some time, so I opened it up a bit. But some people have only drilled out 2 holes rather than all three, which is a great way to test the draw to your preference.

The PT is great little tank and modifying made it that much better for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread