Kanger .. Pro Tank 2, Pro Tank 3, Unitank, Aerotank .... I am Confused!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
These choices are really confusing trying to figure out which of these Kanger Clearomizers would be the best choice.

Kanger . . Pro tank 2
Kanger . . Pro tank 3
Kanger . . Unitank
Kanger . . Aerotank

They all have 2.5ml tanks, all are 510 threaded, all about the same diameter, looks like they all have replaceable coil cartridges, and all of them basically work about the same.

Is anyone one of these any better than the other, and for what reason?

Well, I see one difference ... All of them have glass tanks except for the Unitank (plastic tank)

Need something to put on top of a Vamo V5

Thanks,
Ron

Taylork65

Jan 3, 2014
FL
Newbie here, but I'll lend what I've learned so far

Protank 2 - single coil
Protank 3 - dual coil
Aerotank - dual coil, airflow control valve
Unitank - load juice from the top of the tank

I have an aerotank and love it, air control valve is very nice.

You can however buy just the airflow control valve and put it on the protank 2 or 3 and get similar performance.

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
Thanks for the info ... I am now using a Kanger T2 and really like it. This Clearomizer has a single top mounted coil, and no adjustable air valve (simple but good)

I really wonder if having dual coils is all that necessary. Seems like it would have more of a chance of burning out since you have more than one coil burning at the same time (just a thought).

Overall, I am just wondering which of these 4 Kanger Clearomizers seem to get the best reviews from most people? ... Kind of the "shining star" of the 4 if you will :)

Last edited:

MikeS71

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Primarily your looking at either the PT2 or PT3... the Aerotank is basically a PT3 with a different base that makes it adjustable airflow.

The PT2 is single coil, it is a solid vape, can run on lower voltage than the PT3 so battery will last longer and it produces a cooler vape.

The PT3 is dual coil, IMO it produces a much better vape. It requires more voltage and produces a warmer vape due to the 2 coils but again, I like the warmer vape and I think it produces much better flavor- especially on darker juices ie Vanilla, Caramel etc.

depending on the device you use you may or may not need an aerobase... I use a Provari and there is an airflow issue with the Protanks which is solved using the AeroBase. If you are not sure its no big deal, you can buy just the base to the aerotank and put it on a PT2 or PT3, they are interchangeable.

Again, I like both, but if I had to pick one it would be the PT3

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
Another difference is that all of those are bottom coil where as your T2 is a top coil. The draw on the 2 and 3 are a little airier than the T2 and the vapor cooler because of bottom coil design. The coils are interchangeable except for the 3. I have seen where people have stated that you can use the 2's single coils in the 3 and I have also heard you cannot. I have the 2 and the 2 mini version 2. Both great tanks. Easy to recoil and rewick. I bought a 3 yesterday after being told that you can use the 2's coils in it, but I am away from home and have not been able to try it yet. I hope it's possible. I have heard both good and bad things about the uni. Mostly bad. First off, it has a plastic tank that can be eaten by some liquids, I'm sure someone will offer a metal replacement for it though. I don't think that being able to top fill ( basically filling without taking off battery) is worth the aggravation of the extra moving parts that can be finicky. Plus, I would never fill a tank while it was on my APV anyway. Wouldn't want to risk spilling any on it. Outside, the 3 is basically the same as the 2. The bottom of the inner post is simply taller to accommodate the dual coil heads. I have a lot less airflow issues with the 3 than the 2. Sometimes I have to loosen the 2 to get proper air flow. I get more flavor and a little bit more vapor out of the dual coils in the 3. As previously stated, you get just the airflow control of the aero and put it on the 2 or the 3.

Legolas

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2014
In the slower lower ... Delaware
Primarily your looking at either the PT2 or PT3... the Aerotank is basically a PT3 with a different base that makes it adjustable airflow.

The PT2 is single coil, it is a solid vape, can run on lower voltage than the PT3 so battery will last longer and it produces a cooler vape.

The PT3 is dual coil, IMO it produces a much better vape. It requires more voltage and produces a warmer vape due to the 2 coils but again, I like the warmer vape and I think it produces much better flavor- especially on darker juices ie Vanilla, Caramel etc.

depending on the device you use you may or may not need an aerobase... I use a Provari and there is an airflow issue with the Protanks which is solved using the AeroBase. If you are not sure its no big deal, you can buy just the base to the aerotank and put it on a PT2 or PT3, they are interchangeable.

Again, I like both, but if I had to pick one it would be the PT3

Woo hoo another Eagles fan:)
Aerotank

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
I have just tried the unitank. I agree that it is finicky...too many fiddly bits. Also, once you remove the top to fill it becomes gurgly until you blow it out, which sort of negates the whole reason for top filling. And, the spring inside the draw tube collects condensation which makes it sort of wheezy. Guess you may have figured out by now that I'm not a fan.

wavemux

Jan 9, 2014
Webster, NY
I just tried the new Aerotank on my Provari mini. All was fine for a day then, upon using it this evening I got an E1 code on the Provari (Coil short or lower voltage). Dis-assembled everything, cleaned and installed the spare coil that came in the kit with the tank and got the same E1 code. Anyone with this setup experience anything similar?

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
I know I've seen someone in some thread having issues similar to yours but it was a different mod but the poster was getting a short error also. The fix was simple, just don't thread the tank on too tight. No idea if that will help you or not.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

wavemux

Jan 9, 2014
Webster, NY
bsoplinger:
That did the trick! Love the Aerotank now!

Thanks!

I know I've seen someone in some thread having issues similar to yours but it was a different mod but the poster was getting a short error also. The fix was simple, just don't thread the tank on too tight. No idea if that will help you or not.

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
Just to add in my opinion to the thread. My first Kanger tank was the mini ProTank 2. Absolutely love it. I then read through a bunch of threads here and was a bit concerned about the airflow issues some folks had with the full sized PT2 and 3. Yesterday I was watching a show recorded from earlier this week and it had a quick 10 second spot for a smoke/head/vape shop, one of which was only a few blocks from my house. Wasn't too impressed with their own line of inexpensive gear (eGo type clone, charger and CE type top coil clearomizer) and juice but they also carried the full line of Kanger tanks and replacement coils. Bought an Aerotank for $25, a decent price, to support the local store along with an overpriced ($14 for 18ml bottle [which is the same size as any online vendor's 15ml bottle])

Loving the Aerotank. Really shines with dark thick liquids. Completely different flavors each time and PG/VG ratios from 90/10 to 50/50. Gone through 3 full fills and vaping the 4th now and it's still delivering vapor and flavor just like the first puff. My Vamo's never looked better ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread