JohnsonCreek Tennessee Cured question

Status
Not open for further replies.

squirrel64

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2010
Va Skyline Drive Shenandoah River
hey guys, Seen a lot of great reviews on JC's Tennessee Cured and might give it a try. I strictly use clear dual coils and was wondering what type juice to get. The original or the Red Oak. Anyone have any problem with the 100% vg in these dc's ? And is there any difference in the flavors between the two ?

zerominusone

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2011
in your house
The Red Oak Tennessee Cured is 100% VG and the Johnson Creek Tennessee Cured has pg. They both taste pretty much the same. The Johnson Creek TC tastes a little stronger and has a little more TH (because of the pg). The Red Oak kind will make more vapor but taste a little less strong and not hit quite as hard (because of the vg). The difference between the two tastewise is hardly noticable (kinda like the difference between a Marlboro Light and a Marlboro Ultra Light) but there is a BIG difference in vapor production.
I have noticed a flavor change when I've used different cartomizers though. Both of them (JCTC and ROTC) taste stronger when I used horizontal coil, 2.0 ohm, Boge cartomizers compared to the vertical coil, 2.6 ohm, Kanger cartos. I will only buy the Boge now because the taste is so much better. I've never used a dual coil or a clear one so I can't answer that.
If you want more flavor and good TH and ok vapor, get the JCTC. If you want ok flavor, ok TH and tons of vapor, get the ROTC. Or, what I do is use the ROTC in a one carto on my regular pv and keep one carto with the JCTC on my passthrough. That way I get tons of vapor from both. Have fun.

squirrel64

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2010
Va Skyline Drive Shenandoah River
thanks zero, gonna try the original for right now. As a matter of fact I'm ordering right now. Really appreciate your input. I dabble in diy so if a little more vapor is needed I can throw a few drops of high % vg in there. But I just couldn't believe all the positive reviews on this juice when I read them. So my credit card finger started twichin !!

zerominusone

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2011
in your house
yeah, Johnson Creek makes some EXCEPTIONAL juices. I just swiched my cartos; the one I had on was Red Oak Tenn. Cur. and I just put on the JC Orig. Both are GREAT. JC Orig. (24 nic) is a little strong TH for first thing in the am but the Red Oak is perfect with my first two cups o' joe. RO has PLUMES of vapor. The JC TC has plenty; I don't think you'll need to add anything. I thought I messed up one day; I was topping off my carto and accidentally put the JC Orig. in with the Tenn. Cur. It was GOOD. So that'ld be a little dabble in the DIY, hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread