Joye 510-t concerned

Status
Not open for further replies.

xCJack

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2013
United States
Disclaimer-* I posted this is the Joye 510 forum but I am kind of urgently concerned, hoping to get more views here since I am a new vaper aswell.

I just bought a Joye 510-t, and aside from the battery dying after an hour of usage, the flavor and vapor production is great.

However, a concern I have is that the tank is plastic, and you insert the tank onto the atomizer, which is like a spike. What is stopping the atomizer from burning plastic? I don't trust the setup because the plastic tank seems to be in direct contact with the atomizer, which is obviously heating the liquid. Is the 510-t atomizer going to burn plastic? Thanks for any feedback.

Last edited:

xCJack

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2013
United States
welcome to ECF!

I used 510-T for a loong while. the tanks last forever. its a plastic that won't melt by the heat given off from the atomizer.

batteries lasting an hour is typical.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Is the "spike" inside of the atomizer the actual piece that is being heated? Or is the heating occurring inside of the spike?

Iusedtoanalog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hi xcJack... so i totally agree with you on the battery life issues with the 510.... but that is whole different thread. You have the spike and base plate with a silica wick which feeds liquid from the tank to the coil. This plate isolates the plastic tank away from the hot coil.... so as far as melting the tank you would have to do something rather extreme to accomplish that. Just be sure to keep spare tanks and atomizers available. They are known to be finicky. Good Luck. Happy Vaping.

Sent from my rotary phone using sheer willpower

Iusedtoanalog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
Pennsylvania
Is the "spike" inside of the atomizer the actual piece that is being heated? Or is the heating occurring inside of the spike?

The coil is mounted under the spike plate.... do a google search for " cleaning eGo t atomizer" the videos will show you how to get it apart and get it cleaned.... good info to have anyway. The 510 is built nearly exactly the same way. Just a little smaller and therefore a little more time consuming to work on.

xCJack

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2013
United States
The coil is mounted under the spike plate.... do a google search for " cleaning eGo t atomizer" the videos will show you how to get it apart and get it cleaned.... good info to have anyway. The 510 is built nearly exactly the same way. Just a little smaller and therefore a little more time consuming to work on.

So the spike acts as a sort of straw to funnel the liquid down to the heating coil?

Iusedtoanalog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
Pennsylvania
So the spike acts as a sort of straw to funnel the liquid down to the heating coil?

Yes exactly. It has silica wick to allow the liquid to travel down under the base plate where the coil can heat and vaporize the liquid.... Now i think you got it.

xCJack

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2013
United States
Yes exactly. It has silica wick to allow the liquid to travel down under the base plate where the coil can heat and vaporize the liquid.... Now i think you got it.

Oh crap, I screwed up then. I thought that silica wick was crystalized e-juice and I pushed it down with a toothpick trying to get it out... did I ruin that atomizer? Damn it! :laugh: :facepalm: :glare:

xCJack

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2013
United States
You may find that that atomizer floods or gets dry.... if it works fine keep using it... if not then you could get it apart and reposition the wick. It all depends on how handy you want to be. If all else fails then replace it. Good Luck.

I pushed out the wick with a paperclip through the screw end, I think I jacked that atomizer up. The screw end goes all the way through to the end of the atomizer where you put in the tank, what is stopping liquid from getting on the battery?

Iusedtoanalog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
Pennsylvania
Yes. The coil sits right under the spike..... if you drove the paper clip all the way through then it's probably done.... i doubt it will even fire at all. Without the wick it will flood like crazy and will leak on anything you screw it to.... sorry to be the guy with the bad news.

xCJack

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2013
United States
Yes. The coil sits right under the spike..... if you drove the paper clip all the way through then it's probably done.... i doubt it will even fire at all. Without the wick it will flood like crazy and will leak on anything you screw it to.... sorry to be the guy with the bad news.

Lmao, live and learn huh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread