K101 Telescopic Mechanical Mod or Valkyrie Clone or other Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark_zullo

Jan 31, 2014
Plantation, FL USA
Hi all, I have been vaping for a few months now and am addicted! I started with the ego batteries but were too hard on them. Now I am using a ZMAX but am having problems with the button sticking, the volts changing on their own etc. So, now I feel I am ready to graduate to a MOD. The store closest to me has a few different options. I have watched the reviews online and would like to see what some users here would suggest. I am not trying to break the bank so they are relatively the same price. Also, I have 18650 batteries that are flat on both ends. It seems that there are only two that have the drip tip style, they are the K101 Telescopic Mechanical Mod and the Valkyrie Hybrid Mod. Below is a link to their MODs. I am trying to stay in the $65 range. Thanks for all your help, you guys have been great for a newbie like me.

VaporlifeUSA has the largest selection of Variable Voltage / Variable wattage and manual Electronic Cigarette Mods

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
It seems that there are only two that have the drip tip style, they are the K101 Telescopic Mechanical Mod and the Valkyrie Hybrid Mod.
I'm confused... the two you are looking at are not the same thing. The Valkyrie is hybrid only... the RDA on top is all there is, no 510 connector - so you can't run other atomizers.
The K101 will allow you to use any atomizer with a 510 thread... and batteries other than just a 18650.
Does a dedicated dripper, with no alternatives work for you? :confused:

DX2R

Apr 9, 2014
Jacktown FL, USA
Mark I would have to say that I have both of the mods that you listed and I have to say that I absolutely enjoy them both. I don't have much bad to say about the Kamry 101, its fits different battery sizes and the way that the button throws is flawless. I never have firing issues, the treads are super smooth and even though it's primarily used for sub ohm attys, you can use multiple bottom coil tank systems on it as well. only problem with that is that mec mods are unregulated won't be able to adjust the Volts or Watts and you will only get what the battery puts out depending on the charge. I only use rebuildables now so i can adjust what i vape without the need for VV/VW APV'S. Now on the Valkyrie clone, man when I first saw it I had to have it. its shorter than most mech mod setups with an 18650 batt in it. If I were to get a hybrid, this was gonna be the one. With that said, it does have some down falls. you never wanna drop the Battery cap. Although this hybrid has some of the finest machining, if you drop it, it will warp the lip and will never thread right again. Ive been lucky enough not to ever drop mine, but I also know that I never want to. if you choose this one, hold the battery cap and spin the battery tube to keep from dropping the cap. You won't drop the tube. Also, they eventually will have hot button issues, for me after the 1st day. You"ll have to sand the contacts with a 4000 grit sand paper so that the contacts will connect properly and wont arc, causing the hot button. After I did that I never had a hot button issue again and amongst all the trouble at first, it is still my favorite mod I ever owned. I use it every day, along with my kamry k 101 with the forge or kayfun on it, both with two separate flavors for the day, but the Valkyrie is the one that impresses people the most. The way it looks, the way it feels in the hand, the throw of the button and the way it vapes. The airflow control is amazing and has all the variables to find your desired draw sweet spot. Well I hope that wasn't too much info to help in you decision. New to the forum, 14 month vaping. Good luck with your decision.

sir_puffs_alot

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
Hillsborough, NJ, USA
hey i just ordered the valkyrie i too saw it and loving to drip i must own one. the site said it was the updated edition and had a longer contact. I think the hot button is fixed but am not sure. are you aware that its fixed or should i expect to have some problems and have to tinker still. also i was wondering if you have any volt drop issues or were they fixed when u fixed the hot button . Thanx for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread