JoyeTech? eGo? Knock Off? Original?

Status
Not open for further replies.

White Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Not too much discussion on who actually has a patient or lock on the "Vamo/Bamboo/Eagle". At alibaba.com there are several manufacturers, and different vendors who call them eGo VV, or joyetech VV/VW with different logos. Evidently joyetech themselves do not endorse or manufacture the Vamo, as I was on their "official site" and it is not listed. It appears that Lifeking Technologies in Shenzhen City, China is one of the main manufacturers. I can't figure out the logos on these devices either as seen below:

View attachment 174039 View attachment 174040 View attachment 174041

None of them have the Joyetech logo, but most of them have the last logo CE with the wreath and the lettering ROES(checkmark)

Are all of these just generic, because I do not see an "Original Vamo" manufacturer? The only reason I am asking is because it is difficult to compare our devices if we are talking about different products from different manufacturers.

desTROYer

Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Silicon Valley
Rohs.jpg

RoHS, also known as Lead-Free, stands for Restriction of Hazardous Substances. RoHS, also known as Directive 2002/95/EC, originated in the European Union and restricts the use of six hazardous materials found in electrical and electronic products. All applicable products in the EU market after July 1, 2006 must pass RoHS compliance. RoHS impacts the entire electronics industry and many electrical products as well.

White Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I guess I will answer my own question after some afternoon research. There appears to be over 10 different manufacturers of the VAMO, almost all in Shenzhen, Guangdong Mainland China such as: Elego Technology, Fuyu Technology, Heigar, Forever Top, Tobeco and Lesiman. The pictures on their sites all look the same and operate the same so perhaps they are all using identical chips and or bodies, however without any individual branding it would be impossible to determine where an individual device was produced.

The only reason I was interested is because some owners have complained of various "issues" which may or may not be applicable to other owners. The Vamo, Bamboo or whatever it is called is obviously a generic non trade marked item for whatever its worth.

Happy Vaping Gang - Love the Vamo:toast:

Scott_Simpson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Fort Wayne, IN
I would be interested in getting the Vamo controller board, buttons and screen ... I've got a great enclosure that would run two AW IMR 18650s in series, and from my rough measurements off my own SS Vamo, the Vamo board & display would fit the upper compartment of the enclosure perfectly! I love my SS Vamo too much to sacrifice it for the guts ... maybe some vendor has a body-blem they'd sell for cheap ...

Of course, the way prices on the Vamo are headed down (under $40 now), maybe I should just grab another one (cheap chrome would be fine, since the body won't be used) and piece it out ... :laugh:

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
I would be interested in getting the Vamo controller board, buttons and screen ... I've got a great enclosure that would run two AW IMR 18650s in series, and from my rough measurements off my own SS Vamo, the Vamo board & display would fit the upper compartment of the enclosure perfectly! I love my SS Vamo too much to sacrifice it for the guts ... maybe some vendor has a body-blem they'd sell for cheap ...

Of course, the way prices on the Vamo are headed down (under $40 now), maybe I should just grab another one (cheap chrome would be fine, since the body won't be used) and piece it out ... :laugh:

Maybe there's a vendor out there that would sell you one of the extension pieces. That way you could screw two extender pieces on and fit two 18650s in there without having to mod.

Scott_Simpson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Fort Wayne, IN
Maybe there's a vendor out there that would sell you one of the extension pieces. That way you could screw two extender pieces on and fit two 18650s in there without having to mod.

True enough, and a good idea, but in the enclosure I'm intending to use the batteries are side-by-side rather than stacked vertically. The resulting form factor would resemble a more rounded MVP in both size and shape ...

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I guess I will answer my own question after some afternoon research. There appears to be over 10 different manufacturers of the VAMO, almost all in Shenzhen, Guangdong Mainland China such as: Elego Technology, Fuyu Technology, Heigar, Forever Top, Tobeco and Lesiman. The pictures on their sites all look the same and operate the same so perhaps they are all using identical chips and or bodies, however without any individual branding it would be impossible to determine where an individual device was produced.

The only reason I was interested is because some owners have complained of various "issues" which may or may not be applicable to other owners. The Vamo, Bamboo or whatever it is called is obviously a generic non trade marked item for whatever its worth.

Happy Vaping Gang - Love the Vamo:toast:

This is a recent development. Everyone seems to get them in the same white box. Its possible that they are now being manufactured by different companies to the same specs, but for the version 1s and the first runs of the version 2s they weren't all over alibaba like that. The only real issue that was common was the spring that came out after the first chrome runs, which should now be sorted.

Last edited:

White Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I would be interested in getting the Vamo controller board, buttons and screen ... I've got a great enclosure that would run two AW IMR 18650s in series, and from my rough measurements off my own SS Vamo, the Vamo board & display would fit the upper compartment of the enclosure perfectly! I love my SS Vamo too much to sacrifice it for the guts ... maybe some vendor has a body-blem they'd sell for cheap QUOTE]

Try emailing one of the manufacturers found here: Vamo Vv Mod-Vamo Vv Mod Manufacturers, Suppliers and Exporters on Alibaba.comConsumer Electronics

You can email them once you click on an individual vendor site. They most likely want to sell you 100 or 1000 boards :laugh: But then again they might sell you 5 boards for under $10 and that would be a bargin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread