Juice Review - Butterfly Bait

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrasH

Moved On
Jul 25, 2012
Writing this one after using it for a few weeks...

Where do I start? With all the people around me starting to crave pancakes for some unknown reason? Maybe the hummingbirds not leaving for the winter and instead following me around the yard? I don't know honestly, all I can say is it is soooooooooooo good. The aroma smells like home cooked breakfast, minus the bacon. Imagine a warm kitchen on a cold winters day and you wake up to the smell of food in the kitchen, waffles, pancakes, butter, syrup, love. If you can imagine that, you have the smell of this as you vape it and we have not even gotten to the taste yet.

The taste is, well, complex to say the least. Yes it is sweet, but not in an overpowering way. During the draw you get a sweet taste, honeysuckle, light but still sweet. Once you go for your inhale after drawing it into your mouth, it is more of a light maple syrup feeling. I would swear on the exhale you get a little butter along with the heavier maple taste. Again nothing overpowering, but you know for a fact you are vaping something meant to have a sweetness to it. You will not be able to keep from licking your lips ever few exhales.

yeah, I kind of like the stuff....

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Frank's ford, in the Caintuck
I like it better fresh, when it's fresh--and I like it better steeped after it's steeped. Though I think the fresh thing is more the novelty of it since I generally get 60ml at a time and so unsteeped BB is relatively rare here.

If you have the atty/carto for it, you may want to try it once a day. The taste changes every day, at least for most people, and experiencing the journey to finished flavour can be fascinating. At least once, anyway ;)

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
I have been dripping it and have two tanks of various size sitting and steeping on their own. I am going to have to get a nice big bottle of it and let it steep for a few months. Mine is much darker than the new bottle as well.

I generally get about 60ml a month, and it always surprises me how much lighter the new bottle is than the "current stock."

Lately I've been getting about 30ml a month of the BRM and it doesn't darken up nearly as much in that time frame. The flavour doesn't seem to change as much, either...

Morfeeus

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2011
Blue Springs, MO
....about 30ml a month of the BRM and it doesn't darken up nearly as much in that time frame. The flavour doesn't seem to change as much, either...

I agree. It does change slightly but not like BB does. To me, BRM is real "peachy" when it's fresh and as it steeps I start to notice a Strawberry flavor to it.

KrasH

Moved On
Jul 25, 2012
Current setup for vaping my BB

current-vape_11-7-2012_zpsdaf12af9.jpg

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Peach is one of the more common flavours people taste when it's fresh off the line. Mango is second, I think. To me it's mainly just "unidentifiably fruity," but that goes away compleatly. For me. Some people say it just subsides to a very faint undertone.

I think I just cannot replicate a flavour. Butterfly Bait is based on a suggestion of mine (from the very first contest Mom and Pop held here on ECF) and it seems to taste different to everyone. Calipitter Chow is my recipe, developed tested and finalized before I even sent a sample to Mom and Pop to see what they thought of it, and it definitely tastes different to everyone. Luckily most people seem to like them, but it makes it really hard to answer the question "what does it taste like?" :laugh:

Detail Man

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2013
Indiana USA
Peach is one of the more common flavours people taste when it's fresh off the line. Mango is second, I think. To me it's mainly just "unidentifiably fruity," but that goes away compleatly. For me. Some people say it just subsides to a very faint undertone.

I think I just cannot replicate a flavour. Butterfly Bait is based on a suggestion of mine (from the very first contest Mom and Pop held here on ECF) and it seems to taste different to everyone. Calipitter Chow is my recipe, developed tested and finalized before I even sent a sample to Mom and Pop to see what they thought of it, and it definitely tastes different to everyone. Luckily most people seem to like them, but it makes it really hard to answer the question "what does it taste like?" :laugh:
Yes, peach and that baked batter taste similar to Calipitter Chow after its first noticeable change. I think I may have vaped my 10ml of CC before it had a chance to completely steep. Didn't you post somewhere that Butterfly Bait continues to steep and change for about 30 days? And what's the ballpark steep time of a 30ml of Callipiter Chow?

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Yes, peach and that baked batter taste similar to Calipitter Chow after its first noticeable change. I think I may have vaped my 10ml of CC before it had a chance to completely steep. Didn't you post somewhere that Butterfly Bait continues to steep and change for about 30 days? And what's the ballpark steep time of a 30ml of Callipiter Chow?

No, I didn't write that. Someone may have, but Butterfly Bait seems to finish within seven days to my taste buds. I think Calipitter Chow may be a bit more variable, but I know the hot bath method decreases the steep time on it to about 24 hours--but I've never tried that it Butterfly Bait. Totally different components, so the "power steep" method may or may not work with BB...

EDIT: I believe a couple of the tobacco aficionados may have stated that the Haze or Praze takes 30 days to fully mature, but I don't do tobacco flavours so I'm not 100% sure about that...

Last edited:
WOW. That's what I have to say.

Just got some BB in the mail today and just tried it for the first time literally 1 min ago. Initial inhale I get a sweet, almost tobacco/ry4 flavored taste, but as soon as I exhale, I'm left with an even more delicious fruity taste.

I'm wondering if that sweet taste will fade slightly as it steeps.

Either way, this is good stuff :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread