Kamry K100 Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeepster67

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2014
Wenatchee, WA, USA
Overall the Kamry K100/K101 is a fairly low cost mechanical mod with an ego/510 connector. It is bottom fired and has a safety lockout. It is telescopic allowing for various battery configurations. 18350, 18350+kick, 18490/18500, 18490/18500 + kick and 18650.

The kit includes the mod plus two ICR batteries(1-18350, 1-18650), charger, 7A(I think) fuse(Kamry calls it a kick), two cartomizers, cartomizer shield, drip tip and a case.

This mod is small, especially in 18350 mode, and easily portable.

Fire button is comfortable to use yet has enough spring tension to not fire when set down, even with a fairly heavy tank. The locking ring is handy but counter intuitive, I always want to turn it the wrong way.

The center pin in the connector is floating which can cause some issues. If you tighten your battery so it doesn't wiggle a lot then you end up pushing the pin all the way up so you will only be able to catch a couple threads on your atomizer. Some people have complained that the threads strip easily and I feel that this is the main reason. The Protank style coils can be easily damaged by over tightening, it shoves the center pin in potentally causing a short. Also if you install a tank then snug up your battery it still increases the pressure on the pin. I try to keep my pin in as far as possible, i push it in with an adapter with the battery loose. I then attach my tank until it just makes contact and lightly take up slack on battery until it fires reasonably. Many connectors work fine, you'll have to do some trial and error. Fortunately the fuse seems to work and isn't a one shot deal. If I could find a 510-ego adapter that the center pin didn't push in I'd just screw it in tight and never remove it. Then the T3S would fit also.

Restricts airflow on some tanks. Some skirted ego style tanks do not fit(Kanger T3S).

In the kit they give you 2 cartomizers. The ones I received had a bad chemical taste and got thrown away.

I have gone as low as .5 ohm and it fires great on the 18650(I didn't want to try the 18350 that low).

I actually use this as much or more than my VTR. At .5 ohm I'm running 30-35 watts on my igo-l with tremendous vapor production.

Overall it is definitely worth the price but certainly not perfect. If you don't mind fiddling around a little it is a great device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread