Just ordered this Riva, what do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
even though i dont really know what the cartos do (cause it comes with the blank tanks which im so used to), i enjoy the fact that the lanyard and the carrying case come with it!

On way to look at what a cartomizer is is a tank'ish type with filler material. You may find that you enjoy them more as they tend to produce better flavor and vapor. They hold anywhere from .9 to 5mls depending on they type you buy.

As for the Riva, nice kit you bought. In my personal opinion, you picked a good one. I was always extremely happy with the ones I've owned.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
That's a really nice kit. You're going to notice a big improvement from a mini-cig. Dual coils may or may not be better than single coils. It's really kind of subjective. Personally, I'm not a big fan, but they're o.k. IMO, they really don't hit their stride until about 4 volts or so. With a lower voltage PV like a Riva, I'd recommend a 1.5 to 2.5ohm single coil cartomizer.

With a Dual coil, what you really have is two coils that run twice as cool as the same coil in a single coil carto of the same resistance. IOW, a 1.5ohm dual coil is really two 3ohm coils. Each of those 3ohm coils gives 1/2 the power and runs half as hot, as a single 1.5ohm coil. So, to get the same power, you'd need 2X the voltage, and you can't do that on a Riva or other single voltage PV. It's like taking two Rivas, taping them together, sticking a 3ohm carto on each one, and vaping them at the same time.

OTOH, if that dual coil carto is a 1.25ohm, it might be pretty good. It would be like vaping with two 2.5ohm cartos. You'll probably find the ideal resistance for a single coil carto or atty is 2 or 2.5ohms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread