Kanger EVOD authenticity

Status
Not open for further replies.

mouth

Jan 30, 2014
Cakovec, Croatia
I've got 3 types of Kanger evods, all ordered from shops where it's defined as Kangertech product and not a knockoff.
First type I got had EVOD BCC written on the tank and Kanger logo on the base.
Second type had nothing on the tank but the base had both EVOD and Kanger logo written.
Now, the third one I received, has nothing on the tank and nothing on the base. Which kind of makes me suspicious even though they claim it's original Kanger on the site.
All three were ordered at different time, during 2 months. Did Kanger redesign their evods or maybe I got a knockoff? Build wise they look identical but Kanger's qc is a bit hit and miss anyways, especially with the threading on evod bases and the air holes location (which affects the tightness of the draw on some pvs, and why mvp for instance won't fire some of those evods - solution is to replace the base).
I love evods but man, Kanger, do something about that QC.

FearTX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Outside of Austin, The Republic of Texas
The EVODs can have different log etching on them. Kanger does different stuff on them for some reason. Look closely at the base pieces. All of the Kanger Evod bases are consistent in the air hole placement. The clones are not so consistent with the airhole placement.

I am unable to do a thorough search ATM but if you use the advanced search function there is a discussion thread with some picture on fakes vs authentic. iirc, unless I am thinking of something else. I think there is a Utubes video on it as well.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
According to Kanger all fasttech "Kanger" products are fake:
electronci cigarette. ecigs, kanger protank. kanger ecigs

This actually surprised me. When you look at the page, they look like the real thing... Is it possible that Kanger is just unhappy with Fasttech's prices? Just like Innokin was?

$14.93 Authentic Unitank Bottom Coil Clearomizer (2.5mL) - can be filled from the top at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

After all, Fasttech also sells "ProTank style" clearomizers and they don't claim that those are "authentic." :D

Curiouser and curiouser....

MN_Mike

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2014
St. Cloud, Minnesota
All three Evods I have right now just have the etching on the chrome part. They all work really well. The fake vs. real thing does leave me with a question. I just started going to a local B&M shop. He sold me my iTaste VTR and the Protank I have on it. However I bought a couple wicks for the Evods I use on my vision spinner. He said they're smoketech. Was he BSing me?

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
All three Evods I have right now just have the etching on the chrome part. They all work really well. The fake vs. real thing does leave me with a question. I just started going to a local B&M shop. He sold me my iTaste VTR and the Protank I have on it. However I bought a couple wicks for the Evods I use on my vision spinner. He said they're smoketech. Was he BSing me?

Smoktech makes their own clearomizers, most notably the Aro, and I've seen reports that eVod and Aro atomizer heads are interchangeable. I can't confirm that, however; I don't own an Aro tank.

mouth

Jan 30, 2014
Cakovec, Croatia
The EVODs can have different log etching on them. Kanger does different stuff on them for some reason. Look closely at the base pieces. All of the Kanger Evod bases are consistent in the air hole placement. The clones are not so consistent with the airhole placement.

I am unable to do a thorough search ATM but if you use the advanced search function there is a discussion thread with some picture on fakes vs authentic. iirc, unless I am thinking of something else. I think there is a Utubes video on it as well.

Kanger is definitely not so consistent with air hole placement height wise. I had one that had the holes slightly higher and suffered from a lot tighter draw. And it's definitely original.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread