Just saying Hi Everybody!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowdy1212

Feb 2, 2020
Hey everyone! Just joing the forum. My name is Mark and i'm from a province in Canada called Prince Edward Island. Smoked since i was probably around 18-19. I'm 44 now and i hated vaping! But this June i said to myself i have to do something. I watched my mom die from lung cancer and it was a horrible experience, so i convinced myself that vaping was the way to go. And i have done alot of dumb .... in my life, smoking being up there as probably number 1, but vaping has done wonders for me! I can't believe i actually smelled like that! I'm not going to know smokers, people can do whatever they want. But i am so glad i made the switch. Looking forward to learning some new tips and tricks and reading some reviews and what not. Anyway im getting long winded now, so again, HELLO EVERYBODY!

Reactions: dsites

Rowdy1212

Feb 2, 2020
Thanks! As a matter of fact i do have a question. I have asked it on the GeekVape part of the forum, but if you're familiar with squonking i have a question. I have a VandyVape Pulse BF and i just bought a brand new Peerless RDA. The problem i'm having is BOTH the 510 pin AND the squonk pin just continue to spin without tightening. I'm thinking it's the threads. Any ideas? I asked the girl at the vape shop why it was on for $10 and she hesitated and said "oh were not carrying that anymore". I've had issues at this shop before with a worker telling me a brand new battery was no good and then finding out that it was, well, brand new. Also every time i ask for a .6ohm coil for my RPM she gives me a .4. This was something i just noticed as it wasn't something i would think a vape shop employee would do and also my eyes aren't what they used to be. Anyway i digress. So any ideas?

FlyerTom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nor'Eastern PA
mjHJuAF.png

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hey everyone! Just joing the forum. My name is Mark and i'm from a province in Canada called Prince Edward Island. Smoked since i was probably around 18-19. I'm 44 now and i hated vaping! But this June i said to myself i have to do something. I watched my mom die from lung cancer and it was a horrible experience, so i convinced myself that vaping was the way to go. And i have done alot of dumb .... in my life, smoking being up there as probably number 1, but vaping has done wonders for me! I can't believe i actually smelled like that! I'm not going to know smokers, people can do whatever they want. But i am so glad i made the switch. Looking forward to learning some new tips and tricks and reading some reviews and what not. Anyway im getting long winded now, so again, HELLO EVERYBODY!
Welcome and glad you joined.
Glad you you see the light.

Marper

Moved On
May 20, 2019
Some badly made tanks will do exactly as you say, the moment you unscrew the pin and and try the bf pin it just spins, I'm not saying that your tank is a clone because I got a cyclone and it just disintegrated when I tried the bf, I got reimbursed, I'd recommend having a word with the shop and stating the facts, hopefully you will get sorted, and welcome

Rowdy1212

Feb 2, 2020
Some badly made tanks will do exactly as you say, the moment you unscrew the pin and and try the bf pin it just spins, I'm not saying that your tank is a clone because I got a cyclone and it just disintegrated when I tried the bf, I got reimbursed, I'd recommend having a word with the shop and stating the facts, hopefully you will get sorted, and welcome
Thanks for the reply, i think the people at the shop knew there was a problem with this tank because it was on sale for $10 canadian. I asked why so cheap and the girl said "ummm we just aren't selling them anymore" I sent an email to GeekVape with some pics. Ya never know. Maybe they will send me a new one. Doubt it, but worth a try. It definitely will be going back. I should have known it was too good to be true. Unfortunately this is the second time this shop has tried to screw me over. I live in a small town but there are two other stores. They all seem a bit shady though. Thank You again for the reply

Reactions: Marper

DLKnives

Retired Knifemaker
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 25, 2019
    Las Vegas
    Welcome Mark! I too watched my Mom die from smoking - she had throat cancer and that is not a good way to go. But that didn't make me quit, and I wound up in the hospital for 3 months in 2017 including 5 days on full life support where they told my wife I was going to die. But I went back to smoking even then! I wound up smoking for 50 years before I went to vaping full time, hope you do the same.

Rowdy1212

Feb 2, 2020
    Welcome Mark! I too watched my Mom die from smoking - she had throat cancer and that is not a good way to go. But that didn't make me quit, and I wound up in the hospital for 3 months in 2017 including 5 days on full life support where they told my wife I was going to die. But I went back to smoking even then! I wound up smoking for 50 years before I went to vaping full time, hope you do the same.
    I'm sorry to hear about your mother. I had to watch (and i'm not knocking first responder's here. I know they have a very tough job and they are not paid nearly enough) 4 of them standing around doing nothing. Until i lost my temper and MADE then hold an oxygen mask to her face and put her on the gurney and take her to the hospital. I live in Canada, and believe me, even though we have free healthcare, it's not run as well as it should be. Her doctor's office is literally 5 minutes away from the hospital and they were waiting for her lung scan to get faxed to their office. To make a long story short, it took 4 weeks because the receptionist gave the hospital the wrong fax number. I don't think 4 weeks would have saved my mom. My dad has liver cancer now, he went to his family doctor with a lump on his neck. The doctor told him it was a cyst. It ended up being a tumor and he has cancer in his clavical, a bone in his back, and a tumor on his liver. It is terminal. I live in the smallest province in Canada and it is a ....show. Hospital's close for 3, 4, 5 days due to doctor shortages. Oh and now a newly elected politician (crook) has tabled a bill to ban vaping. Regardless if it goes through i will find a way. I think when they see the black market they will have created, and people start to die, they will change their tune.

• Agree
    Reactions: DLKnives
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread