Joyetech will no longer produce eGo-products?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Health

Oct 4, 2012
Sweden
Note: This is PURE speculations from myself and I don't have any proof nor do I try to damage joyetech as a company. I own a eGo-T and a eGo-C myself and think in general they are good products.

This story is maybe even old for you guys.

First, please read this article.

Janty, effective immediately, revokes the subcontractor agreement with Forever sourcing Inc/Joyetech

For what I can understand reading: joyetech have always been the official manufacturer of the famous eGo-products. But due lack in quality, as well as their business ethic, Janty (the ORIGINAL inventor of eGo) no longer will be requiring the services of joyetech.

One interesting thing is that, this article was posted by Janty in beginning of May 2012.

About one month later (June 19,2012) - Joyetech announces their new product: eCab
See if for yourself here: Joyetech electronic cigarette Tank System Changeable System eGo-C eGo-T 510-T e-Liquid

My first thought is: Joyetech is making a own device (the eCab is not compatible with the 510 connector) and soon are going to abandon the 510-series. They are no longer allowed to make more 510-products. I'm thinking, at the moment, the 510-series from Joyetech is running out. We won't see another upgrade of the ego-C to be sold by Joyetech.

Jantys reason for this decision? Well, we all know the eGo-series have always been suffering with major leak-problems..

I need to know: Is there any truth behind Jantys article? Note that it is posted on their (Janty) own site..

Last edited:

meli.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2012
Private Suite GroenDakkies
Hi Health and Welcome to ECF:)

As JoyEtech is probably one of the most successful if not The most successful ecig manufacturer out there, I doubt they would alienate all the customers by not offering an adapter for their newest designs.
With little investigation there really isn't any need for panic.
See here:
Joyetech Joye eCab Adaptor

Health

Oct 4, 2012
Sweden
Hi Health and Welcome to ECF:)

As JoyEtech is probably one of the most successful if not The most successful ecig manufacturer out there, I doubt they would alienate all the customers by not offering an adapter for their newest designs.
With little investigation there really isn't any need for panic.
See here:
Joyetech Joye eCab Adaptor

Thanks!

I am full aware about that Joyetech is a very successful ecig manufacturer.
I also know about the Joye eCab Adaptor.
I am not having a panic attack.

Let's just sort this out:

Janty = Original inventor of the eGo-series
Joyetech = Official manufacturer of the eGo-series

Can anyone confirm this?

googolite

Unregistered Supplier
Sep 6, 2012
HK
www.ecigaretteretail.com
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

meli.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2012
My first thought is: Joyetech is making a own device (the eCab is not compatible with the 510 connector) and soon are going to abandon the 510-series. They are no longer allowed to make more 510-products. I'm thinking, at the moment, the 510-series from Joyetech is running out. We won't see another upgrade of the ego-C to be sold by Joyetech.

I also know about the Joye eCab Adaptor.
I am not having a panic attack

Nobody said YOU were having a Panic Attack.

Joyetech is a leading e-cig company, why will not produce EGO series products?
Good Question Googolite!
Maybe Health knows the answer?

Health

Oct 4, 2012
Sweden
Good Question Googolite!
Maybe Health knows the answer?

IF Janty owns the patent rights to the EGO-series and have only used Joyetech to manufacture their products, the answer is simple.

Please read the article, it clearly states that EGO belongs to Janty.

I don't know if this is true, I just want to get to the bottom with this.
I have always thought that Joyetech invented the EGO, but if it's true that they only have manufacturing another companys product and are no longer allowed to, it changes the game for me.

Health

Oct 4, 2012
Sweden
This was part of the statement from Janty.

The following Janty inventions have been subcontracted to a new professional high quality subcontractor:
- eGo Series
- Dura 510 Series

So basically: Janty will stop working with Joyetech and use (another) a better and more professional high quality subcontractor.
But does this mean that Joyetech will stop selling eGo-products?
Did they make the eCab to start their own brand/device?

European-based e-cigarette maker JANTY is the original inventor of the eGo;

Thank you so much for this post. Can I read more about this somewhere?

The eGo technology was later copied and rebranded by other companies.

Yeah, a very successful technology indeed and that's why everyone did it. But Joyetech did not copy it, Janty used them as a subcontractor. I guess they where cheap, had a big capacity and marketing possibilities? Just theories.

In this video, Janty Head Designer Mik Dahl gives a preview of the Janty eGo prototype.

Video posted in 2009, so I guess it's a bit outdated, but thanks anyway!

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Yeah, a very successful technology indeed and that's why everyone did it. But Joyetech did not copy it, Janty used them as a subcontractor. I guess they where cheap, had a big capacity and marketing possibilities? Just theories.
There's lots of eGo knockoffs out there- some good, some even better than the eGo series and some that are absolute low quality garbage. The Kgo is a knockoff eGo BUT fires at 3.7 volts whereas the standard eGo fires @ 3.4 volts. Kgo uses a Li-PO battery while the Ego uses a Li-ion battery. Li-PO batteries are newer technology. More stable. Longer lasting. And then of course there are knockoff Kgos :facepalm:
Video posted in 2009, so I guess it's a bit outdated, but thanks anyway!
Just proves who invented the original eGo.

Health

Oct 4, 2012
Sweden
There's lots of eGo knockoffs out there- some good, some even better than the eGo series and some that are absolute low quality garbage. The Kgo is a knockoff eGo BUT fires at 3.7 volts whereas the standard eGo fires @ 3.4 volts. Kgo uses a Li-PO battery while the Ego uses a Li-ion battery. Li-PO batteries are newer technology. More stable. Longer lasting. And then of course there are knockoff Kgos :facepalm:

Just proves who invented the original eGo.

Oh, I see.
Sorry to miss that!

---

Anyways, found some interesting things at the forum:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/jantyworld/292945-janty-revokes-subcontractor-agreement-foreversourcing-joyetech.html

Quoted from the topic:

After Janty Kissbox and Janty eGo inventions, we think it is time to change the industry again, but this time the change will be more important than any of the other stuff we developed before, that's why it took us a year of developing quietly. This is all I can and will say for now.

You can expect MiD Series prototype presentation to the public around August 2012.

Health

Oct 4, 2012
Sweden
Say it aint so! I am so new and thats the only thing I know and am still learning about so I shouldnt worry or ....... have a panic attack?

No no no, there is not need of a panic attack :)

I just got a reply from a official distributor of Janty products which confirms some things.

Janty designed the original eGo, and Joyetech used to manufacture the eGos for Janty, but now Janty uses other manufacturers.

And so Joyetech will continue with their own branded eGos.

It's just that Joyetech and Janty have gone their separate ways...

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    After Janty Kissbox and Janty eGo inventions, we think it is time to change the industry again, but this time the change will be more important than any of the other stuff we developed before, that's why it took us a year of developing quietly. This is all I can and will say for now.

You can expect MiD Series prototype presentation to the public around August 2012.

They do that every year. Last year it was the "C", so I guess the next earth shattering development will be the "D".

steved5600

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 7, 2012
    Dallas, Texas
    No need for a panic. Sometimes the first big flash in something doesn't make it in the long haul. Sony invented the First affordable video tape player. You don't see to many Beta Max machines out there. Stuff happens. Unless the wold bans them there will be something out there and adapters are no big thing. I will be surprised if Ego or Joyetech disappears though. Sometimes companies that get spun off do very well too. Companies like Apple and some others were spin offs of other companies.

meli.

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 10, 2012
    No need for a panic. Sometimes the first big flash in something doesn't make it in the long haul. Sony invented the First affordable video tape player. You don't see to many Beta Max machines out there. Stuff happens. Unless the wold bans them there will be something out there and adapters are no big thing. I will be surprised if Ego or Joyetech disappears though. Sometimes companies that get spun off do very well too. Companies like Apple and some others were spin offs of other companies.

Agreed, but Beta was Better than VHS, but VHS had Better marketing, better Distribution and way Cheaper than Sony. Sony was far too arrogant at the time to recognise the problem.

As for Apple, If we're thinking along the lines of Apple Mac, then Microsoft was the Spin Off. Mr Gates was very Naughty!

Unfortunately it's not always the Best technology that Wins the day. As far as I understand it though, a 510 connector is a standard connect and only signifies Size, as almost all 'current' PV's and Mods are 510, I can't see a quick jump across to a new connector unless it's highly superior. I do suspect that when BT really gets into the mix every New Brand will have its own connector so people won't be able to interchange products. Perhaps this is the beginning...

I heard that Joyetech got tired of Everyone Ripping Off their Product Designs and making Knock-Offs.

So now they are making Knock-Offs of their own Designs and selling them as No-Names. And making More Money doing it.

;)

You just can't beat the Chinese. Hardcore Business Rules of Acquisition using whatever means necessary. Sensitive Ears and English Teeth aside I reckon they're just like Ferengi 'a nation with a mercantile obsession for profit and trade with a constant effort to swindle people into bad deals'
    spock-smiley.gif

No, the eGos are still being produced. Either that or there's a huge supply left around in China because there are factories still shipping on-line definitely. And these are not knock-offs.

They also have so many large accounts worldwide, i doubt there is any way they could just drop the brand . As a previous person stated, too many like us depend on the brand and will look at a store funny if they dont have it. Some people will check 10 other retailers before accepting a downgrade or look-a-like

Buggs5347

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 12, 2012
    Arizona
    Even if this was true, there would be a replacement company immediately because the twist is so popular. It definitely isn't going away at all, no chance at all.

I just saw a new version of the Twist the other day - not being sold yet in the U.S. Trying to remember where I saw it. But, the main changes are the switch will change color when the battery level goes below 50%, like the ego C does now and the numbers for the voltage are printed on the battery case edge.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread