Just a question about battery wraps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giraffa

Feb 28, 2016
hey guys! First I just wanted to say how great it feels to be part of this forum. Always full of great useful information that helped me through my journey to quit smoking.

Now, on to the question. My battery is basically peeling and I wanted to do the wrap myself. I have PLENTY of wire heat shrink wrap instead of the pvc heat shrink and was wondering if it was possible to use that maybe? Might be a dumb question, but hey, doesn't hurt to ask :)

GccTxs67

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Virginia
I'm not certain, but I'm sure someone will be along shortly to clear it up, I just wanted to say I buy my wraps from IMR, 1.00 for a pack of ten if you want to pick some up.

Also, I have noticed all the employees in my local vape shops have some on hand all the time...if they don't sell them.

Wraps - IMRbatteries.com

I would say I'd stop using that battery until it's re-wrapped.

Reactions: Giraffa

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Hi @Giraffa and welcome to the forum. The main issue I can see is the thickness of the wrap. Not all mods or chargers can fit much more than a simple wrapped battery. Personally I wouldn't try it. You can order wraps from www.Fasttech.com, 50 for $2. www.liionwholesale.com (pennsylvania) also sells them cheap.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I have tried it several times. I haven't ever found a piece of wire heat shrink thin enough to allow the rewrapped battery to go into a mod. They make battery wraps, though. Fat Daddy Vapes sells them in different colors and I wrap them in colors to mark the married pairs. This photo is of the married triples for my RX200s:
20160223_182324[1].jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread