• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Japanese sellers sold out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeInJapan

Nov 10, 2013
Tokyo
Having lived in Japan for around 6 years now, my previous UK credit has long since expired, and not working in the UK means I literally cannot get another UK credit card... Moreover, as many of you no doubt realise, getting a Japanese credit card is near on impossible for foreigners, you can't pay online with a standard Japanese cashcard and neither can you set a bloody paypal account. Consequently, I find myself restricted to those few Japanese sites who offer payment on delivery (which are great). However, I've noticed that lately most of the clearomizers/tanks/cartridges/batteries and whatever seem to be almost entirely sold out! So I can't get any of the bloody things! Anyone have any idea what's going here? Is this due to an exponential increase in the popularity of vaping in Japan, or are customs acting weird again?

Last edited:

Robobob1221

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Toride-shi, Ibaraki, Japan
Could be a combination of both. If vendors are trying to order larger shipments could cause them problems as they are shipping batteries and what not which can hold up stuff at customs.

Have you tried buying one of those disposable credit cards from the convenience store and attaching that to your PayPal or using it at a vendors checkout?

Spencer87

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jakarta- Indonesia
Having lived in Japan for around 6 years now, my previous UK credit has long since expired, and not working in the UK means I literally cannot get another UK credit card... Moreover, as many of you no doubt realise, getting a Japanese credit card is near on impossible for foreigners, you can't pay online with a standard Japanese cashcard and neither can you set a bloody paypal account. Consequently, I find myself restricted to those few Japanese sites who offer payment on delivery (which are great). However, I've noticed that lately most of the clearomizers/tanks/cartridges/batteries and whatever seem to be almost entirely sold out! So I can't get any of the bloody things! Anyone have any idea what's going here? Is this due to an exponential increase in the popularity of vaping in Japan, or are customs acting weird again?

just get a real credit card. I`ve been here since august. I got mine in may.... Jal card. Citi card also give to foreigners. they even have an english application they can mail u. Just about getting the right one. Mind I dont blame them, if someone came and wrote an application in chinese in canada, i`d reject them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread