Jennifer Cook's Cancer Fund - Let's help as a community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sachiaiko

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2009
Rainier, WA
Hey folks, How close are we to meeting our Goal for Jennifer?

57%!! We are only 43% away from reaching the goal, we're passed the half-way Marker now!

BTW, i wanted to say the fact everyone is donating and working to help Jennifer in her time of need is so touching and wonderful. I have such a level of respect for this forum. Not only is it one of the friendliest and Troll-free forums i have ever been a member of (in any subject) you all are some of the truly KINDNEST people ever. You make me PROUD to be a member here, and a Vapor.

I am an ovarian cancer survivor, and the truth is the support of people in your life is invaluable, and small acts of kindness make all the difference. I got very lucky, Ovarian cancer is difficult as hell to catch and often it's caught far to late which is why it is so deadly. That, along with my other health problems (like recurent comas) has put me in a possition to understand the value of our support in a unique way as well as being on disability and with very little to support myself with, or give outside of my unique perspective.

REGARDLESS, I am going to donate what little i can, because i know every little bit HELPS, and i urge everyone here to do the same. Even a single dollar is one dollar closer to the goal, and a procedure that could very well Save Jennifers Life.

This forum is more then just an ecig forum. It's a community. And if we should be battling ANY illness as a community - its cancer!!

Please Donate what you can to help a valued member of our community! Jennifer is the creative mind behind Phiniac.com and their beautiful tanks from what i understand. Raise Money For Breast Cancer To Support Jennifer Cook Click on the link to donate directly to the cancer fund. You can also see how close we are to the Goal of 16k for Jennifers Deductable!

Or, if you are in the market for new mods or new vaping equipment PLEASE go check out the classifieds as many items have been donated brand new to help raise money for Jennifer's procedure! If you're in the market, PLEASE check the classifieds of this forum FIRST to see if anything posted is to your liking. I have seen a couple fantastic mods, truly spectacularly made mods donated to the cause. Some one has to snatch those up right away!

If you want to donate a mod or other items to the cause, contact TMCase (on this forum) directly. TMcase has been the person listing everything on the Classifieds.

PS, I am in no way related to Jennifer nor the people who set up the Support Fund etc. I just felt inspired by my own experiences and my lack of Funds to help in whatever way i possibly can. I thought adding another thread might drum up some more support, and i genuinely wanted to help in the best way i possibly could. Every single dollar helps, and she's already gotten 57% of her goal!! Which is a Huge Chunk!

Anyhoot, i hope to hell I've inspired a few more people to help :) I know my donation wont break the bank, but I'm still gonna donate what i can. We all need to think that way. If every single person on the forum donated 2 bucks i'm sure we'd have our goal in absolutely no time. 2 Bucks!! Thats NOTHING. Seriously, just skip the expensive coffee one day this week and drink a homebrewed cup instead! If each of us just skipped a 2 dollar item this week, and instead donated to Jennifer's fund, she would have what she needed very quickly.

Jennifer's only concern should be focusing on healing up, no money concerns should even enter her mind. And we can help make that happen!

:Cheer!:

Sachi

(PS, I posted this in one of the busiest sections intentionally to try and drum up some more support. If a Moderator really thinks its inapropriate, i wont feel bad about it being moved. But i hope that the Mods allow it to stay here and get the attention it deserves :) Be well!)

sachiaiko

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2009
Rainier, WA
Yay! Thanks for your support!

And very glad your mother in law caught it early. I'm sorry about your aunt. Its a really difficult thing to loose folks to cancer, and it seems like our culture is having MORE cancer every year, its really time we figure out how to battle the stuff. Sincerely.

In addition to my own battle with ovarian cancer, a friend of mine just passed a few months ago from cancer that had spread. Truth is, most people have been touched by some form of this disease - when an illness is so prevelant most folks know some one who has battled, are battling or lost the battle to cancer its really passed the point of needing a cure. Its become absolutely imperative to find a cure.

But, the more we help folks in need, the more we donate to cure for the cause and various medical studies, the better our chances are to beat it.

Sachi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread