Not open for further replies.

rocks82

Supplier Associate
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2009
Columbus
www.altsmoke.com
It's really hard to give a firm answer to the question of what the "best" battery would be. They all have their advantages and drawbacks.

Here are the pros and cons of the batteries we carry,

Ultrafire 18650 XSL:
Pros:
Low-priced, hold up fairly well, and last a long time between charges.
Cons:
These are not high drain, the hit does drop off as the battery discharges.

AW 18650 3100 mAh:
These batteries are renowned for a very high quality build.
Pros:
Lots of mAh (longer lasting), very high quality, high drain/discharge so they do deliver a consistent hit.
Cons:
Price (though, even with the higher price, I don't think I've ever heard someone say they regret getting them)

AW IMR 1600 mAh:
Pros:
High Drain/Discharge so they deliver a consistent hit, more cost-effective than the 3100
Cons:
Lasts about half as long as the 3100 mAh battery.

Ultimately, it's tough to answer the question of which is "best" because it really depends a lot on what you need out of a battery and how much you want to actually spend. Hopefully, this list can help you make a decision more easily. :)

Last edited:

halopunker

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
New Philadelphia, OH
We actually should have the RCR123a's up on the website on Monday, although we still don't recommend them. We wanted to make sure that customers were purchasing the correct ones rather than purchasing CR123A Non Rechargeable ones else where.

We will also be adding the new 18650 2000mAh IMR Batteries, should arrive on Monday as well :)

-Rob

Duekster

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
We actually should have the RCR123a's up on the website on Monday, although we still don't recommend them. We wanted to make sure that customers were purchasing the correct ones rather than purchasing CR123A Non Rechargeable ones else where.

We will also be adding the new 18650 2000mAh IMR Batteries, should arrive on Monday as well :)

-Rob

They work well but a tad too hot. I strongly recommend people charge them and pull them off and let them sit for an hour.
Also need a well primed Carto, I get almost no flavor off an atty.

Strongly considering stepping down to 3.7 V with LR Carto rather than run 6.v and 3 ohms but would love to land somewhere in the middle.

halopunker

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
New Philadelphia, OH
They work well but a tad too hot. I strongly recommend people charge them and pull them off and let them sit for an hour.
Also need a well primed Carto, I get almost no flavor off an atty.

Strongly considering stepping down to 3.7 V with LR Carto rather than run 6.v and 3 ohms but would love to land somewhere in the middle.

Everyone has different preferences in their personal vaping needs. I've been vaping @ 6v with a standard atomizer for what seems like forever. Although I do swap out the RCR123A's for either a LR 306/LR 510/Dual Coil Tank depending on what I'm doing at the moment.

I may recommend the AW 18650 Protected 3100 mAh Rechargeable Lithium Battery with a 510 Low Resistance Atomizer for great performance and the battery life of the AW 3100mAh.

I'm not a cartomizer fan myself, love atomizers but to each their own with that regard :)

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
Not authorized use but I use my with the 3v RCR123a (LiFeSO4 safe chemistry) X 2 for 6 volts but that is very hot even with 3 ohm carto's.

+1 on this. I don't find this to be "hot" at all, but a vaping coworker nearly coughs up a lung every time he hits my Bullet at 6 volts with these batts.....to each his own I guess...

Duekster

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
+1 on this. I don't find this to be "hot" at all, but a vaping coworker nearly coughs up a lung every time he hits my Bullet at 6 volts with these batts.....to each his own I guess...
I have found that if I let the batteries rest, then it is not too hot.

I also find however my vape flavor starts to really kick in when the Carto is cold and the batteries have a few hours of use on them. This leads me to believe I would get better flavor around 4.8 to 5.2 volts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread