Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I had to go out tonight to get a needle-tip thingie to fill these tanks, that hole is just so damn tiny; while there, at "vaping Shack" here in Lawrenceville, I also bought some e-juice which is a name brand that I'm pretty sure at least some if not all of you would know - Halo? I got the Turkish tobacco; it's not bad, it's really not sweet at all, which I do like, but, I dunno... I feel like I've been smoking a pipe or something, the after-taste. It's pretty weird, I have to say.

I gather from your remarks, Johnnie, about the eCom, that it's this "vv/ww"-whatever thing; what does that mean exactly, and what's the purpose of it, in an eCig? I got the eRoll because it's all automatic, the size is approximately right, and I heard good things about it, but there are just so many different kinds, how the heck do I figure out the difference? I do agree with you about the size and feel of the Njoy, it was *very* close to the real thing in that regard, but the eucalyptus taste kinda icked me out, and I wanted something more environmentally-friendly and budget-friendly than all this consumerish "throw it away" stuff. There's like a continent-sized mass of plastic in the Pacific, I hear, and I hate to think of adding more to it.

Andria

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
VV, or variable voltage allows you to increase or decrease the voltage going to your atomizer to allow you to control the temperature.of your vape. VW or variable wattage does pretty much the same thing in a slightly different manner. Sorry I can't be more explicit, but I barely understand it myself. Higher volts plus lower ohms equals a higher wattage and more heat. Many people find that they prefer a hotter vape. I do as well which is why I use low resistance atomizers. I just don't want to be bothered with twisting dials or pushing buttons or reading a lcd screen on my device.

Keep in mind that every part of the eRoll is disposable and is meant to be. Unless you buy a quality mechanical and a rebuildable atomizer, everything in vaping will eventually have to be replaced. Even with the above setup, you still have to buy wick and wire and throw the old stuff out.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Ok, thanks for explaining that; I was kinda wondering about it, with so many talking about it. I guess, for me, it's something I might be interested in later, when the basics are all down-pat and 2nd-nature, the way that cigs are now. For now, I do like the automatic way the eRoll works, and yeah, I know all the parts are disposable, but not like, after every use or day or two, the way the disposable e-cigs are. And as confusing and confounding as all these flavors are, I still like being able to choose the flavor for myself, in the device I also chose for its features -- sorta like separate software, instead of having the software hardcoded in the ROM.

But I agree, the tactile satisfaction of the Njoy was great; I hear that the Flings have the soft filters too. If they could make it (the Njoy) refillable and rechargable, I'd probably buy it. However just yesterday I realized that one of the things I like best about the eRoll is no more filter-paper shredding up against my lips, when it gets wet. That icks me out completely, when I have to pull wet, loose paper off the filter of my cigarette so I don't get it in my mouth. Ugh! It's really the most irrational habit in the world; there's not one good thing about it, yet I've persisted with it for nearly 40 yrs. I gotta knock it off before it kills me!

Andria

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
I didn't use the Eroll for, oh, about two months I guess, having discovered the Joye CC which uses the same atomizer and then trying other clearos. I eventually just started carrying an Ego 650mah with a clearo when out and about which was quite a bit lighter carrying around. Then a particularly difficult family health situation hit and my smoke-button has always been stress. At that time I rediscovered my reasons for getting the Eroll in the first place which was to substitute for a smoke. I can say now that its mainly the Eroll I credit with keeping me off smokes. I still need that morning feel of holding a smoke and whenever I'm stressed. I guess its the mental programming from so many years of ritual. I'm back to using the Eroll the way I did originally. I only use it when replacing smokes. The rest of the time I use my other setups. I keep it that way so the Eroll doesn't loose its affect on my super tenacious brain.:blush:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I guess its the mental programming from so many years of ritual.

It's starting to seem to me that that "programming" must be the major part of my addiction; tried 18mg, made me really pretty sick; yesterday vaped some 12mg, and got nausea last night and ........ today. so my next plan is to get some unflavored/zero nic PG and dilute these juices to a level that won't make me sick. After 20 yrs of smoking 6mg cigarettes, and almost never a whole cigarette at one go, I think my nicotine dependence is actually very low -- it's the *mental* part that keeps me addicted. Heck I may end up vaping 0nic a lot sooner than I anticipated, if all this nicotine-sickness keeps up. At least the eRoll gives me something to fiddle with when I'm stressed, and that might be 90% of the battle.

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I was a 3 pack a day smoker. There are times where 36 mg mixed with WTA doesn't dull my cravings.

At one time, about 15 yrs ago, I was too, or even 3+; chain-smoking, essentially; when I started going outdoors to smoke to spare my kid's lungs, it immediately dropped to 2 pk a day; since then, I've made a conscious effort to decrease it even further, till I got to 1 pk a day, starting maybe 2 yrs ago, until this summer. Now, this fall/winter, it's dropped to maybe 15-17 cigs a day, and recently since it's been so cold, about 12-13 a day. This past week, since starting to try out the vaping, it's gotten to about 10 a day. So my nicotine dependence is nothing like it used to be. And I'm starting to really notice how foul these things smell, along with my clothes and fingers. If I keep going like this, the fiddling-with might be my only real reason for vaping at all. Even though it's been almost 8 yrs since my dad died, watching someone struggle against a respirator really makes an impact. Everytime I light up, I just think, this is so stupid, why am I doing this?

Andria

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
Good reasons to quit.

I always smoked outside too. Always have. But my wife's asthma got worse and our daughter ended up with ear infections and bronchitis every winter. That's all gone away since I started vaping.

I still smoke on occasion, usually at work. I hate the taste of tobacco though, so I'm hoping the WTA let's me power through those times. Just need to find one that is palatable.

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
I still smoke on occasion, usually at work. I hate the taste of tobacco though, so I'm hoping the WTA let's me power through those times. Just need to find one that is palatable.

Hey Johnnie, did you get the Arctic Wolf at 36mg ? The throat hit on that is almost overwhelming, even though my esophagus must look like alligator hide after 46 years of Kools ... :oops:

At work, I avoid the smokers to avoid temptation. Not to be rude to them, but I vape in other discreet areas, and don't give them a chance to toss an analog my way ...

If you find a really good menthol WTA juice, please post about it, I'd like to try it myself ... :D

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
Yeah, Arctic Wolf 36 mg is what I have now. It tastes the same as the 24 mg to me. I only notice a difference if I drop back to 24 mg.

I tried the Newbie WTA at Aroma, but I don't care for it. It's ashy and dirty tasting, like a cigarette. I've got some 25 mg unflavored on the way from Whole Cig. I'm hoping adding that to the Arctic Wolf will do the trick. They have 36 mg unflavored too, but it's $70.00 a bottle. I'm going to try the 24 mg from Aroma as well, once I can afford to. It's supposed to be more pure, according to the man who created it. :)

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Good reasons to quit.

I always smoked outside too. Always have. But my wife's asthma got worse and our daughter ended up with ear infections and bronchitis every winter. That's all gone away since I started vaping.

Yeah that's the thing with these tobacco-flavored juices, man, they STINK, and that smell just grosses me out. I have asthma myself, adult-onset, pretty mild but I'm tired of going thru every scrap of every inhaler and hoping like hell I get my refills before I run out, and I'm sick to death of the cough-up-a-lung that every smoker greets the day with.

You know what really felt like a slap in the face? When my son, for whose bronchitis I changed my whole life, at the age of 18 started smoking. Not much I could do since he was 18, but I sure let him know how I felt about it. He's since quit, thank god; someone with bronchitis since a bout of pneumonia at the age of 5 has no damn business smoking AT ALL. But of course you can't tell an 18 yr old anything -- they know EVERYTHING! :) Thank god that in his early 20s he ACTUALLY began to know a few things -- the sight of my dad made a much FASTER impression on him, or the fact that he hadn't smoked for so long, made it easier for him to just lay them down and leave them.

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I have a question regarding the atomizers for the eRoll; they are apparently the same ones used for the eGo-C, as they are called "Joye EgO-C (Type A) Atomizer Heads".

On one site where I found the 5-pk of these atomizers, they are described as being "roughly 2.2 ohms" (at litecigsusa.net). I found a better price at ecigsplus.com, where they are described as "Option 2.4ohm: Standard Resistance ones at approx. 2.5 ohms" -- which is correct? Is it just that one of these sites, or perhaps even both, is listing an incorrect figure for the resistance? I'd really rather order from the second one, for the better price, but can't figure out what might be causing this discrepancy in how the product is described.

The second one also lists a version which is 1.7 ohms, but I'm pretty sure that one is not right for the eRoll; it also mentions that this one causes shorter battery life, and I don't see any problem at all with the higher resistance, so I'm not even considering the lower.

I looked at the actual JoyeTech site too, but a) they don't show ANY atomizers for the eRoll, you have to go look up the eGo-C to find them at all; and b) they make no mention whatever of the actual electronic specs for this part -- so the JoyeTech site is no help at all.

Any help?
Thx!!
Andria

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I'm not sure what the "normal" resistance (ohms) for those atomizers is supposed to be.
So hopefully someone else will answer that part of your question.

As for the 1.7 ohms, I do know that they make a low-resistance version of these atomizers.

The use of these LR atomizers on the eRoll has been discussed in this thread a few times.
The consensus seems to be that they don't make a difference.

I'm not sure why that would be, since it seems they would have to make a difference...
But that's what many people who have tried them seem to be saying.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
I don't know why that is either but having used both LR (1.8) and SR (2.2) I really can't tell any difference when in the Eroll. I do, however, notice a difference using them at both 3.3 volts and 3.7 volts in an Ego with Joye CCs. Its also never made sense to me why there would be such a drastic change in the same flavors using an Eroll tank compared to essentially the same thing as a Joye CC which is just a bigger but the same air-flow system. They use the same wicks and attys which is where the flavor happens. True maybe more air but doesn't seem enough to make such a huge flavor change.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
So it sounds like I'd be ok, going ahead and ordering from ecigsplus... and I notice there's a coupon here for them, too. Good deal! I'm just trying to locate the best resources for all the diff parts of this thing, that I will have to end up buying. Looks like litecigusa.net has the best price on the tanks, $2.95 for a 5-pk, and although they do have a discount on the price of the atomizers, ecigsplus is even lower. Haven't yet started looking at the prices on the eRoll batteries; hopefully those won't need replacing for some time.

Thx!
Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread