Just got a mini, but.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphanumeric

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2011
Orange County
So i just got my mini from apollo. I thought itd be all black but it has their logo on it =\
tube.jpg

Anyway, Ive seen a regular lavatube and thought it was quite large so i ordered the mini.

I havent gone through a full use, but im beginning to wonder if i should have gotten the full size.

Im mainly using it at home/ in car. Even the mini isnt that small to take with me and put in my pocket.

On average, how long does the 18350 last you guys?

Im really thinking of just returning this and pre-ordering the new SS big version since the new coupon for 20% is out anyway.

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
If you're gonna do it, do it FAST, stainless is a limited run and they're going like craaazy. Plus, price has gone up 2wice already, more planned...but now there's the 20% coupon, so it all shakes out to about the same. There's also a chrome... not sure what the difference is or why anyone would order chrome over steel since we've been told they look identical, but the stainless is solid steel, and the chrome is chrome plated copper. I ran right over to apollo and talked to them about an actual shiny copper, since that would be amazing, age beautifully, and have a bit of a steampunk flair. Apparently, even though they're already fabricating the chrome out of copper, the possibility that copper would be great by itself didn't occur to them. So if you're a copper lover, like me, cross fingers! Apollo guys is talking to the LT factory owner guy.

BTW, I don't have a mini lava... got the stainless in reg and its still backordered. But I do have a Tox, which comes with bodies and batts for both 18500 and 18350 sizes... you can switch at will. Plus 18650 tubes are on the way for an extra $10, so you'd have all 3 sizes in one mod. Plus gorgeous oled screen.... my tox in mini mode lasts me about 3.5-4 hours as well, but I'm a super heavy vaper.

And seriously, Apollo! We don't mind branding, but enough is enough! Choose either 'Apollo' or 'Vtube' or put them both on smaller back to back. That's way too much branding, and in too many directions and font styles. That's just bad graphic design, imo. Would look WAAAAY better if it just had one "apollo vtube' in same font going around the bottom rim in a whole circle. MUCH better. BTW, I believe the stainless or chrome models have only one 'apollo' down the length of the mod...its a little cleaner look if that branding bothers you. Plus doesn't look quite so stark, since its white against chrome or steel, not white on black. Just thought I'd throw that out there in case it was an issue for your decision making process. lol

Last edited:

carlton

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2010
Albuquerque
If it has a 510 threaded connection, you can use it.

If it has an ego skirt or a different threading, you'll need an adapter. There's a thread in here somewhere where people posted different tanks they were using. But any tank with a 510 carto in it should work.

Hope that helps some.

I'm a noobie so here come a noob question. Can you drip with these things? Can you also use some kind of big atty or tank or large cartomizer . What options do I have to keep from having to refil?

Gimpy1261

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Ga. Down Under
If it has a 510 threaded connection, you can use it.

If it has an ego skirt or a different threading, you'll need an adapter. There's a thread in here somewhere where people posted different tanks they were using. But any tank with a 510 carto in it should work.

Hope that helps some.

Thanks Carlton

I have the atty's from having been using ego stuff. I have several of them but maybe when I get the Vtube I ordered I can tell if they are the same ohm. I don't have a meter but I bet radio shack will sell me one.
Thanks for the reply. I bet that Lady on the Appolo site will sell me all kinds of stuff to go with it if I let her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread