Joyetech / Eastmall 510 and other questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyokahn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2010
Costa Rica
Hi everyone:

I did not know Eastmall products were NOT joyetech original... :blush:

Ok, a little background on this and me. I was a smoker since age 13 (yeah... not good) and I'm now 22, about 2 years ago I bought some ecig kits for me and a couple of friends who wanted to give vaping a try. Then I made the order from Eastmall, reading joyetech 510s were good and finding them as one of the cheapest suppliers for these kits.

I began vaping and a single PCC kit lasted me about 7 months, smoke free for 7 months and happy vaper, e-liquids were from the same provider at the beginning, then I switched to vaporbomb and the difference was HUGE, I couldn't believe I used the 1st ones for so long (about 2 months).

Then... my PCC died from water damage and the 2 attys died completely, costa rican customs made a restriction for e-cigs as ordered by the Ministry of Health, based on the fact that the FDA (US) had them under review, what they did not care to check was that the FDA was actually trying to decide (or in a court about) HOW to regulate them. And I started with the analogs again...

As you may imagine, Costa Rica doesn't have many suppliers, and none good enough even to consider, but they lifted the restriction recently so I went ahead and stocked up 6 ecig kits and spare parts, buying again from Eastmall, as my previous purchase was effective and I was very satisfied with the product.

Then I realized their products are not original Joyetech and would not come branded with the Joyetech logos and stuff, as confirmed by an e-mail conversation with Selina, one of their CS reps. I appreciate her sincerity about it.

Please don't take me wrong, Eastmall has been a good supplier overall as far as I know, except for the lack of info in their products.

Now the questions :confused:

1- How do Eastmall products (510/eGo) compare to their Original counterparts? I so far consider them good in build quality and durability, but I have no point for comparisson, but never really saw "clouds of vapor" :vapor:
2- Is there any provider who has original, branded joye products for similar prices? Even if teh provider is in China, I don't care.
3- Would it be worth to pay more for them? What's the best price you've seen and where?
4- Is vaporbomb e-liquid "the real deal" or are there suppliers which quality greatly outclasses theirs? What about JC "smoke juice"?
5- Are there any original joye products in Eastmall?
6- Are the Riva PVs originally produced by or for Eastmall?
7- Is it right for Eastmall to have their non-Joye 510s under a category called "Joye 510" in their website? :facepalm: if not, what can we do about it? I mean they are ECF Trusted Suppliers so...
8- Are DSE (e.g. 901) e-cigarettes good? 901 vs 510?

I understand it's a lot of information, and some hard questions, but I really need help and these are some of the things I need to get clear in order to continue vaping.

Thank you very much for reading this all, and thanks in anticipation for your answers and expertise.

I hope you forgive me for the grammatical errors that might difficult your reading, but I think the point of it all is clear.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
I have several kits, one Joye one Riva one from Mad Vapes (non-Joye) and one from China. Honestly, all have been great. Maybe I'm just lucky- who knows.

If you got a good price, I wouldn't be concerned. I've never purchased from Eastmall, maybe someone will have a different opinion. I knew before I made the purchase that they weren't Joye pvs, though. So I'm not sure about your question #7.

I order juice from Vapor Bomb regularly and I'm always happy with their juice. In fact, I'm ready to reorder right now.

bruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
Louisville, KY
Having some Riva 510 batteries, as well as genuine Joye eGo batteries, I'd say you can't go wrong with either. Riva has a rep for having the best eGo clone. Liberty-Flights is a good place to buy genuine Joye and Riva. If you buy from LF, be sure to click the 20% button at the top.

Gourmet Vapor has a lot of liquids. I buy from them when they have a sale.

Vermillion River has very good liquid. Discount code is ECF.

My Freedom Smokes has some good liquids.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Joye 510's do not have logos. Eastmall is probably fine. But some model called FS510 is reverse polarity and there is some other Chinese manufacturer (JSB) that makes some incompatible stuff as if they designed their threading by just looking at photos of the real models.

I know Eastmall Riva 510 is great - the latest models are real 3.7v devices. BTW Riva 510 is a fat battery model, an Ego clone but those new Eastmall ones have a bit more voltage. Very very popular here. I have one.

I don't like DSE901. The atomizers have a hole in the side where juice sometimes leaks out. And the atomizers I had were very hard to clean because the coil compartment is so enclosed. The atomizers were nice when new and then just sucked for me.

I also don't like auto batteries at all. If you want equipment that is harder to kill then sealed manual batteries are the best choice. Manuals also make it easier to get a good hit. 510 manuals should be totally sealed metal on the threaded end. Ditto for the big battery 510 models like Riva 510.

510 vs 901? Manual 510 or Manual 510 mega xl for 60-70% more charge

Big battery 510 threaded device - the latest model of Riva 510 by Eastmall (we get those in the US at Liberty-Flights.com). They also have a new version of the Riva 510 SE version with 3-click disable/enable.

Other than that I like simple 3.7v mods that use protected industrial batteries (they come out like a flashlight's battery or batteries do).

Some cautions - Riva 510 charger cable is a faster charger (so the large battery will charge in a reasonable amount of time) but it can damage slim 510's so label it and only use for Riva. Riva 510 can use hotter LR (low resistance) atomizers and cartomizers but don't use those on slim 510.

Last edited:

kyokahn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2010
Costa Rica
Bruiser, thanks for this, I ordered precisely a Riva 510 from LF last week, now I feel better :D

And dormouse, GREAT info! Although I have to tell you Joyetech DID started to brand stuff to avoid knock-offs, it's on their website, but I cant find it here at my job due to network restrictions.

Agree 100% on the auto batteries, my friend killed his with a drop that leaked in from the atty. I also say the Riva-T VV kits, they look AWESOME with the "pen holder", but didn't buy as I found no reviews yet...

I bought some drip-tips and LR bridgeless attys for dripping though, 510-T attys and LR attys and carts from another vendor, might this be able to produce "clouds of vapor"? Also, are LR atty's lifespan shorter than regular? I think it should be but don't really know...

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
I THINK Eastmall makes the Rivas, they are one of the superior eGo clones...to get more "clouds of vapor" try a LR(low resistance) atomizer or cartomizer LR= under 2.5ohms...also VG(vegetable glycerine) will give more vapor at the expense of less taste...an 80pg/20vg is a good liquid mix...you can consider the vendors listed on this site as legitimate and while you probably can't order from many of the vendors listed, you can look at such as Liberty Flights and the others and can get a good idea of what is what...looking at the various vendors here can also give you a good overview of what liquids are available as well...joye 510 and 510 are pretty interchangeable since Joye was an original marketer and the name is commonly used to indicate compatability(right or wrong)...Welcome to ECF and good luck with your searches.........
madjack:2cool:

kyokahn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2010
Costa Rica
awesome, thanks! my latest order from vaporbomb was all 80/20 or 70/30 PG/VG, and I will receive all of my hardware, including LR attys, so I guess I did it right! ***hoping customs doesn't tax me *** XD

I think doing my homework before re-entering vaping has been fruitful :)

I'm just missing info on good, cheap providers for original Joye 510s as I have the need to compare them to the ones I bought, and maybe some comments on JC "smoke juice"?

Thanks to all of you for reading and providing info :D

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Johnson Creek juices are VG as far as I know. If you are most interested in vapor and less interested in throat hit and flavor then I guess they would be fine on an atomizer. I depends what you like. it's not what I like. I prefer hit - even though I have lowered my nicotine I still want to feel however much hit it can give. But I still like some extra vapor so I use 80PG/20VG or 90PG/10VG. I also use no thicker than that for my main juices because I use simple popular cartos like Boge and I great use out of each carto with thin juices. I also avoid any juices that seem to drop a lot of flavoring sediment - that just clogs everything.

VaporBomb is very good but a bit pricier than some. FreedomSmokeUSA uses many of the same flavorings for less cost though VaporBomb may balance the amount of flavoring better. Their custom specialties are different from each other and for those I appreciate that VaporBomb offers every PG/VG for their custom flavor blend specialties (FSUSA specialties are 50/50 only)

I think there is no one juice vendor that can be singled out at the best.

Stef64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2011
Michigan
Eastmall was my primary supplier for about a year until I discovered Liberty-Flights. I have purchased both 510 and Riva kits from them. The products were of good quality. I have only had one 510 battery fail prematurely (about 2 months after purchase) out of about 10 that I bought from them. And I still use one of the Riva batteries I bought in January. While I believe that Joye products are of high quality I prefer the EM Riva over the Joye eGo. They are both high quality and the newer Rivas run at a higher voltage than the eGo. The Riva is also less expensive. Bottom line, I was pleased with Eastmall and I would probably still use them if it wasn't for the shipping charges.

901 vs. 510? Definitely 510 (EM or Joye). My first PV was a 901 auto. I then tried a Janty DuraC (rebranded Joye 510) and the amount of vapor and TH was superior to the 901.

Liberty Flights is a supplier that has both the Joye and EM 510 as well as eGos and Rivas. They may ship to Costa Rica for less than EM.

Stef64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2011
Michigan
I bought some drip-tips and LR bridgeless attys for dripping though, 510-T attys and LR attys and carts from another vendor, might this be able to produce "clouds of vapor"? Also, are LR atty's lifespan shorter than regular? I think it should be but don't really know...

LR atty's or cartos will definitely produce mote vapor and more TH than regular ones. On my Riva i prefer 2.4 ohm CE-2 Fluxomizers. They produce great vapor and TH and the flavor comes through like dripping. They may take some fiddling to get them to work right but it's worth it. You can get them at GotVapes.

rawrscary

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2011
Seattle
..one thing to keep in mind, JoyeTech makes many of the items you see and just relabels them for various vendors...no real way to tell without asking the vendor.....
madjack:2cool:

Just thought you might like to know that Joyetech no longer does rebranding. They stated that they stopped doing branding in Sep 2011. Now all they will sell to a vendor is joyetech branded parts. However, they are still branding for vendors that were purchasing prior to Sep 2011. They just won't take on new clients and do branding for them.

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
Just thought you might like to know that Joyetech no longer does rebranding. They stated that they stopped doing branding in Sep 2011. Now all they will sell to a vendor is joyetech branded parts. However, they are still branding for vendors that were purchasing prior to Sep 2011. They just won't take on new clients and do branding for them.

...good to know...thanks....................................:2cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread