Kanger Mini Protank II versus T3s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sane Asylum

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2013
Maryland, USA
I've been using Kanger T3s clearos and really like them. The other day at my local B and M I picked up a Kanger Mini Protank II and really like that as well. I like that it can be easily taken apart to clean and they both use the same atomizer but I'm not a big fan of the metal tip.

Here's my questions: I'm wondering if there is any real danger with plastic clearos and degradation if you're not using highly acidic liquids. I like plastic because I don't have to worry about breakage but if there's a question of break down of plastic, I'd switch over to all glass (I have about five T3s's of liquids I rotate throughout the day). I'm also wondering how long I should keep the T3s's. I do change the atomizers regularly. Also, do you think there's a difference in flavor between the two?

Thanks.

TCO76

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
KS
ProTank heads (also used in the EVOD) taste like a cross between fish and kerosene (the way it smells anyway). The T3s heads don't have a bad taste to me. My daughter and grandson don't taste the bad taste I do though but its truly awful for me.

The metal tip taste like sucking on a nickel to me .... I just got plastic 510 driptips and I am very happy...

Silent Scream

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Aylesbury
Tips are plastic. Its the heads. I assume wicking material?

I've never noticed it. Kind of a dry aftertaste on the EVODs but fish and kerosene never made an appearance for me. The mini protank I don't get any taste other than the flavour which is why I like them.

Maybe someone slipped an amazing new fish and kerosene flavour juice in yours when you weren't looking and you can't get rid of it?

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Seems like EVOD's at least, can weaken - or maybe it's just that eventually, I goof and overtighten? Cause I've cracked a couple. And it's not juice fogging - it's that "what's that liquid?" "oh crap, the whole tip has a crack in it".

I like and use all of them...
If you like the durability and flavor better in a PTank Mini - and it's just the metal drip tip you don't like - get a PTank Mini 2!!!
Removable driptips.

Sane Asylum

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2013
Maryland, USA
Thanks everyone for your responses. I do like the Protank II mini a lot except for the chrome drip tip but at least you can switch it out. I like the attached tips on the T3s's but can't seem to find a place that carries them. I did pick up a plastic bulb shaped one at a local b and m but I like the others better. I also think I'm going to pick up a few more of the Protank II minis.

Does anyone find that they go through a lot more liquid using the Protank II mini than the T3s?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread