Joining the GLV crew !

Status
Not open for further replies.

kboyts

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Warren, Ohio, United States
Cant wait to join the GLV crew ! Placed my order last night for a super mini and all the goodies ! Full body coated black stardust, with clearcoat and lanyard ! Been vaping for just a hair over a month on 808d-2's and a couple of homemade mods, all of which were all lacking in some area or another. Cant wait for the supermini to arrive, I think it has just about everything I need/want in a PV !

In the 31 days Ive been vaping I've already misplaced/lost 2 808 batteries with cartomizers, including one on the first day they arrived! Hence the NEED for the lanyard lol. Let alone summertime weather arriving soon, constantly on the go many times with shorts and no pockets.

Sure will be nice to get this disaster area on my desk cluttered with 808 batteries cleared up and not have to worry about what is charged/needs charged/which ones to pack with me for the day etc.....

kboyts

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
While Im patiently waiting for it to arrive I have a quick question for you GLV gurus. Whys does everyone use adapters on the atty connector? I see alot of posts people saying they use (for example) a 510-901, then 901 -510 adapter ? I see it use on say a map tank (to extend the tank above the button for clearance issues, but why use the adapters if your just using a plain atty/cartomizer?

Kargonet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2010
Abilene, Texas
Hey kboyts! Welcome! I'm a relative new comer to the GLV family as well. I have an adopted GLV2 and a Chevy Orange SuperMini ordered and hopefully on it's way in the not too distant future.

I don't know the answer to your adapter question but I bet someone whose been in the GLV family longer will be able to answer it for you.

leroytwohawks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
While Im patiently waiting for it to arrive I have a quick question for you GLV gurus. Whys does everyone use adapters on the atty connector? I see alot of posts people saying they use (for example) a 510-901, then 901 -510 adapter ? I see it use on say a map tank (to extend the tank above the button for clearance issues, but why use the adapters if your just using a plain atty/cartomizer?

I think the biggest reason is just that not everyone only uses just the 510 or 306 attys some people prefer to change up to use there 901, 801 cartos or attys. It's just a matter of choice, I started with the 510s and have tried a few others but for myself I find I like the 510s and 306s.

Good luck and stick with it I was a 30+ year 2 pack a day smoker when I started vaping and quit analogs the same day, 8 months later and I've never looked back.

Welcome to the GLV family I'm a new member here also, and you'll love your new Super Mini.

Kevin

kboyts

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
I think the biggest reason is just that not everyone only uses just the 510 or 306 attys some people prefer to change up to use there 901, 801 cartos or attys. It's just a matter of choice, I started with the 510s and have tried a few others but for myself I find I like the 510s and 306s.

Good luck and stick with it I was a 30+ year 2 pack a day smoker when I started vaping and quit analogs the same day, 8 months later and I've never looked back.

Welcome to the GLV family I'm a new member here also, and you'll love your new Super Mini.

Kevin

I fully understand using the adapters if you want to use different attys - 901, 306, 808, etc... but what I have seen is people stacking 2 adapters basically adapting a GLV from 510 to something else, then that thread back to 510, so it hasnt changed anything, just made the fitting taller.

smokum

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario -CANADA-
I'm with Keyz on this.......... I use an Ego 510->510 adaptor on my GLV (or "any" device) because I'm an avid dripper, and well.... sometimes you just get carried away, lol

I figure why not, it helps keep juice away from the insulating and connections easily, so why risk my toys

jaybird

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2009
MI USA
www.greatlakesvapor.com
Hey welcome aboard. Iv never used one of those drip shields , but i do know adapters can be a pain because they can sometimes push the center pin down. If you ever have an air flow issue you can send it back real quick and i can cut the holes bigger, or adjust the brass connection....easy fix. Anywho feel free to call with any questions. The number is on the website now.

kboyts

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
According to USPS tracking info, my super mini arrived at the local PO this morning ! Here I sit, anxiously awaiting the mail man ! All I can say now is I hope to hell that the batteries have a pre charge on them so I can use it when it gets here ! I have an extra set of batts here already but no charger yet . I know it will kill me to finally have it and have to sit here and stare at the charger for 4 hours before I can use it LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread