Just got back from one of my local shops

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarleysChains

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2013
Maryland
I went to one of my local B& M's today to get a new battery, some juice, and some vivi nova coil heads. I also needed a new pass through charger which they were out of. The owner said they would get some more in by the end of the month, but said if they didn't she would break one out of a the combo pack that they sell. This alone I thought was great customer service, but it was something else that left me speechless in a good way.

A potential new customer came in and I over heard him say that he is an ex smoker who hasn't smoked in about a year. He asked if it would be a good idea to start vaping even though he hasn't smoked in a while. An employee advised him that if he was doing fine and not feeling like he needed to go back to smoking that it probably would not be a good idea. Now, this employee could have tried to persuade him to start vaping to make a sale, but he didn't. He actually educated the potential customer about what ecigs are and suggested that since he successfully quit smoking that he may want to rethink about starting to vape. I impressed that he didn't just try to convince the guy to start vaping so he could make a sale.

MarleysChains

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2013
Maryland
Excellent, sounds as if you do have a really good vendor who isn't in it just for the money.

It was my first experience in any retail setting that someone really wasn't just in it for the money. It was great to see that there are those in this industry who really do care about the health of others

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
It was my first experience in any retail setting that someone really wasn't just in it for the money. It was great to see that there are those in this industry who really do care about the health of others
A lot of the vendors out there get in the business because they care, and hope they can make a reasonable living.
And there are certainly vendors out there that get in the business FOR THE MONEY only.

It is easy for a seasoned vaper to tell the difference.
But not so easy for the newbies.

MarleysChains

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2013
Maryland
A lot of the vendors out there get in the business because they care, and hope they can make a reasonable living.
And there are certainly vendors out there that get in the business FOR THE MONEY only.

It is easy for a seasoned vaper to tell the difference.
But not so easy for the newbies.

As a newb, I have heard about how there are vendors who genuinely do care about the health of others. If that last post came across like I thought this was the exception, I apologize, that was not my intention. I know there are a lot of vendors who do care, but had not seen an example of this in person prior to this experience. It felt good to know that I was supporting one of those vendors who do care.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
As a newb, I have heard about how there are vendors who genuinely do care about the health of others. If that last post came across like I thought this was the exception, I apologize, that was not my intention. I know there are a lot of vendors who do care, but had not seen an example of this in person prior to this experience. It felt good to know that I was supporting one of those vendors who do care.

You didn't come across that way at all IMHO. Thank you for sharing your good experience. It is always good to hear these kind of stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread