Johnson's Creek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latham

Moved On
Aug 8, 2010
Indiana
I am completely new to the E-juice game, no hiding it. Wide eyed and confused like the newbie I am, I stumbled into the Johnson's Creek website. I have heard some good and bad about the JC juice, but I have to admit the marketing is great! The website looks like something from a tobacco company, a whiskey distillery or a backwoods microbrewery. So are my instincts right? Does JC have a really great tobacco flavor? Or am I just a victim of slick marketing and professional web site design?

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
I am completely new to the E-Juice game, no hiding it. Wide eyed and confused like the newbie I am, I stumbled into the Johnson's Creek website. I have heard some good and bad about the JC Juice, but I have to admit the marketing is great! The website looks like something from a tobacco company, a whiskey distillery or a backwoods microbrewery. So are my instincts right? Does JC have a really great tobacco flavor? Or am I just a victim of slick marketing and professional web site design?

Well- I got a sampler from them. And quite frankly- it was a quality product that was too tasteful for me.

However.

My palate likes Dekang and EcoPure Juices. Most of the american juice makers are too flavorful for me. Johnson Creek was waaaaaaay over the top on flavor.

Perhaps, you could try a few samplers and see where you fall. I can pretty much promise that unless you get very lucky you will hunt for something you like.

Bahnzo

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Colorado
It really depends. Like everything, you kinda have to taste it yourself.

I really, really like their Marcado flavor, but everything else is not for me. Their tobacco tends to be very flavorful (I think strong is the wrong word for it) and has a unique taste to it. It can't really be described. Their other flavors I didn't like at all...nothing wrong with em, just unique like their tobacco and not my style. If you like tobacco flavors, then I would suggest getting their Red Oak sampler pack and see what you think yourself. It's really the only way.

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
...And I, on the other hand, LOVE heavy flavor.

It's the reason I don't use much VG anymore. It's the reason I put 20% of a FlavorArt flavor in my DIY juice, which would make most people's heads explode.

I want to be smacked in the face with flavor.

Everybody's different. I like Johnson's Creek, unlike the two fellas above. I don't think it's over-the-top strong. It's not as strong as my DIY's, by any stretch of the imagination. But it does have a rich flavor to it, which I enjoy.

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
I see. So the flavor was very rich? Or would you say sweet?

Depends on the flavor. To my palate anything that was supposed to be sweet was really really sweet.

But like Mistress noted it's all subjective. A lot of people love JC juices.

The point of my post was to let you know that they are at the HIGH end of the flavor spectrum.

Great product... high quality. Not for me.

I still suggest you get a sampler and give Johnson Creek a shot. Many people with a taste for american juices love them.

Latham

Moved On
Aug 8, 2010
Indiana
I have tried their chocolate truffle in pg ,11mg nic .(nice litetish tobacco chocolate flavor.
I have also tried the red oak line of VG in 11mg Tennessee cure . (nice sweet, a lil woody, almost reminds me of a lite pipe tobacco.

I have been mixing them with other juices to explore /extend their range..:p
The flavor you describe is what I expect from JC. They give that woody vibe on the website if you know what I mean. I ordered a sample pack of the Red Oak. I might as well give it a shot. And if it isnt for me I will give them to any of you that want them, just pay shipping.:p

billo

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
Wesley Chapel, FL
I ordered a set of about 10 samples from JC when I first got into vaping over a year ago.

They were almost all terrible and set my vaping progress back months! Way too strong and sweet, like, for example Cherry. The only one I liked was Kona Coffe, and they dropped that.

Plus, their prices were about 3X what I pay for juice now--- under $10 for 30 ml.

Kubi

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2009
I am completely new to the E-Juice game, no hiding it. Wide eyed and confused like the newbie I am, I stumbled into the Johnson's Creek website. I have heard some good and bad about the JC Juice, but I have to admit the marketing is great! The website looks like something from a tobacco company, a whiskey distillery or a backwoods microbrewery. So are my instincts right? Does JC have a really great tobacco flavor? Or am I just a victim of slick marketing and professional web site design?

Try freedomsmokeusa.com good flavor.
For tobacco flavor i have not found a good one yet. (3 years vaping)

aschmidy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2009
Wisconsin-deep in the woods
That good? That is one JC flavor I've heard a lot about and I would like to try. Do you get the original or Red Oak? Is it a good, strong tobacco flavor?

Love it. I use vg only, so I get the Red Oak. I've found I really don't like the sweet or fruity flavors, but the tobacco flavors can be a little rough. Tenn. Cured is right in the middle for me. I thought their Domestic is more of a tobacco flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread