• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Just another newbie, go easy on me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random2k

Aug 13, 2012
Canada
Hi,

Long time lurker of this site. I have been VERY interested in Personal Vaporizers/Electronic cigarettes since 2008. Back then I decided it was too expensive of a toy considering I have only ever touched a real analog cigs/cigars a few drunken nights in my life.(didn't really inhale lol just to be cool when out clubbing...)

Now i am a few years older and tried out a nicorette inhaler/gum and recently i got to try a disposable unit from a local corner store. Now i am 50$ in the hole buying these useless disposables lol. (wondering why i dont smoke? i hate the smell and the fact my dad was a pack a day smoker till 47. I dont want to end up like him. Coughs every morning and the yellowish teeth/darker nails/ heart conditon made him stop etc.)

I have figured out which E-juice/Oil i want to buy. The stuff off of Crave Gourmet eJuice and for nicotine stuff Jug has cravee based organics.

I have read a ton of material on which unit to get. Knowing i want to use Jugs Organics what would the best unit be?

I read The Vapers hand book

"What kind of atomizer/cartomizer/clearomizer/fluxomizer/tank should I get?
A3: The best things the market has to offer now are the Rebuildable Stardust (EGO Vision Clearomizer) and it's big sister the Vision Vivi Nova"

That sounds good....

Now im woundering what is a good starter kit to get? I dont care if it looks like a cig. I just want a good starter kit? the guide says EGO twist, but i just want to know what you guys think?

help point me into the right setup. I thought the juice would be the hard part lol. Finding canadian nicotine/organic nic free was so easy.

Last edited:

Bdbodger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
North Vancouver BC Canada
If you want a clearomizer type of atomizer/cartomizer I suggest some of the newer ones that are coming out that have the changeable heads . Ego C is one but there are others out or coming out that maybe less expensive for the changeable heads . I myself am not impressed by the ego C twist battery . Too much heat and possible wrong form factor but it works as claimed so it would be up to you to decide . I also like the Tankomizers with the micro dot punched cartomizers in a removable tank .

hot899

Verified Member
Jun 11, 2012
perth ontario canada
A couple of 650mah Twists would be a ideal starter kit. They are small enough you can toss one in your pocket when your out and about and the VV is ideal for dialing in your different juices. Add a couple of bridgeless atties for dripping and taste testing and a couple of Stardust clearomizers for regular vaping.

:toast:cheers!

Rick

chagrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Toronto, Canada
You bought the inhaler and nicotine gum without smoking beforehand ? Maaan .. you crazy. :p That stuff tastes like inhaling menthol chalk out of a sponge and .. the gum, yuck.

I hope you don't take offense, but personally I wouldn't start a vaping habit if you didn't smoke, especially with nicotine. I could see buying a cheap cigarette sized kit and vaping nicotine free sugary stuff - at least pick the lowest nic content, but I digress. /end lecture

As for kits, they're basically bad .. BUT you might not mind them to start.

For cigarette sized, this is supposed to be good and it's on sale; Canadian E-cigarette Redds

For the ego (cigar sized) kits, there's this;
Joyetech eGo C 650mah but most people think the ego tank and C tank are bad.

There is no real "kit" per se for what you're talking about, but the advice you've gotten is good. You just need to buy a couple of Ego Twists, stardusts or vivi's (I'd suggest the 2 ml), an ego charger and case if you want one. All of that stuff will be about $80 shipped from canvape.com.

Last edited:

18SixFifty

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Michigan
Honestly, do yourself a favor and simply don't smoke. If you are not addicted to nicotine why on God's green Earth would you want to pick up the habit? It's not cool, it's not healthy and it's not free. E-cigs may be healthier than cigs, but they are not healthier than air and they are not free.

Do yourself a favor and just stay away form nicotine.

Random2k

Aug 13, 2012
Canada
Honestly, do yourself a favor and simply don't smoke. If you are not addicted to nicotine why on God's green Earth would you want to pick up the habit? It's not cool, it's not healthy and it's not free. E-cigs may be healthier than cigs, but they are not healthier than air and they are not free.

Do yourself a favor and just stay away form nicotine.

I don't plan on using the nicotine stuff much. Occasional drunk night where I use to have the gum/inhaler. This will be far better. Mainly I want it to be sorta like hooka, for the flavour/social. I tried hooka once but I don't like smoke / dirty lungs. Enjoy the social aspect/flavour. Now when I go out I can help my friends switch. Let them borrow with some of the organic nicotine juice. When I'm at hooka with friends I can just use my vaporizer. Or when with my many smoking co workers/friends I can go hang and do something also. Been the one person who dosent smoke for years.

But yeah, I don't have to get a kit. I like the look of the ecab and that reeds unit. Looks like the disposables I tried. What is the best small unit out there ?

CDNClouds

Verified Member
Jul 20, 2012
Kitchener, Ont
I did a ton of research before buying and settled on a 1000mAh Twist and 650mAh V.V. LED, both rock stardusts and I LOVE my setups and how they vape. Talked the wife into letting me get a ViVi Nova, just hope it's here before the weekend lol.

Twists are amazing (in my limited opinion), if your looking for something smaller there is a mini eGo, eGo batteries without the V.V. Are abit smaller then the Twists if size is an issue. If your not a heavy smoker then a 510 starter kit might be something to look at, multiple batteries and cartomizers to get you going. eGo, K-Go, Riva are bigger batteries then the 510 without variable voltage experience.

Battlelance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Hi,
Back then I decided it was too expensive of a toy considering I have only ever touched a real analog cigs/cigars a few drunken nights in my life.(didn't really inhale lol just to be cool when out clubbing...)

Seriously?

:facepalm:

I'm sorry, but that is something I'd expect out of my 15 year old nephew, not someone of legal smoking age.

Do yourself a favour and just don't smoke or start using a PV. You'll thank us in the long run with all the money you'll save and for not being addicted to something.

Last edited:

fourtytwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
I'm with everyone else here. If you don't smoke, don't start. It was the worst choice I have ever made in my life.
If you really want to vape, go with a 0 nic juice. Many of the vendors can custom mix that for you.
If you want to have any of your friends try your pv, tell them you have 18mg juice in it. They are not likely to know the difference from a few pulls. They will be able to see the vaper and taste the flavour.

A couple of 650mah Twists would be a ideal starter kit. They are small enough you can toss one in your pocket when your out and about and the VV is ideal for dialing in your different juices. Add a couple of bridgeless atties for dripping and taste testing and a couple of Stardust clearomizers for regular vaping.

:toast:cheers!

Rick

This is EXACTLY what I did except I have a 900mah twist and a 650mah twist. The 650 lasts me over a day so a pair of those was probably enough. I have bridgless atty and stardusts and I like both. I like how with dripping you can drip 4-5 drops and it lasts about as long as a smoke and I used dripping for taste testing my Jughead juices. This set up is reasonable for a beginner like myself and my friend who also started with me likes his set up WAY more than the e-cigs he had a couple years ago.

Smile n' shine

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2012
Canada
Hi,

(didn't really inhale lol just to be cool when out clubbing...)

help point me into the right setup.

Ok I'll go easy on you, but if I was your Mom, I'd take my shoe off and knock some sense into you. I say this with love. :)

The best set up for you is to head to the grocery store, go to the 'baking' aisle and buy some cinnamon sticks.
They are cool and a conversation piece at a club or hanging with other smokers. I can't condone offering anything
further to someone who looks at smoking as cool and social.

I think you are REALLY cool for NOT smoking! I wish I could be like you with prettier lungs. :)

Please rethink your situation, I wish you luck.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
A part of me definitely agrees: This is not a habit to pick up, and just about all of us started vaping because we've tried to quit smoking and nothing else worked except E-cigarettes. For us, E-cigarettes have been our salvation from being a slave to the tobacco that was slowly destroying our health. Without these, we'd still be smoking.

That said though, if you are set on trying it out, go with a 0-nicotine juice. Don't get addicted. There's really no point.

recidivus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2012
Canada
www.youtube.com
No, I try to be a nice guy, but this is something I just can't go easy on you with.

I'm really quite curious about one thing. It's not the wanting to use e-cigs, I can get that some people may have the fidgets and having something in their hand helps, some may like the flavours the way people get tobacco-less hookah (yes, it exists and is very good). That's fine, makes sense, they can go nic- and everything is dandy. What is really baking my noodle is why you are purposefully going out of your way to get nicotine. You say you've tried the gums and inhalers, but you aren't a smoker. Those products are very specifically designed to help smokers stop smoking, not for non-smokers to use as a drug. I just can't wrap my head around why someone would purposefully try to get addicted to nicotine; it's not a fun addiction to have. I don't want to be "that guy" but in this case I feel e-cigs may be a gateway drug leading to cigarettes if you go with nic+ software.

As far as I can tell 99.9% of the people here are vaping to be free from an addiction, not to create a new one.

That said, as most everyone here said, get 0 nic. Avoid the nicotine all together. Don't even consider it.

And stop using NRTs, they have warning labels for a reason.

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
Was trying to stay outta this one but if nicotine is "supposedly" about as bad for a body as caffeine, are we not in effect saying one shouldn't ever have a cup of coffee if one isn't yet hooked on it?

Correct me if I'm wrong on this but the occasional vape with nic. is no worse than having the odd cup of coffee(non- decaf)!

Perhaps my logic on this is flawed, but perhaps not too.

Anyone out there know any "occasional" smokers? I do. Always wondered "why" myself, but some folks seem to be able to turn it on and off at will. Perhaps the OP is like one of these people that have self control and like to kick back and take the edge off on occasion.

NOTHING at all wrong with that now is there?

Maybe us Nannies could get a law passed or something to help protect non-smokers that enjoy the effects of nicotine on occasion as most of us do with a cup of coffee.:vapor::vapor:

Haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread