• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Juice Box Issues And Fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.

miss MiA

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2009
Chicago, IL
As the help line appears free atm lol, might I ask the following (did previously but in a stoopid location re chances of being seen). I don't have mine yet (possible it's arrived sans ship notice but dk since I'm not in town), and don't mean to jump the gun on assuming I'll encounter the below issue or anything, but I'm about to place an online order at a store where I could easily toss some of this in too and there's a big selection. And if my speculation here is correct, the stuff could be useful in general to have on hand. (Have I piqued your interest yet?? Well HANG ON for a wild ride folks, at looong last, here we go! ;))

Regarding issues with leakage for which some have mentioned using epoxy, I was wondering if silicone sealant might work well enough for that instead? Because if I'm guessing correctly, not only would it be easier to remove in case of application screw-ups, but it might come in handy for other vaping-related stuff too, just like the carto 'condoms' do. Ppl find endless uses for those. Re the JB again, maybe silicone sealant could even be formed into a cushion around the button, for those who get sore fingers from it? Battery adapters etc. also have silicone parts that I'm wondering if could be touched up as needed with it. And all un- or re-doable if needed, I'm (again) guessing.

If that does make sense, is it important to pick a version that specifically mentions high heat resistance, and uses aside from just aquariums (i.e. 'automotive'), or should any of them called 'silicone sealant' already be heat resistant and otherwise dandy enough?

I have no actual idea what I'm talking about here so thought I'd ask the experts! :D

Bonus Q if I may be so bold: what are the potential ramification/s of having such internal moisture (from leakage, or accumulated condensation, or whatever the actual or various causes are) anyway?

val

Dec 19, 2009
TX
This might be obvious to others but :oops:

I want to know the Correct level inside the hose, when bottle is screwed in.

I noticed that with out the bottle and what looks like a drop on the bottom I have incredible taste and vapor.

Once I screw the bottle with liquid both decrease.
I seen his video of sending the juice down to un-flood, but mine is not flooded is just not as good. :p

Feature or op-error?
TIA
val

ejoker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
This might be obvious to others but :oops:

I want to know the Correct level inside the hose, when bottle is screwed in.

I noticed that with out the bottle and what looks like a drop on the bottom I have incredible taste and vapor.

Once I screw the bottle with liquid both decrease.
I seen his video of sending the juice down to un-flood, but mine is not flooded is just not as good. :p

Feature or op-error?
TIA
val
since i didn't design it (nor do i know much about anything) i can't say what the correct level of the tube is. i can tell you that the tubes on both of mine seat to the outside 'corner' of the bottom of the bottle. i would think as long as the end of the tube is below the liquid level it would work the same, since the liquid will still get displaced by air.

without a bottle i get too much air flow and not a good draw. with the bottle i get tremendous flavor, th and vapor. what you're describing, less flavor and vapor, is typically due to flooding.

val

Dec 19, 2009
TX
... i can tell you that the tubes on both of mine seat to the outside 'corner' of the bottom of the bottle
My tube also sits at the front corner :)
.... the liquid will still get displaced by air.
I guess this is where the modders sell and I buy :confused:
...what you're describing, less flavor and vapor, is typically due to flooding.
I see liquid in the tube up to where it desapears into the cap and that means is flooded? :p
So back to my original question should there be any liquid in the tube above the bottle's own level?
How about juice in the threads of the cap that are visible before the white epoxy?
TIA

Big Hit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2009
Inver Grove Heights MN
I was getting a minuscule amount of vapor and a non-existent throat hit.
I sent my JB back to Carlos.
Carlos stated that my JB had a bad electrical connection.
He fixed it and sent it back to me.
I also bought a JB from the classifieds on this forum.

Both JB's hit like a freight train.
I'm going to sell one of my JBs.
You should hear a loud sizzling from the atomizer if It is working properly.

wezzie

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
New Orleans, La
Thanks for in tips with the sticking button. My problem was with the hole that was drilled in the plastic case for the button. The hole was not an even circle and the button was/is angled to the right. I took a sharp knife tip and reamed the hole. The hole is larger and no more sticking.

Note for others, the button stuck several times when I wasn't paying attention to it (focused on other things). The burning smell alerted me....YIKS!

I am still in the "breaking in" stage...but enjoying it as long as I use low nic levels.

umjim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2009
Charleston S.C.
I see liquid in the tube up to where it desapears into the cap and that means is flooded? :p
So back to my original question should there be any liquid in the tube above the bottle's own level?
How about juice in the threads of the cap that are visible before the white epoxy?
TIA

When you push on your bottle to send juice to the atty., and then let go, it creates a vacuum within the bottle.That pulls air down the tube,leaving the level in the tube lower than in the bottle.That is what I'm seeing on mine and I would consider that normal.If the tube's juice stays higher than in the bottle,there is a problem somewhere.I would try to contact Carlos.

Last edited:

Ralph T

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
drawing would actually gurgle the juice in the bottle like crazy. not the atty gurgling, but the bottle.

Hmmm. Absurd, yet flaccid. :confused:

Is the little hole (air intake) on the side of the atty perhaps covered up by the clear plastic tubing? That would prevent air from coming in that way and maybe it's coming thru the bottle instead, sucking up all the juice before it gets to air???

What happens if you blow into the atty while pressing the button? What should happen is a lot of vapor out that little hole.

Last edited:

rbonie

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
Jackson,Ms (da DEEP Sout!)
I was getting a minuscule amount of vapor and a non-existent throat hit.
I sent my JB back to Carlos.
Carlos stated that my JB had a bad electrical connection.
He fixed it and sent it back to me.
I also bought a JB from the classifieds on this forum.

Both JB's hit like a freight train.
I'm going to sell one of my JBs.
You should hear a loud sizzling from the atomizer if It is working properly.

what do you want for your spare JB?

umjim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2009
Charleston S.C.
Hmmm. Absurd, yet flaccid. :confused:

Is the little hole (air intake) on the side of the atty perhaps covered up by the clear plastic tubing? That would prevent air from coming in that way and maybe it's coming thru the bottle instead, sucking up all the juice before it gets to air???

Great point,Ralph

Last edited:

beingbekah

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2010
N Georgia
Speaking of the hose,it is standard Vinyl hose that most hardware stores would have. It is 3/8" ID X 1/2" OD.I've already replaced mine.I cut my new one a little longer so I could slide it onto the atty farther.I notched it out where the little hole is.
LOL, thanks. I was just coming on to pose the very question you just answered. :w00t:

miss MiA

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2009
Chicago, IL
LOL, thanks. I was just coming on to pose the very question you just answered. :w00t:

Boy, I'm jealous. :cry: :mad: ;) I guess my own dual purpose question/possibly-brilliant-suggestion below; posed twice now actually, most recently gracing post box #22; must be prit near at the rocket scientist level or something:

o come on this can't be that hard or maybe you just don't care anymore whine whine whine said:
Regarding issues with leakage for which some have mentioned using epoxy, I was wondering if silicone sealant might work well enough for that instead? Because if I'm guessing correctly, not only would it be easier to remove in case of application screw-ups, but it might come in handy for other vaping-related stuff too, just like the carto 'condoms' do. Ppl find endless uses for those. Re the JB again, maybe silicone sealant could even be formed into a cushion around the button, for those who get sore fingers from it? Battery adapters etc. also have silicone parts that I'm wondering if could be touched up as needed with it. And all un- or re-doable if needed, I'm (again) guessing.

Also, just curious -- what's the range of possible ramifications of having considerable moisture (i.e. leakage, accumulated condensation, whatever) inside the box? Just mess/hassle or higher priority than that? FYI, just askin on all of the above, don't yet know if I'll encounter any of this. Wanna do some all-purpose preemptive shopping now tho.

...and here I thought the JB forum was chock full o' smartypants!!!! :D :p

umjim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2009
Charleston S.C.
Boy, I'm jealous. :cry: :mad: ;) I guess my own dual purpose question/possibly-brilliant-suggestion below; posed twice now actually, most recently gracing post box #22; must be prit near at the rocket scientist level or something:

...and here I thought the JB forum was chock full o' smartypants!!!! :D :p

Ok,I'll take a swing at your Qs.Silicon seal is great stuff and comes in many heat ranges.The higher temp. stuff would be fine for patching the leak,IF IT WILL STICK. I don't think it will work at all unless you can clean the area really well.Alcohol MAY work.If not, paint thinner MAY work.I don't know because I've not tried it myself.As far as touching up a formed battery adapter seal,forget that.As far as the button question,you don't need to do anything as the button is extremely easy to push and hold(At least mine is) If the button is hard to push, it is probably rubbing on the case and needs trimmed around it. My box frequently has a little juice in it and I would expect some as the atty. air intake hole is inside the box.I may have a small leak somewhere but I'm reluctant to disturb the insides of my box unless I have a strong reason to. I don't know if the above was any help or not but it's all I've got.:)

miss MiA

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2009
Chicago, IL
Thanks umjim, I'm sure this has allowed many readers to finally let their breath back out! :p Yeah, guess I'll take it off my list for now, and not so magic after all. The adapter I was wondering about using the silicone on (only if I'd ended up with it on hand anyway!) is a 510 to 808; happened to notice that its barbell-shaped sliding center post has never had the simple silicone circle/ring around the 'handle' (middle) of the barbell like it's supposed to. But, yyyyeah, I suppose it's within my budget to just spring for another! :D

Those with issues of bad taste
Your Running Low on Fluid Lightly Juice Your Baby Up....
He Does NOT Use any Primer... It is VG that he uses Your Just running low on juice.

Too Airy or getting juice in mouth from sucking to hard
Take some filler & fill up the mouth piece It will create a little more restriction & Make it a tighter Draw... * Will also Help prevent Juice in Mouth for those with issues*
Also Sucking too hard is not Comfortable. :p

For those that Are having issues with there atty. Or using there CJB Please

I am a happy Customer & A Patient Customer.
Don't Feel Your forgotten As you are not.
You will get yours & I am Positive of that.
I will abide by the rules & not post the conversation's Carlos & I had.
But Will answer what I can.

When I try out more things I will try to post more tips if I find issues others are having Or I am having.
I am one to try and duplicate a issue. & Try to find a way to resolve it properly
If Carlos's Or another user suggest A Tip I will try it.

We are trying the filler idea & seems to help. & Also thinking of other way's to do so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread