Just getting started/First Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMcgee

Feb 17, 2013
Naptown
Hello All,

So about two weeks ago I made the Jump and purchased a starter Ego set with a CE4 clearomizer and some Hangsen menthol juice. I haven't completely given up the analogs yet; however I'm down from over a pack a day, to only a couple. Since then I've made a couple of orders from online stores, and have found a local Baltimore area vendor the Vapors Knoll. Now my hardware collection also includes a small dct tank, and a couple of smok dct cartomizers. Recently I received my first juice order from MtBaker and have tried out their Mt.Dew, Menthol, and Butter Pecan flavors.

There are a couple of things I would primarily like to do in the near future, which include getting another battery(its a pain to have to carry around the Usb charger all the time), and getting a drip atomizer so that I can try out some flavors at the local store. I was just going to grab another Ego battery, something like a twist with VV, But now I see that the wide world of mods and Apv's is just a small price step beyond. So I would like to ask for some assistance/recommendations in picking a nice Apv which would provide a good balance between features and affordability. Although I do have the skill to build myself a DIY mod, my free time is currently very limited.

Thanks,
Mr.Mgee

MrMcgee

Feb 17, 2013
Naptown
having a second ego battery would be a good thing as well can never have to few back ups. the vamo is building quite a good rep and most people i talk to like lavatube. if u wanna spend money though most will tell u go provari

Thanks for the quick reply. Eventually I would love to have a bunch of different batteries, but my budget wont allow that for now. My logic is that if I buy an Ego twist or such for 20-30 bucks, that is money which could have gone towards getting me something better. My local shop sells the Vamo as a kit with batteries and a charger for ~80 dollars, and after seeing it in person all I can say is wow that thing is HUGE. I will say the Vamo seems to have all of the features that I would want, are there any other mods in that price range with similar features that I should be aware of?

Steaming EMT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2013
New Jersey
Hi Mrmcgee and congrats on a few butts a day!!! I have 2 ego’s upgraded batteries and an ego twist, they last me at least 16hrs of continues heavy vaping, the twist is a good unit to start at least for me and this is also my 3rd week of vaping with no analogs I have total of 3 egos and I charge 1 every day so i always have a battery available fully charge!

Judge Dredd

Reviewer / Blogger
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2012
Hi MrMcgee and welcome to ECF!

I must say I have to agree with your logic. I see any (relatively) expensive device in vaping as an investment in myself and prolonging my healthy life. Therefore, I, myself, had no problems purchasing a few APVs. Whatever you choose, if it works for you and keeps you off cigarettes (or at least a reduced amount), it's the best device out there. And remember, a device is only as good as what you attach to it, and what you fill that attachment up with. :)

Best of luck,

JD

dirquist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2009
Kent, Wa
From my looking around for a bit and watching lots of reviews over the years I would say currently that the Vamo is the most feature packed/best value out there right now. I know you can pick one up online (Tube Only) for $50 plus shipping.

Just go watch folks like Pbusardo or Grimm Green on youtube. They are a rich source for beginner to middle level gear. You dont have to agree with them, or even like watching them, but the fact is they review a lot of this gear and run down the features pretty well.

StevesCVO

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2013
Clown School
Go search the APV section in the forum and read up on what's out there. Just don't go over budget if you can't afford it. I have an eVic and still use my eGo twists when I go out because they are easier to carry. It won't be long before you'll have saved enough money from not smoking that you can afford a nice mod.

MrMcgee

Feb 17, 2013
Naptown
Thanks all for the warm welcome!

From my looking around for a bit and watching lots of reviews over the years I would say currently that the Vamo is the most feature packed/best value out there right now. I know you can pick one up online (Tube Only) for $50 plus shipping.

Just go watch folks like Pbusardo or Grimm Green on youtube. They are a rich source for beginner to middle level gear. You dont have to agree with them, or even like watching them, but the fact is they review a lot of this gear and run down the features pretty well.

I have been watching some of the youtube review channels, they are a wealth of info. There just seems to be so much gear out there its hard to filter it all. And as has been pointed out so much of the experience seems to be subjective.

I think that Ive now made my mind up that I would like an VV/Vw Apv for my next battery. No one warned me how much vaping would overlap with my gadget addiction, I can see how this could get expensive quickly.

MrMcgee

Feb 17, 2013
Naptown
Just got back from the local Rite Aid, bought myself a 6 oz bottle of VG for 5 bucks. Im using it to cut an extra minty super strength menthol 80/20 18mg 2:1, so im guessing it should work out to be about 50/50 12mg? So far it tastes much better, and I haven't keeled over, never would have figured that otherwise. I have 50 ml of that menthol that otherwise wasn't probably getting used. Thanks ECF!!

dirquist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2009
Kent, Wa
Just got back from the local Rite Aid, bought myself a 6 oz bottle of VG for 5 bucks. Im using it to cut an extra minty super strength menthol 80/20 18mg 2:1, so im guessing it should work out to be about 50/50 12mg? So far it tastes much better, and I haven't keeled over, never would have figured that otherwise. I have 50 ml of that menthol that otherwise wasn't probably getting used. Thanks ECF!!

I just saw Grimm Green did a vid on the Vamo today. It was pretty funny I thought. You should check it out either way. Glad you found a way to salvage your juice. If you go over to the DIY juice section someone has made calculators to figure out what everything comes to for you. Pretty cool, except I have not ventured into juice making/cutting yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread