Joye Stick V3 atty issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

birdofparadise

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2010
I purchased a Joye Stick V3 because I loved the small size, easy to carry in my purse, easy to conceal, decent battery life, and a large cart to fill less often....but....here is what happened: the first few days, the 302 atty (that came in the kit) vaped okay, then it wasn't producing any vapor. I decided to try a B112 atty after reading some of the positive notes in the forum, but the B112 did the same thing as the 302, vapor production also went down significantly after one or two days (almost no vapor). I have an 801 atty and decided to try that today, and so far it seems to be performing well, but will that one suffer the same fate as the other two? I have many 501 atties so I just received a 501 adaptor so I can use my stick with the 501s, it seems to vape very nice, but...I was hoping to steer away from filling up my cart so often.
So my question to the veterans is, had anyone experienced this with the StickV3, is this a known problem, or am I doing something wrong?

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
I've been using Janty v1, v2, v3, Joye v3 for over a year. I've used VG juice exclusively since then also, with great vapor production, but YES atty's are at issue for me as well. You should be getting clouds of vapor, PG or VG. You need to "seat" the atty quite firmly. And keep the connection dry.
I've got bags of burned out and just plain burned (scorched taste) so if someday I have nothing better to do maybe re-coil them.
I've used the Joye 302, Janty's high priced ones, and BE112's all with the same result, some last a week, a very few maybe a little more. But most within the first day has an off-taste that I can tell it's going to scorch....so am careful as possible about keeping them well primed, careful about cart fillers being right, not too thick or thin and well wetted, I've even trimmed most of my carts so they don't touch the bridge (cut off about 1/8th of an inch) and scorching is still happening.
I've cleaned a few in grain alcohol when they get sluggish or vapor goes down, and that helps for a short time. Most of the time you know if they need blowing out, if they gurgle a bit, or if vapor goes down I blow them out (the juice inside the mesh does thicken a bit over time) and you have to keep the connections dry on the battery and atty side for best heat.
I've tried to consciously slow down my cadence a bit to give the juice time to rehydrate the top of the filler, but that really doesn't seem to help either.
I've replaced quite a few sticks, when my V3 goes bad I go back to an old V2 as a back up. Kind of funny, the older version seems to work better for atty longevity. Same battery, etc., so don't really have an answer for you.
I've also been tempted to go to the 510 atomizer, but then it's the problem about filling more often. Just like you said. That's not an acceptable fix.
I know some use a Low Resistance atty, but reading responses about that doesn't seem to dispell the scorching issue or last any longer (some say they don't last as long!)
I may just order a couple and see what happens. Right now!
I hope others would respond here as well, someone must be having better luck than we have!! I too really love the configuration of the Sticks.

Last edited:

birdofparadise

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2010
Thank you for your response, it helps to know I am not alone.

careful about cart fillers being right, not too thick or thin and well wetted, I've even trimmed most of my carts so they don't touch the bridge (cut off about 1/8th of an inch) and scorching is still happening.

I'm going to try the blue foam on the cart, because I think the filling on the carts is too tight, the material seems different from that on the 510s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread