Just got my RN4081 from TW, a few queries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 5, 2010
West Sussex UK
i just got it yesterday, and i've been practicing using it with the pre-supplied carts. and i have a few questions

the prefilled carts don't seem very good, they don't seem to hold the liquid very well, and it's very messy, thankfully i have only used the 0 and 11mg nic cart's so far, for practicing, but the 0nic cart the cart filler was really loose in the inner cart and juice was everywhere as soon as i took out the stopper, i ended up with sticky fingers and juice all over the cart.
and the 0nic tastes like smoke machine smoke, i figure this is the PG right? if i used VG would the taste be different?

the 11mg cart was better, there was more filler that seemed to hold the liquid better, but when i used it the filler kept getting caught on my atty, and i kept having to detatch it and stuff it back into the inner-cart

when i first started using it, it was impossible to drag on it without coving up the side inlets, the battery wasn't engaging. this problem has seemed to go away now though.

also i was getting a spluttering/gurgling sound when i drag.

the instruction manual is really rubbish bad chinese translation, and not very detailed.

fixed i have worked out so far is
to take out the inner cart right away, wipe the outside of it and the inside of the outer-cart, poke at the filler so it doesnt stick up from the edge of the inner cart, and so it looks more solid and better distributed.

doing this has stopped the gurgline and the filler attaching to the atty, but are these measures reccomended, or are there any better ways to stop this happening.

also, is there anywhere to get better quality carts that are compatible with the 4081? or are all carts more or less the same, in regards to quality of the filler etc.

bobnot_

Moved On
Mar 3, 2010
Hi avatar those kits from tw are an absolute bargain at the moment arent they i love the RN4081 the atomiser is the best around in my opinion as far as the carts go i have to admit i gave up on using them after a day or 2 as i found they were too much messing about and i just poke out the white inner cart with a paperclip and bin it!

the gurgling noise is from the atty getting a bit flooded and juice getting in behind the coil.
i just tend to drip 2-3 drops straight into the atomiser then vape away until the vapour starts to drop off usually around 10 good drags.

there were a couple of suppliers that started selling double size RN4081 carts and i think some users found them a little better but you would have to search this forum for who sells them ive no idea.

you just have to keep playing around with the carts or dripping whichever way you decide to do it until you find a way to make it work for you they are a great little ecig once you get them vaping right.

in the end i bought myself a 901 mk1 screwdriver and an 901 to RN4081 adapter then you get the best of both worlds a battery that lasts all day and the best atty going.

edit: just re-read your post and as far as your battery sometimes not firing (im glad it seems to have gone away) that can happen if you manage to get a bit of juice leak through into the little hole in the battery if you give the little hole in the battery a good blow that seems to sort it out.

all the carts will be pg but if you decide to get vg juice yes it does taste different its kind of sweeter imo and vg produces more vapour but the throat hit is less.

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2010
West Sussex UK
thanks for the info bob, i was beginning to think the 4081 forum was dead.

the 4081 kits are a total bargain, at £14 i couldn't go wrong! i don't think i've seen a cheaper starter kit anywhere.

as a light smoker i think the 4081 batt is good enough for my needs. but i was thinkong about getting a 510 manual and a adaptor, to see if manual use is for me, i hear it's better to have a manual batt if you drip.

i've got a bunch of dripping and mixing accessories on their was from liberty flights, so i might just do what you do and drip on it.

bobnot_

Moved On
Mar 3, 2010
thanks for the info bob, i was beginning to think the 4081 forum was dead.

the 4081 kits are a total bargain, at £14 i couldn't go wrong! i don't think i've seen a cheaper starter kit anywhere.

as a light smoker i think the 4081 batt is good enough for my needs. but i was thinkong about getting a 510 manual and a adaptor, to see if manual use is for me, i hear it's better to have a manual batt if you drip.

i've got a bunch of dripping and mixing accessories on their was from liberty flights, so i might just do what you do and drip on it.
yes manual batterys is definitely the way to go if you plan on dripping it kills the autos every time eventually no matter how careful you are you can get manual RN4081 batterys from lalaboutique but the adapters are a good way to go they give you loads of options i have loads of kit now batterys of all kinds but i only ever use the RN4081 atty it really is the best atomiser going the reason it doesnt get the rep it deserves is because of the rip off smoking everywhere company that sell it for £100+ so that puts a lot of people off even trying it.
its ecigs hidden gem i rarely have one last me less than a month.

liberty flights are great for juice no doubt you will be happy with their stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread