Just a couple newbie questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

pup2675

May 4, 2014
Pittsburgh
I have been smoke free for almost two weeks and have been vaping since I quit the analogs. After a little research I purchased a Halo Triton and have been pretty happy with it. Im having a hard time finding juice that I really like. So far have almost exclusively been vaping Tribeca 12mg made by Halo. I have ordered other flavors from different companies but nothing so far seems to have a flavor that I can really enjoy. So far I have tried a few from Halo, Killer Juice banana milkshake and shamrock shake. Any suggestions on where I can buy good, strong tasting juice?

Also, although I have been very happy with Halo, is the Triton considered to be a decent starter? Just curious because I read alot of the posts on the forum and it never seems to be mentioned.

Thank you
Jeff

WelfareKid215

Verified Member
Dec 23, 2013
Sharon Hill, PA.
Firstly welcome to the forum. I'm particular about what I vape also and was lucky enough to find a brick and mortar near me. I bought a bottle of Extreme Ice and fell in love! Every flavor is not for everyone as we all have a different taste palette. You're gonna hafta sample some and find out what you like. I'd recommend lookin at Bionic Vapor as the owner is a regular here and he has a nice sample package on his website for a great price. I just ordered some today as well. And just an FYI, since you're new to vaping, don't be surprised when you look back six months from now and you have like 5 different mods and 10 different tanks!!! The Triton is a nice tank. Have fun with it bu also explore other options. You'll see the Kayfun mentioned quite a bit. I own one so my opinion would be biased as I'm vaping on it right now!

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
The Triton is only sold by Halo so there's a limited market. It's a decent starter e-cig and if you're happy with it, all the better. I agree with novamatt, Nicoticket has some good juices. I like Creme Brulee and Custard's Last Stand. I'm finding that I tend to like juices from smaller vendors better. I'm really liking Mushroom Vapes juices. All the flavors I've tried so far, I've gone back and ordered again. Mr. Vape has some strong juices. If you like banana, they have a Chocolate Banana Shake that is almost too strong for me. It's pretty tasty.

CABBA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2013
Canada
Halo triton is a good starter kit. If that's what you like then keep rockin' it. There are other options out there. It really just depends in how deep you feel you need to go. For one a simple ego-twist battery will allow you to use tanks like the protank mini, protank *** or any other 510 atomizer. The main reason why I think the halo triton system is some what limiting is because it's not ego-510.
Do bigger setups which cost more produce a better vape. Probably. Is it worth it? That's up to you. I say watch a bunch of videos, see what's out there, set a budget and go for it.
With regards to a good e-juice, that's like asking a forum full of artists what their favorite color is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MalkinMania71

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
PA
Make sure you don't eliminate flavors that you vape straight from the mailbox. Steeping for some is the key and it really makes a huge difference. Someone mentioned Bionic Vapor. I found those definitely needed to steep what he recommends on his website. I have found a couple that are good straight from mailbox, so I use those until the others have a few days to sit.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Mt. Baker Vapor has some lesser-expensive juices. I ordered some just over a month ago. No flavor shots for any of my flavors, and I went 50/50 on all my flavors (except my freebie which was Cake @ 80p/20v)

Some were lovely right off the bat (Butterscotch, for one) Some took a little time to develop (Butter Toffee and Maple Pecan) One just never has quite cut the mustard (Hazelnut). I still keep checking back, hoping for some sort of development. I have found, even with the juices from my local B&M, that some do need to sit for a bit to come together (my local B&M "Maple Nut Bestie" was a little icky from the start, but about 3-4 weeks of "ignoring" it, has become one of my favored flavors.

I smoked menthols, but I don't care for tobacco-flavored juices - too grassy for me. But that's MY taste.

+1 on what CABBA says, if it's working for you, then it's the right thing.

Keep the cards and letters coming, and don't forget to tip your servers :D

Glenn_K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Toronto
Greetings, welcome to the forum, and congrats on quitting smoking.

Noticed any health improvement yet? Took about two weeks for me, then I noticed a big improvement in my breathing.

-- Glenn

I have been smoke free for almost two weeks and have been vaping since I quit the analogs. After a little research I purchased a Halo Triton and have been pretty happy with it. Im having a hard time finding juice that I really like. So far have almost exclusively been vaping Tribeca 12mg made by Halo. I have ordered other flavors from different companies but nothing so far seems to have a flavor that I can really enjoy. So far I have tried a few from Halo, Killer Juice banana milkshake and shamrock shake. Any suggestions on where I can buy good, strong tasting juice?

Also, although I have been very happy with Halo, is the Triton considered to be a decent starter? Just curious because I read alot of the posts on the forum and it never seems to be mentioned.

Thank you
Jeff

juzdoit

Moved On
May 15, 2014
sinagpore
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered supplier

Kanstul1600

Verified Member
Mar 21, 2014
Great Lakes, IL, USA
Nicoticket has been my favorite of the many juices I've tried. Betelgeuse is the bomb.

I agree, Nicoticket has my wallet. I've tried: Joyetech, Provape, Killer Juice, "the juice company that shall not be named on this forum", and Ms Ts Bakery. Each company has a flavor that I've enjoyed, but I haven't had a bad flavor from Nico yet.

antony73

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2014
China
Good to read you're vaping and not smoking. That is good news indeed.

I tend to differ from some others here in that I don't particularly enjoy cigarette flavors. Neither do I enjoy sweetish flavors. I tend to enjoy fruits/mint and menthol. As there is no burning when vaping as there is with tobacco, e-liquid can't IMO, really match the flavor of a real cigarette.

The second reason is, (although way off topic), that I am against having any connection between smoking and vaping. I even dislike the term, 'e-cigarette.' I vape using a vaper. To me, they are worlds apart. One is boring, uncreative and damaging to ones health and the other is, well, just everything smoking isn't. I truly enjoy getting all my kit together at the end of the week and giving it a good clean. I can't say the same about cleaning an ash tray out at the end of the week. The only connection is the nicotine. But I like to think of my intake of nicotine the same way I enjoy caffeine in my coffee.

Back to topic, I have heard that others vaping mint/menthol or mixing them with lighter flavors has been a better vaping start for them.

Whatever you decide, good luck and I do hope you find you perfect liquid asap :toast:

MalkinMania71

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
PA
Thank you everyone for the great responses. I definitely will put it to use by ordering some juice samplers from some of the mentioned sites.

What does it mean to let them steep?

Steeping is just letting something sit on a shelf for a while to let it mix and meld together. There are a lot of different ways to do it, such as opening daily and shaking it. The Vapor Chef has an article that was simple for me to understand. He recommends 3-4 weeks but I find that a week or 2 works wonders for most juices, even the juices I bought from there. Hope this helps.

Steeping 101, by vaporrater, a comprehensive guide. – Vapor Chef

Last edited:

realsis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
California
Hi and congratulations on not smoking! What I do is make my own e juice and it's working out fabulous! I save tons of money and can make it exactly the way I like it. Taste is such a personal thing and if your not happy with what your getting you might consider making it yourself. It's easier than you think and start up cost is not bad. I've been making mine now for almost a month and will never go back. If I get a particular craving for something I just whip it up and use it! It's so convenient and a lot of fun too. You might consider it. Not only will you save money, you will be able to make it exactly the way you like it personally. You can start up with quite a few flavors and all your supplies for about 70 or 80 dollars for the supplies. This includes pg vg large bottles, flavors, nicotine, mixing syringes, empty bottles, and droppers. You ought to take a look at the DIY forum if you might be interested. It's a lot of fun and pretty easy. Of course practice makes perfect but it's very much worth doing. We figured it out and the cost is around .50 cents a bottle compared to buying it for 12 dollars a bottle! I just thought I might mention it incase you might be interested. You can make your custom flavors just the way you like it then. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread