Joyetech eGo AIO Mansion Starter Kit 1300mAh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ECF members, In this review i take a look at the eGo AIO Mansion Starter Kit 1300mAh from joyetech. The eGo AIO Mansion Starter Kit was supplied for the purpose of this review by Ella from joyetech.

eGo AIO Mansion - Joyetech

https://www.joyetech.com/online/joyetech...nsion.html

Introduction

The eGo AIO Mansion is a device which looks very much like a pod device but is an AIO device allowing the coils to be replaced. The device allows both suction activation and the use of a fire button, having both options available on the same device is a new one on me and makes the eGo AIO Mansion worthy of a further look, so lets do that!

In the Box

Contents:

1x eGo AIO Mansion Kit
2x BF SS316 0.6ohm Head
1x USB Cable
1x Warranty Card
1x Warning Card

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The eGo Mansion comes in the usual Joyetech cardboard box packaging and on opening i was met by a device which on first glance looks like another pod system. I received the Black version it's also available in Rose Gold, Orange, Silver and Gold, there is also a special edition White version that can only be purchased via Joyetech's online store. The entire body of the device's sides, front and back has a classy looking grooved effect which the matte rather than glossy finishes suit well. On both sides of the device we have vertical pill shaped viewing windows at the top, below the viewing window one side we have a horizontal rectangular metallic Silver physical button, the other side we have a micro USB port. The base of the device is also metallic Silver and has good venting and safety marks stamped into the metal. The top of the device see's metallic Silver plaques both front and back, these plaques are joined together by the metallic Silver circling the entire device, one plaque has "JOYETECH" stamped into the plaque the other "eGo AIO MANSION". Above the metallic section we have the mouthpiece section which comes with a translucent Black removable cover, removing the cover reveals the mouthpiece section is Black and where it enters your mouth its a thin but quite long horizontal pill shaped. The device seems very good build quality and the little sections of metallic Silver contrast against the matte finish very well, the device is pocket friendly and ergonomic.

eGo AIO Mansion Specs and Features:

Size: 33.0 x 17.5 x 103.0mm
E-liquid Capacity: 2ml
Coil head: BF SS316 0.6ohm Head
Battery capacity: Built-in 1300mAh
Inspired by the Empire State Building
Pocket-friendly all-in-one starter kit
Luminous liquid visible window
Two vape ways of direct inhale and hold button to vape
1300mAh built-in battery with anti-leaking structure
2ml capacity with 7-colour indicator light
BF SS316 0.6ohm head for MTL inhale
Colours: Black, Rose Gold, Orange, Silver, Gold

White version only available from Joyetech online

filling

To fill the device the mouthpiece needs to be pulled off, there is a notch either side which helps to get part of your fingernail in to help with this. These two holes are not the airflow but do allow air to enter and circulate in the top piece to feed the airflow proper. Once the mouthpiece is off you can see a large pull out silicone bung which needs to be pulled out in order to fill the device with juice (despite the bung being attached to the device you still get spares in case it snaps off and you lose it), the fill port is a big pro on the Mansion as it's a generous size so filling isn't a messy affair. There are large clear viewing windows either side of the device which you can use to help fill to the correct level, you can also see your juice level at all times. The device holds 2ml of juice and once filled simply replace the plastic bung.

Changing the coil

I have already explained how to remove the mouthpiece, opposite the filling hole we have an air pipe with a groove that allows you to tighten and un-tighten with the flat-head tool which is fixed to the inside of the mouthpiece. Once un-tightened the pipe can be unscrewed the rest of the way with your fingers and pulled out. When the air pipe has been pulled out you will see the BF coil gets screwed onto the bottom of the pipe. First prime the coil then screw onto the pipe, lower the air pipe with attached coil into the device, tighten first with your fingers and then with the tool. To put the mouthpiece back on you will see from looking inside the mouthpiece which way it fits as there are the appropriate gaps for the fill bung and air pipe to fit into. The mouthpiece is just press fitted into place but is a nice tight fit unlike the outer dust cap, with mine it is quite loose. The coils you get with the Mansion Kit are 2 BF SS316 0.6ohm.

The Airflow

The airflow control is easily missed unless you realise it's on the top section of the air pipe that protrudes outside the e-liquid tank section, underneath the mouthpiece. To adjust the airflow you need to take the mouthpiece off so until you workout exactly how you like it set it can take a lot of removing the mouthpiece and making small adjustments until you have it just right. Despite needing to remove the mouthpiece it's still a big pro being able to adjust the airflow as so many pod and AIO devices have fixed airflow. With the Mansion you can have anything from a very tight MTL vape right up to a lung hit (it's very restrictive but you can do it). The airflow itself is adjusted by turning a protruding ring with heavy knurling that's on the top of the air pipe, the airflow is dual mini cyclops.

Using the eGo AIO Mansion

The device has a physical on/off button which by clicking 5 times turns the device on and off. The button also doubles up as a fire button as the Mansion gives you two different vaping options, you can simply suck and it will operate by suction activation as many pod systems do or you can use the fire button, i personally have not used a device before that allows both ways to vape so it's possibly a first and certainly a big pro. Somewhere hidden within the device is LED's that light the viewing windows up and also the e-liquid inside the device while vaping. The colour your windows and liquid light up can be altered by clicking the fire button 3 times, then with each extra click it goes through the available options which are Blue, Green, Indigo, Red, Purple, Yellow, White and light off, when you reach the colour you want just wait without pressing for a few seconds and the colour will be set. The LED also does show battery life indication of sorts, it stays lit when the button is pressed for a few seconds when almost full and then has you run down the battery it flashes slowly to start with but quickens as the voltage gets lower. The Mansion has all the usual safety protections including over vape protection, over current protection, over charge protection, low voltage protection and short circuit protection.

Performance

The device works really well and having the adjustable airflow really gives great control of the type of MTL vape you get including a nice tight draw which a lot of MTL vapers prefer. It is not the usual MTL vape people will be use to as the 0.6ohm coil gives a powerful vape, personally i like it but it's just a bit different and better suited in my opinion to opening the airflow and having a looser draw. I did wonder if the suction activation on the device might not be the best hence having the physical fire option but actually it works really well and with that 0.6ohm coil i had more control over the power of the vape. What really surprised me i could even get a restricted lung hit using the suction activation better than using the physical fire button yet i also could control the vape more with a tight draw, it's a big pro having both options and different people will find which they prefer. Of course with the device being direct output the power of the vape does weaken as the battery voltage gets less but it gave a good vape throughout. The flavour is relative as obviously it's not up there with mesh coils or RDA's and RTA's but it's very good, far better than most pod systems available. If i was hyper critical it would be that to adjust the airflow you need to remove the mouthpiece but i'm not going to put that as a con as so many of these devices have fixed airflow and once you have it set there is no reason to have to alter it. The 1300mAh battery life on the device is good despite the 0.6ohm coil head but although the 0.6ohm head suits my style of MTL vaping it would be improved if there was also a 1.0ohm or 1.2ohm coil available which would suit others and increase the battery life still further. The device isn't suitable for nic salts which again adds appeal to a different type of vaper as there will be many vapers out there that would like this style of device but of late they all seem geared towards high nic and nic salts, i used just 3mg e-liquid (70VG it wicked really well) and it gave me a satisfying vape. The final thing worth mentioning is because your coil is placed at the top of the e-liquid chamber and it has top airflow there was no leaking issues whatsoever.

Pros

Very well made
Looks good
Ergonomic
Physical fire button or suction activated
Turn device on and off
Adjustable airflow
No mess fill
No leaking
MTL tight to loose plus very restricted lung hit
Battery status indication
LED light up viewing windows (choice of 7 colours or turn off)
Safety features
Replaceable coils
Better flavour than most pod systems
Good battery life

Cons

Powerful vape for tight MTL will suit some not others
Direct output power of vape weakens
Dust cover on mine is loose (it is a sample should be ok on retail version)
Instead of 2 0.6ohm coils in my opinion a 0.6ohm and a 1.0 or 1.2ohm coil would of been better.

I would once again like to thank Ella from Joyetech for supplying the eGo AIO Mansion Starter Kit for the purpose of this review.

eGo AIO Mansion - Joyetech

https://www.joyetech.com/online/joyetech...nsion.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread